University of Arizona C/O 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MMI Interview Hold.
Wondering if they’re sending out invites this week. Or do we have to wait to January?

Sometimes I feel like I’m just grasping at straws for a sliver of hope.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MMI Interview Hold.
Wondering if they’re sending out invites this week. Or do we have to wait to January?

My friend got sent an invite yesterday. I don’t know if they’re going to send more during this week until their closed on the 22nd.

My friend got sent an invite yesterday. I don’t know if they’re going to send more during this week until their closed on the 22nd.
I received this email this morning as someone who has been “under review” since 11/22, but not sure if everyone else received it as well.

“As we close out 2023, we want to take the opportunity to share information about your application and a timeline.

The College of Veterinary Medicine Office of Admissions will be closed from December 22, 2023, to January 02, 2024. During this time, we will not be checking, answering, or returning emails and phone calls. The campus will also be closed in Oro Valley. You will not be able to tour the Oro Valley campus during this timeframe as we are a closed campus.

In January, you will be notified if you have moved on to an MMI invite. As of today’s date, we have 95 more MMI invites to send. We review supplemental applications weekly for MMI invites. We will continue to send MMI invites until all MMI dates have been filled. Our next round of MMI invites will occur the week of January 04, 2024. We expect all MMI dates will be filled by the end of January 2024. At this time, no one has been denied from our program that has completed a supplemental assessment.”

Frustrating that I’ve been “in review” since November and can’t expect to hear back until January. I don’t feel it takes that long to review and I’ve seen others go from review to hold or interview invite in a matter of days 😖 It’s just the unknown that’s killing me. Last year I went from “in review” on 11/17 to “invite hold” on 11/20.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Super nervous that there are only 94 spots for an interview left but I’m just in MMI invite Hold 🥲. Does anyone know if transferring in from another DVM school is possible here? This is where I want to go. 🥲

Reactions: 5 users
I received this email this morning as someone who has been “under review” since 11/22, but not sure if everyone else received it as well.

“As we close out 2023, we want to take the opportunity to share information about your application and a timeline.

The College of Veterinary Medicine Office of Admissions will be closed from December 22, 2023, to January 02, 2024. During this time, we will not be checking, answering, or returning emails and phone calls. The campus will also be closed in Oro Valley. You will not be able to tour the Oro Valley campus during this timeframe as we are a closed campus.

In January, you will be notified if you have moved on to an MMI invite. As of today’s date, we have 95 more MMI invites to send. We review supplemental applications weekly for MMI invites. We will continue to send MMI invites until all MMI dates have been filled. Our next round of MMI invites will occur the week of January 04, 2024. We expect all MMI dates will be filled by the end of January 2024. At this time, no one has been denied from our program that has completed a supplemental assessment.”

Frustrating that I’ve been “in review” since November and can’t expect to hear back until January. I don’t feel it takes that long to review and I’ve seen others go from review to hold or interview invite in a matter of days 😖 It’s just the unknown that’s killing me. Last year I went from “in review” on 11/17 to “invite hold” on 11/20.
Yea my friend who I was talking about was in review since 9/13 and it’s been super frustrating. This is a school we both wanted to get into together and having me get an acceptance but her still not hear anything was making us so discouraged but it finally happened! So don’t give up everyone because an invite can pop up so randomly.

I just received my MMI invite today! Supplemental on 11/7 and MMI hold only for one day! The email about it came after they sent out the other one about being closed for the holiday this next week!

Reactions: 1 users
93 now 😂
I didn't hear back last year until January 19 and got one of the last interview spots then. So do not lose hope just yet that you will not hear back. There is still time and 93 spots is still almost 1/3 of the number of interviews they send out. That's 23-25 invites sent per week in January. So you all still have time :) do not count yourself out until you get the rejection. Also some times they send an invite and that person doesn't take it, so then it goes to another person. There are plenty of ways to get a chance!

Reactions: 3 users
MMI Interview Hold.

I feel this to my core! I thought this cycle would go so much better than last but so far that’s not the case 😔

Reactions: 1 user
I just received my MMI invite today! Supplemental on 11/7 and MMI hold only for one day! The email about it came after they sent out the other one about being closed for the holiday this next week!
I got the email about the holiday closure but haven’t been getting emails for updates, I’ve just been having to check the portal. I don’t want to miss something by accident!

Ya, I’m not really sure how this process is working but all we can hope is for the best 😅🤷‍♀️

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. Happy New Year!

I’m confused about my status. Am I on hold? But first paragraph indicates I’m being considered. Or is it just same thing ?!
Thanks
IMG_8407.jpeg

I kind of wish they’d just send denials so id know if I actually have a shot at an interview or not 🥲 I know they moved everyone to hold that took a supplemental and there’s so many people that were already stuck in hold 🥲

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know of a Facebook or GroupMe to meet those that have already finalized their decision on attending UAZ? Would love to start meeting the class. :)

Reactions: 3 users
I kind of wish they’d just send denials so id know if I actually have a shot at an interview or not 🥲 I know they moved everyone to hold that took a supplemental and there’s so many people that were already stuck in hold 🥲
Denials have started being sent out and will continue to be sent until all MMI seats are filled. If you have not gotten a denial. You are still being considered.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know of a Facebook or GroupMe to meet those that have already finalized their decision on attending UAZ? Would love to start meeting the class. :)
The GroupMe link will be posted in the new student website. That will open mid-January. In March you will get the link to all students Facebook group from Student Government.

Reactions: 2 users
No rejection yet but the blurb about my app being in review for an MMI disappeared 🤔

No rejection yet but the blurb about my app being in review for an MMI disappeared 🤔
Just checked mine and I still have this hold message. No rejection, no invite

Just to clarify I meant the bolded paragraph about the app still being in review each week that was above the “MMI Invite Hold” with the date, I do still have the latter part

mine disappeared yesterday and got rejection today
Oh hey good to know. Yeah I figure it’s probably imminent

Last edited:
OOS rejection - just got an email, no change on the portal!

Just to clarify I meant the bolded paragraph about the app still being in review each week that was above the “MMI Invite Hold” with the date, I do still have the latter part

Mine just disappeared too.

So if the message is missing can we anticipate that it’s a rejection?

So if the message is missing can we anticipate that it’s a rejection?
Only one person has mentioned having it happen in correlation with a rejection so far, so it’s not a certain thing. My tentative theory is that it could mean they’ve reached a decision one way or another but hard to say

Only one person has mentioned having it happen in correlation with a rejection so far, so it’s not a certain thing. My tentative theory is that it could mean they’ve reached a decision one way or another but hard to say
Holding my breath till I know. 🤢

Has anyone gotten anything about /heard of people getting an interview yet today? They said the next round of invitations would be sent out today (1/4) but it doesn’t seem anyone’s gotten an invite, just rejections.

Has anyone gotten anything about /heard of people getting an interview yet today? They said the next round of invitations would be sent out today (1/4) but it doesn’t seem anyone’s gotten an invite, just rejections.
Nothing on my end. No update.

If you’re referring to the email they sent out, I think they said it was the week of 1/4- so maybe tomorrow?

Just got the rejection email OOS, it’s been fun speculating with y’all. Good luck to everyone still in the game!

• Care
Just got the rejection email as well after my blurb disappeared yesterday good luck to the rest of yall!

OOS Rejection - For anyone curious, my blurb never disappeared 🤷‍♀️

Kind of unfortunate that so many schools aren’t doing individual file reviews this year

I’m so sorry to those who’ve been rejected this cycle— best of luck with your remaining apps! I was wondering if your rejection shows up in your portal or if you just received an email?

I’m so sorry to those who’ve been rejected this cycle— best of luck with your remaining apps! I was wondering if your rejection shows up in your portal or if you just received an email?
It was just an email for me, no portal update

Do you refer to this paragraph? I don’t remember if there was something else because my paragraph is not bolded.

Attachments

• IMG_8444.jpeg
    IMG_8444.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 138