University of the Pacific Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Applying here as well! Did you start on the supplemental application yet? If you did, are you sending the resume directly to UoP or submitting it electronically?

Applying here as well! Did you start on the supplemental application yet? If you did, are you sending the resume directly to UoP or submitting it electronically?

I haven't started yet. I was waiting to submit PharmCAS first before attempting to do any supplemental stuff. I think I might submit it electronically. It would be faster that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys im applyin to UoP as well hopefully we can collaborate along the way..i have plenty of questions to ask!! heheh

If you guys have any question about UOP's application, I'll do my best to help. I applied 2nd tier last year myself.

If you guys have any question about UOP's application, I'll do my best to help. I applied 2nd tier last year myself.

I have a question for you, when entering the grades on the supp app portion on the school's website, if you withdrew from a class do you put W as the original grade and then the new grade after you retook the course?

I have a question for you, when entering the grades on the supp app portion on the school's website, if you withdrew from a class do you put W as the original grade and then the new grade after you retook the course?

If your transcript indicates accordingly, my best guess would be to put W as the original, and the new grade as repeat. Otherwise, email Veronica (the admissions coordinator) to double-check; she's friendly and approachable.

I found filling the supp online confusing. For me, it was easier to fill out on paper/pdf, haha.

If your transcript indicates accordingly, my best guess would be to put W as the original, and the new grade as repeat. Otherwise, email Veronica (the admissions coordinator) to double-check; she's friendly and approachable.

I found filling the supp online confusing. For me, it was easier to fill out on paper/pdf, haha.

Ok. I wonder if you can fill out a part of it online and the other part by paper/pdf?

Ok. I wonder if you can fill out a part of it online and the other part by paper/pdf?

Not sure about this one, but it would be more consistent (and I think easier for the admissions committee) if you did it all on one format. If I remember correctly, you can submit a paper version of your resume because some people had a difficult time inputting their resume online.

Not sure about this one, but it would be more consistent (and I think easier for the admissions committee) if you did it all on one format. If I remember correctly, you can submit a paper version of your resume because some people had a difficult time inputting their resume online.

I think I may end up going the paper route because it's really confusing online.

i hab a question does anyone noe whether pacific use the GPA calculated by Pharmcas to determine eligibility or does the school recalculate your GPA?..cuz i heared pharmcas calculates everything...repeats as well..

i hab a question does anyone noe whether pacific use the GPA calculated by Pharmcas to determine eligibility or does the school recalculate your GPA?..cuz i heared pharmcas calculates everything...repeats as well..

If I am not mistaken, the school does its own calculations as well since it will only use the pre-req GPA to determine eligibility and the PharmCAS GPA is based on all courseworks post high school.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the part where we input our Course in progress/planned...do we just put the prerequisite courses only?

You have to enter ALL courses, not just prereqs.

What if there are changes for the later semester (ex: Spring 2011)? I'm not even sure if I can enroll in some of my classes I hope to get in for spring. They fill up pretty quick at my school.

What if there are changes for the later semester (ex: Spring 2011)? I'm not even sure if I can enroll in some of my classes I hope to get in for spring. They fill up pretty quick at my school.

You can put down the courses you think you will take now. If there are changes later on, there will be a time period when PharmCAS will allow you to update your courses.

You can put down the courses you think you will take now. If there are changes later on, there will be a time period when PharmCAS will allow you to update your courses.

Thanks! Btw, did you send your resume directly through mail? If you did, did you send it through a large envelope or did you fold the resume and sent it in with a regular envelope?

Thanks! Btw, did you send your resume directly through mail? If you did, did you send it through a large envelope or did you fold the resume and sent it in with a regular envelope?

I sent it in a large yellow envelope, just to be neat.

Won't you be sending everything together?

I'm actually doing the supplementary application online and submitting the resume through mail. Do you think I should do everything through mail?

i emailed n asked veronica the pharmacy admission coordinator..n she said that pacific uses pharmcas GPA therefore repeated courses are average between the two grades..kinda lame

I'm actually doing the supplementary application online and submitting the resume through mail. Do you think I should do everything through mail?

I think it might be better to do it one way. Either submit everything online or send everything by mail.:thumbup:

i emailed n asked veronica the pharmacy admission coordinator..n she said that pacific uses pharmcas GPA therefore repeated courses are average between the two grades..kinda lame

A lot of schools average the two grades. Sucks.

Is the resume formatting applied to the online app?

I'm almost done with my UOP Supp application. The only thing I still need is to answer the essay, but I can't really find anything online to answer the question of why I really want to go here. I like that it's a 3 year program and I visited the school last year, but I still don't know what sets UOP out. What type of community outreach programs, student outreach, etc. etc. do they have?

I applied to University of Pacific for pre-pharm, and they said they ran out of room, even though I gave in all of my information on time. They are now having A LOT of applicants. My advice is to apply as early as possible. I'm not too sure how transfers work, but I still think, the earlier, the better. UofP is rapidly becoming a popular school.

When are you guys submitting the supplemental?

Hey everyone,

I am going to the UOP supplemental workshop this week. It should be very helpful. I went to the supplemental workshop last year just to see what it was all about.

Is there anyone interested in carpooling to the workshop from the SF bay area?

The experience was okay, not great. You will see a slideshow presentation of the campus as well as the statistics for the applicants from the previous year. The information is nothing special because you can get most of the info from the website or internet. There is also a live Q&A session afterwards.

Ok, this has not been discussed yet (at least I couldn't find anything in previous threads), but does the school have good residency opportunities? Does the school has any kind of agreement with any hospitals offering residency spots?

What was your experience like? Is it even worth the time flying for it?

I'm glad I went...I definitely came out with more info than I came in with. I flew from Arizona, so not too far, but still had to pay for the flight, rental car, and hotel. Definitely wont be doing that for all the schools I'm applying to!

I started the reapplication process through pharmcas and UOP supplemental again. I'm so confused with the UOP process. I interviewed in January of this year but have been placed on hold to this day. I haven't been waitlisted and when I email UOP they just keep telling me a decision on my file hasn't been made yet. So confusing and frustrating but there is really nothing I can do. They already pulled people off the waitlist too. Anyone ever heard of this happening or is in the same position? I really want to submit my application to hit Tier 1. any advice? Should I wait it out till I get a response from UOP or just submit my app again?

For those of you that are sending a copy of your pharmacy tech license to the admissions office....are you sending a true copy (notarized) or a regular copy?

I started the reapplication process through pharmcas and UOP supplemental again. I'm so confused with the UOP process. I interviewed in January of this year but have been placed on hold to this day. I haven't been waitlisted and when I email UOP they just keep telling me a decision on my file hasn't been made yet. So confusing and frustrating but there is really nothing I can do. They already pulled people off the waitlist too. Anyone ever heard of this happening or is in the same position? I really want to submit my application to hit Tier 1. any advice? Should I wait it out till I get a response from UOP or just submit my app again?

This happened to my friend last year. He said they put him on hold til the end of august, then rejected him. I'm on the low waitlist and I'm applying for Tier 1 just to be safe.

This happened to my friend last year. He said they put him on hold til the end of august, then rejected him. I'm on the low waitlist and I'm applying for Tier 1 just to be safe.

:/ this sucks. Guess I'll just summit it to hit tier 1 deadline. Why would they do that. It's plain cruel.

Ok, this has not been discussed yet (at least I couldn't find anything in previous threads), but does the school have good residency opportunities? Does the school has any kind of agreement with any hospitals offering residency spots?
The school has no agreement with hospitals or anything for residency spots (nor does any other CA school that I've heard about). As far as your chances of landing a residency after graduating from here, they're about average. The percentage of students who applied for and got a residency out of this years graduating class was only slightly lower than the national average of all people applying for residencies.

For those of you that are sending a copy of your pharmacy tech license to the admissions office....are you sending a true copy (notarized) or a regular copy?

Regular copy. They can always check with the pharmacy board online to verify the license if there are any suspicions.

Definitely submit another application soon. Chances are, you will not be getting in this year. Not to dismiss your application, but it's just the odds of the hold this late in the game.

Find out why you were on hold so long, to see if there are any improvements to your application that you could implement for class of 2014.

The school has no agreement with hospitals or anything for residency spots (nor does any other CA school that I've heard about). As far as your chances of landing a residency after graduating from here, they're about average. The percentage of students who applied for and got a residency out of this years graduating class was only slightly lower than the national average of all people applying for residencies.

Ok. I kinda figured but that's still pretty good.

Regular copy. They can always check with the pharmacy board online to verify the license if there are any suspicions.

I am just sending a regular photocopy of it.

Hi guys, as far as "EXTRA CURRICULARS" go, do you know if they are looking for something specifically involving something at our school (like clubs, sororities, etc)? Or could an extra curricular be something that has nothing to do with college? UofP has specific blocks for VOLUNTEER and for EXTRA CURRICULAR activity, and I'm just wondering if I could put some of the stuff I've done on my own time without pay into the extra curricular section, since I have never been able to get involved with clubs due to work conflicts. I just dont want to have that field completely blank :(