University of Illinois C/O 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Out of curiosity, what date is y'all's interview day?

Members don't see this ad.

Ahhh okay, sorry! Yeah, that makes more sense! So, does that mean the last semester of 3rd year on we won’t be taking those exams anymore?
Your last exam is at the end of third quarter of third year. So mid-March-ish.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS interview invite!! Does anyone know what the format is like? I’m nervous about it being on zoom!
They did zoom interviews the past 2 years as well. They've been closed file interviews, and other people commented saying these were a lot shorter than other interviews they had. Dr. Foreman also does a couple of information sessions that day as well over zoom.

Reactions: 2 users
So they aren’t sending us an email till the day of our interviews to tell us the time?

Reactions: 1 users
So they aren’t sending us an email till the day of our interviews to tell us the time?
The past couple years they sent out an e-mail a couple weeks before the interview with the time, as well as a reminder e-mail a few days before.

for those of you who filled out the correct link last night, are you refilling it out? I got an email confirmation that my response was recorded, but also do not want to mess up and miss out on an interview!

I filled out the original email survey, I don't think I'm going to fill out another. Also, for the person asking about interview times, it looks like they will let us know the Friday before the interview (the 10th).

Does anyone have any good resources for answering ethical / vet med “hot topic” questions we might be asked about?

I also saw on the APVMA page a while back that once interview invites for Illinois were sent out, the school mostly decided who will be granted a seat to the upcoming class. Anyone know the legitimacy behind this?

I filled out the original email survey, I don't think I'm going to fill out another. Also, for the person asking about interview times, it looks like they will let us know the Friday before the interview (the 10th).
Wait where did you find that bc my email said Friday the 13th.

Also, I just refilled out the link just in case.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also saw on the APVMA page a while back that once interview invites for Illinois were sent out, the school mostly decided who will be granted a seat to the upcoming class. Anyone know the legitimacy behind this?
On the website is a break down of how decisions are made post interview. At this point, anyone interviewed will either be accepted or wait listed.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
On the website is a break down of how decisions are made post interview. At this point, anyone interviewed will either be accepted or wait listed.
...then I need people to decline the interview so I can be interviewed

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
...then I need people to decline the interview so I can be interviewed
If you did not receive an interview, it's highly unlikely you'll get an invite at this point. The school interviews around 350-400 people, anticipating people declining an acceptance post interview. Not to be a Debbie downer; just don't want you to get your hopes up

• Care
If you did not receive an interview, it's highly unlikely you'll get an invite at this point. The school interviews around 350-400 people, anticipating people declining an acceptance post interview. Not to be a Debbie downer; just don't want you to get your hopes up
I was interview waitlisted

• Care
I was interview waitlisted

I remember that last year the original group that was offered an interview wasn’t enough to fill the class. So they offered interviews to those who had originally been rejected. And several of them were offered seats. So this may be there way of preparing for something like that. They had also increased the number of seats in the class last year, so they maybe have improved stats on how many to interview/accept

Good luck to all of you who made it to interviews and the wait list. Hugs to those of you who didn't! It's hard to get rejected, but you'll find your place!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I was interview waitlisted! Does anyone know when we will hear if we do get an interview or if we get rejected? Sorry I’m just a little confused and feeling a little down! Thank you all in advance

• Care
I was interview waitlisted! Does anyone know when we will hear if we do get an interview or if we get rejected? Sorry I’m just a little confused and feeling a little down! Thank you all in advance
I suggest finding last year's thread to find out. The interview wait list is a relatively new thing since the class of 2020/2021 (I imagine due to the over acceptance for the class of 2020). So there aren't many years to judge how frequently people get pulled off or get info

Also interview waitlisted and feeling saddened by it, but trying to hold out hope that some people out there will decline and we'll get called off.
I imagine we'll be called off as spots open (if they do) but we'll only know if we're rejected February 13th if we don't get an interview.

• Care
I suggest finding last year's thread to find out. The interview wait list is a relatively new thing since the class of 2020/2021 (I imagine due to the over acceptance for the class of 2020). So there aren't many years to judge how frequently people get pulled off or get info
Just looked back at last year's thread so I could throw the info in here for reference. A couple people commented early March that they were offered an interview a few days after Illinois sent out their acceptance/waitlist stuff.

Just looked back at last year's thread so I could throw the info in here for reference. A couple people commented early March that they were offered an interview a few days after Illinois sent out their acceptance/waitlist stuff.
Sounds familiar. They seemed to have become more conservative since class of 2020 being over accepted. So good luck guys either way!

Reactions: 3 users
So I emailed admissions about the second survey thing, and they said "We have your response, if you received a confirmation email. No need to submit another survey." So I'd say if you received one you're all good. If not, then resubmit it.

Got my IS rejection last week. Just sucks because 2 years ago I was interviewed and waitlisted and now they say my GPA isn't good enough even though that and my application overall improved since then.
I’m sorry to hear about your rejection. If you don’t mind me asking, what was your GPA?

IS first time non-trad applicant onto second phase. I am so grateful and feel fortunate to have made it so far. I really had no idea what my chances were given everything I read about how cut throat the first cut off is. Sorry to everyone who didn’t make it.
Congratulations! If you don’t mind me asking, what was your GPA?

OOS denied. I made it past phase 1 GPA cut off but didn’t rank high enough for application review?I don’t understand. I feel bummed as heck.

Trauma dump warning:
How is a ~3.7 GPA not good enough to even be looked at??? I am so much more than a number.

rant over.
Same I was a 3.75 and got the same answer. But got into Colorado so who knows

• Care
Hi everyone! I'm a current c/o 2026 student with a zoo med focus and I'm part of the executive leadership for the Wildlife Medical Clinic, so please reach out with any questions you have about zoo med at UofI! I'm also happy to answer any questions you have about your upcoming interviews, I know they can seem incredibly daunting, but they are very laid-back and you will all do amazing!

Hi everyone! I'm a current c/o 2026 student with a zoo med focus and I'm part of the executive leadership for the Wildlife Medical Clinic, so please reach out with any questions you have about zoo med at UofI! I'm also happy to answer any questions you have about your upcoming interviews, I know they can seem incredibly daunting, but they are very laid-back and you will all do amazing!
This is amazing thanks! I don’t have any specific questions yet but I’m sure I will soon since my interview is coming up and I’m extremely interested and in wildlife/zoo med.

Does anyone know if they will be sending a time for our interview before the 10th (when they sent out the link for the interviews)? Just trying to plan my work schedule around it! TYIA

Does anyone know if they will be sending a time for our interview before the 10th (when they sent out the link for the interviews)? Just trying to plan my work schedule around it! TYIA
Likely not going to be separate days/emails. They need to figure out who is interviewing that was offered one and put them in time slots with an interview team, so it’s most likely easier for them to just send it all at once vs two different times since they need to assign the time and the zoom link for that team at the same time.

I emailed this morning asking this since in the first email they said they would send the link on the 10th and then they said the would send the time on the 13th. They haven’t replied. I have the same problem and it looks like I’m going to have to ask for the entire day off at work

I emailed this morning asking this since in the first email they said they would send the link on the 10th and then they said the would send the time on the 13th. They haven’t replied. I have the same problem and it looks like I’m going to have to ask for the entire day off at work
Okay so I just called, they said the time would be included when we get out the interview zoom link!

Also- does anyone know how much weight the fall transcripts hold as far as admissions are concerned? I’m repeating one of my last pre reqs (organic Chem specifically) from last semester since I didn’t get a great grade in it and I just want to know if it totally tanked my chances after the interview 🥲

Also- does anyone know how much weight the fall transcripts hold as far as admissions are concerned? I’m repeating one of my last pre reqs (organic Chem specifically) from last semester since I didn’t get a great grade in it and I just want to know if it totally tanked my chances after the interview 🥲

Grades are not factored into admissions decisions. As long as you meet their minimum grade they do not care once you make it to the interview stage.

After acceptance to my IS school (whoop!) I just emailed Illinois CVM to decline my interview! Hopefully this allows someone else to have the opportunity to interview!

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know how long interviews are? And how many people they usually interview?

Does anyone know how long interviews are? And how many people they usually interview?
It might be different this year because zoom, but I believe website says 150 IS and 250 OOS for 75 slots IS and 75 slots OOS? Can check website yourself, it says somewhere

Numbers should be on that same link I posted earlier. Interviews are anywhere from 15-30 minutes. Scheduled for max 30 I believe. Quicker doesn’t necessarily mean bad. Mine was about 15 minutes.