Midwestern University c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Midwestern just emailed me and offered me a transfer application into another program 😭😭 like what I hate that
It's a dumb automatic email that gets sent to I think literally everyone applying to any of their programs. I got the same thing when I applied to Midwestern the first year I applied 😂 Just disregard it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just gave up my spot! Excited for whoever will get it!

Just gave up my spot! Excited for whoever will get it!
Hey can you tell me how to give up my spot at Midwestern? I am ready to accept a position somewhere else but for the life of me cannot figure out how to turn down Midwestern's offer

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey can you tell me how to give up my spot at Midwestern? I am ready to accept a position somewhere else but for the life of me cannot figure out how to turn down Midwestern's offer
I think you just have to email admissions

Thanks to everyone declining their spots! Hoping it means I’ll hear from them soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks to everyone declining their spots! Hoping it means I’ll hear from them soon.
Same here. I was placed on the alternative list in December and I’m really hoping to be moved off of it

Have you called to get any updates yet.?
Not yet but I want to since I haven’t heard anything since my interview on 11/30. Hoping that isn’t a bad sign since others have gotten placed as alternates already. Hoping that doesn’t mean that they’re not accepting more.

Not yet but I want to since I haven’t heard anything since my interview on 11/30. Hoping that isn’t a bad sign since others have gotten placed as alternates already. Hoping that doesn’t mean that they’re not accepting more.
Maybe you can give them a call tomorrow to see when the committee is to meet next, I’ve already called twice and the guy has remembered me lol so I don’t want to overdo it.

Maybe you can give them a call tomorrow to see when the committee is to meet next, I’ve already called twice and the guy has remembered me lol so I don’t want to overdo it.
I’m in the same position as you are 😂

Members don't see this ad :)
i have my interview next week so i’m really curious how long after that i’ll hear back!

I'm dropping my seat. Hope it goes to someone who needs it. I'm dropping mainly due to the cost of tuition 🥲 Midwestern is my top choice for its early hands on emphasis, but I just can't afford it.

Reactions: 2 users
Just tried calling to see when I should expect to hear by and the lady who answered had no idea 🙃. She did say her computer wasn’t working though and to try again tomorrow morning because they she might be able to look it up.

Any tips for interview? Mine is coming up next week and I don’t know what to expect!

I'm dropping my seat. Hope it goes to someone who needs it. I'm dropping mainly due to the cost of tuition 🥲 Midwestern is my top choice for its early hands on emphasis, but I just can't afford it.
Thank you for letting us know. I hope they contact me soon

Just tried calling to see when I should expect to hear by and the lady who answered had no idea 🙃. She did say her computer wasn’t working though and to try again tomorrow morning because they she might be able to look it up.
This is crazy 😩

This is crazy 😩
I know 😫. Everyone who interviewed before me heard back in like 3 weeks and in my interview they said I’d probably hear before the holidays. Definitely losing hope.

I know 😫. Everyone who interviewed before me heard back in like 3 weeks and in my interview they said I’d probably hear before the holidays. Definitely losing hope.
Same here smh

But being that multiple people from our day haven’t heard back I’m going to chalk it up to holidays and lack of committee meetings from our panels I guess. Just wish I had a concrete date to know one way or the other

Just spoke to the admissions department and apparently the last interview day is on Feb 1st and then anyone who hasn’t heard back should hear back shortly after that.

Just spoke to the admissions department and apparently the last interview day is on Feb 1st and then anyone who hasn’t heard back should hear back shortly after that.
Did they say when the committee is meeting next?

Can't tell if this is a good or worrisome sign for those with interviews next Wednesday

Can't tell if this is a good or worrisome sign for those with interviews next Wednesday
Doesn’t really mean anything for people who haven’t interviewed yet. Just that they are the last group of interviews and then should hear back soon afterwards. Idk how I feel though since I interviewed in November and they said they originally weren’t going to have a group interview in February but they decided to last minute. So idk if that means they didn’t have enough people they wanted to accept in our group or something but hopefully it just means they still have a lot of open spots.

did they ask any questions such as “why midwestern” or “why do u want to be a vet” during the interview ?

did they ask any questions such as “why midwestern” or “why do u want to be a vet” during the interview ?
I’ve literally been sitting here for hours trying to come up with the best way to answer “why do you want to be a vet” without giving my entire life story

Good luck to everyone interviewing today!! 🍀

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Can someone please call to find out when the committee is meeting up?

is anyone still on interview waitlist?? I’m kinda feeling like it’s a rejection

is anyone still on interview waitlist?? I’m kinda feeling like it’s a rejection

Yes I am, I haven’t heard otherwise but I’m sure a rejection is coming once all the interviews are done.

• Care
I don’t think we know that. All I know is that interviews are done and we should all hear “soon”.

I don’t think we know that. All I know is that interviews are done and we should all hear “soon”.

Well that doesn’t sound promising for interview waitlist people

• Care
Is anyone else still finishing up their prereqs ?

Really thought we’d hear from them this week 😫

i called them and the admissions office didn’t have a date scheduled for the committee review :(