University of Illinois C/O 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current 1st year here! Last year we found out in the first week of December about phase 1 and interview emails were sent on Jan 28th. It's a long wait, but it goes fast. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Do they require Fall transcripts to be sent in?
784F39C6-D484-47EA-A0EC-82C8EA80D0DB.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think they have to be official transcripts for fall ‘22? I just sent my unofficial transcripts like I did for MIZZOU and am unsure if I should request for official or if unofficial is enough.
That’s a better question for ASA but it does say official on the checklist so I’d verify with them.

for those of you who have sent your transcripts for Fall 2022 in already, did you just download your official transcript and email it to them with the email they listed?

for those of you who have sent your transcripts for Fall 2022 in already, did you just download your official transcript and email it to them with the email they listed?
I think it may have to come directly from your school to be an official one. I think it’s usually the unofficial version that is available for download.

Usually anything released to the student or from a student is unofficial since the school itself isn’t sending it, which the school sending is essentially guaranteeing that it’s legitimate and has not been tampered with.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay bc that’s what’s confusing me bc it says official transcripts for previous semesters and then just transcripts for summer and fall to that email. So it’s just throwing me off a bit. Maybe I’ll just call

So I’m a little confused. After reading this thread it looks like people have found out if they’ve made it past phase II? I was fortunate to make it past phase I but haven’t heard anything since November..

So I’m a little confused. After reading this thread it looks like people have found out if they’ve made it past phase II? I was fortunate to make it past phase I but haven’t heard anything since November..
I don't think phase 2 emails have been sent out. Historically phase 2 emails aren't sent until January

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Great! Does anyone know when Phase II emails get sent out in January?
I'd say mid to late January. Their website says mid January under the FAQ section, but the last two years it's been towards the end of the month. My e-mails from the last two years are from 1/26 and 1/28.

Interview invite!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also just received an OOS interview invite! Super excited

• Love
OOS interview invite! wasn’t expecting to hear from them until later this month!

• Love
IS interview invite!

• Love
OOS interview invite! Super excited 😆

• Love
IS interview invite! I wasn’t offered an interview last year, so I am anxiously excited! 😁🥳

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS Interview Invite! There’s just one thing that worries me about this school. There’s a google doc on the APVMA FB page called “Factors when picking a vet school” which has pros and cons for each school, and on the cons list for Illinois it says “9 grades for all of vet school, if you do poorly in first year or a few classes throughout the three years, you cannot make up for it”

Could anyone please clear this up for me? Is it accurate?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
OOS Interview Invite! There’s just one thing that worries me about this school. There’s a google doc on the APVMA FB page called “Factors when picking a vet school” which has pros and cons for each school, and on the cons list for Illinois it says “9 grades for all of vet school, if you do poorly in first year or a few classes throughout the three years, you cannot make up for it”

That document is actually originally from SDN :)

@battie @SkiOtter or at @SportPonies can clarify further, but it is accurate that Illinois just has the 9 grades rather than exams throughout each semester for each class.

The core of the Illinois sequence is nine classes. They cover the full material you're learning each year. You also have a clinical block in the first 3 years, which are S/U graded.

says “9 grades for all of vet school, if you do poorly in first year or a few classes throughout the three years, you cannot make up for it”
This is a rather heavy exaggeration and sounds like it was written by someone bitter lol

It’s true there are only 9 GPA points for your entire GPA (one final “grade” for each quarter). HOWEVER, you can still bounce back from a bad grade in a quarter or two.

I did. @battie did. It was stressful, but doable.

If you do poorly enough to fail the year, you do need to repeat the year and you’re only allowed one repeat for your time at illinois.

Reactions: 8 users
I kind of preferred the block exams only because it meant I didn’t have the stress of an exam weekly. I did however have the stress of one exam for all classes every 4 weeks, but that was better for my brain 😂

+1 for a fan of the block exams and 8 week quarters, and i even repeated first year.

Thank you all for the information!!

• Care
IS interview invite!! Does anyone know what the format is like? I’m nervous about it being on zoom!

• Love
  • Care
Also IS invite! Congrats everyone!

• Love
It’s a hard adjustment and it’s scary to have so much riding on only a few exams. But I also felt it gave me a better QOL in school
Okay sorry, I’m still confused. So it is block? Like you do 1 for 8 weeks and test at the end? I guess I don’t understand block schedules. 🤔

Okay sorry, I’m still confused. So it is block? Like you do 1 for 8 weeks and test at the end? I guess I don’t understand block schedules. 🤔
You’ll have a handful of classes (ie, anatomy, physiology, histology, imaging). One large exam at 4 weeks, one large exam at 8 week. Sometimes there is a quiz here and there, but not commonly (primarily just first year)

Your cumulative score after those 8 weeks for all the subjects is your “grade” for the quarter. Of which you’ll get 9 of during your time in school

Did that make any more sense? I know it’s an unusual format

You’ll have a handful of classes (ie, anatomy, physiology, histology, imaging). One large exam at 4 weeks, one large exam at 8 week. Sometimes there is a quiz here and there, but not commonly (primarily just first year)

Your cumulative score after those 8 weeks for all the subjects is your “grade” for the quarter. Of which you’ll get 9 of during your time in school

Did that make any more sense? I know it’s an unusual format
Ahhh okay, sorry! Yeah, that makes more sense! So, does that mean the last semester of 3rd year on we won’t be taking those exams anymore?

Reactions: 1 user