Midwestern University c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you get that email ? Like how long after you was accepted ? Was there any other info on it ?
I got accepted in December and got the email in February. The email said that there was a visit day on March 10th and listed a schedule for it and to register to respond to the email.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted in December and got the email in February. The email said that there was a visit day on March 10th and listed a schedule for it and to register to respond to the email.
Oh okay thanks I didn’t get that email so just was curious

Alternate list :) Got an email overnight, I interviewed 2/1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also OOS alternate (interviewed 11/30 too). This is my 5th waitlist 🙄. Very grateful for one US acceptance though so I know I am definitely going to vet school! Just frustrating to have this waiting game continue all summer too.

Also OOS alternate (interviewed 11/30 too). This is my 5th waitlist 🙄. Very grateful for one US acceptance though so I know I am definitely going to vet school! Just frustrating to have this waiting game continue all summer too.
I wonder what took them so long to get around to our interview day. Where else were you accepted to.?

Also OOS alternate (interviewed 11/30 too). This is my 5th waitlist . Very grateful for one US acceptance though so I know I am definitely going to vet school! Just frustrating to have this waiting game continue all summer too.
Yeah, I'm curious why our date took so ridiculously long to hear something back. I was accepted to my IS, so thankfully the waiting game is over for me. Wishing you luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if midwestern sends out rejections at all? Or does everyone that doesn’t get accepted just end up on the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know of like an accelerated program that’s accepted I have 4 science electives to finish that I thought I did

Does anyone know of like an accelerated program that’s accepted I have 4 science electives to finish that I thought I did
Check out Southern California university of health sciences, I am taking their online accelerated 5 week courses! It’s not the cheapest but I was desperate.

Check out Southern California university of health sciences, I am taking their online accelerated 5 week courses! It’s not the cheapest but I was desperate.
Thanks so much , what classes are you taking ?

So just looked and it looks like their next wave isn’t until March 20-4/23 and the deadline is 4/17 so that wouldn’t work 😩
The deadline for transcripts?? I was told just by the end of spring semester. In person classes don’t even end yet.

The deadline for transcripts?? I was told just by the end of spring semester. In person classes don’t even end yet.
Yea the prerequisites are due by matriculation deadline which is 4/17

I have emailed with admissions with the end dates of the courses and they didn’t say anything to me, just that they would add it to my file.

I have emailed with admissions with the end dates of the courses and they didn’t say anything to me, just that they would add it to my file.
Well hopefully that is the case because when I asked today I was told no extensions. Also when are your end dates ?

Biochem and Ochem 1 March 19, Ochem 2 April 23
Okay maybe I’ll double check tomorrow because if that’s the case I can do the 4/23 one but then it would still take a day or 2 for the transcripts to get there so idk

Okay maybe I’ll double check tomorrow because if that’s the case I can do the 4/23 one but then it would still take a day or 2 for the transcripts to get there so idk
Also my original plan had me finishing ochem 2 in the beginning of may and they gave me an interview off that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also my original plan had me finishing ochem 2 in the beginning of may and they gave me an interview off that 🤷🏻‍♀️
Well that would be more feasible and less stressful cuz I’m dying of stress now smh
Which email did you reach out to ? I’ve been talking to Ms. Bery the admissions counselor

Are you sure this is the correct information? In the matriculation agreement document, there is a paragraph discussing about the final transcript submission, which is the deadline of 2 weeks prior to the first day fo the class, and that means we will have time to submit the transcript instead of 4/17. 4/17 is the date that you have to officially accept or decline your seat. I am in the spring semester now and there is no way that I will have my final transcript by 4/17.
Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 20.04.17.png

Well that would be more feasible and less stressful cuz I’m dying of stress now smh
Which email did you reach out to ? I’ve been talking to Ms. Bery the admissions counselor
I’ve been speaking with a senior admissions counselor. I looked back at me email and I didn’t even say specifically end of April, I said by the end of spring semester and she didn’t say anything was wrong with that.

All she said was that the information was added to my file and that I should feel free to send her the unofficial transcripts when they are complete.

Are you sure this is the correct information? In the matriculation agreement document, there is a paragraph discussing about the final transcript submission, which is the deadline of 2 weeks prior to the first day fo the class, and that means we will have time to submit the transcript instead of 4/17. 4/17 is the date that you have to officially accept or decline your seat. I am in the spring semester now and there is no way that I will have my final transcript by 4/17.
View attachment 366944
This is what I’m referring my info from

Attachments

• 3A36EE55-9B2E-4805-AE2D-1BCAFEE8B337.jpeg
    3A36EE55-9B2E-4805-AE2D-1BCAFEE8B337.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 64
Unless I’m reading it wrong ?
4/17 is the deadline for your matriculation agreement with the program, including paying the deposit to secure your seat. There is an agreement document for you to read and sign on your portal. If you don't pay and sign the matriculation agreement by 4/17, you will be considered discarding your acceptance. There are more detailed information and instructions in the document to remind you what you are going to do AFTER you pay the deposit and agree with their policy on 4/17, which includes the transcript submission that I had the screenshot with earlier. That being said, you can take that 5-week class to fulfill the prerequisites requirement and submit your final transcript 2 weeks prior to the first class starting in Fall.

4/17 is the deadline for your matriculation agreement with the program, including paying the deposit to secure your seat. There is an agreement document for you to read and sign on your portal. If you don't pay and sign the matriculation agreement by 4/17, you will be considered discarding your acceptance. There are more detailed information and instructions in the document to remind you what you are going to do AFTER you pay the deposit and agree with their policy on 4/17, which includes the transcript submission that I had the screenshot with earlier. That being said, you can take that 5-week class to fulfill the prerequisites requirement and submit your final transcript 2 weeks prior to the first class starting in Fall.
I understand what you’re saying but what I took away from the email snippet that I provided is that prereqs are to be completed prior to signing the matriculation agreement which is due 4/17. Sorry just confused and worried

I understand what you’re saying but what I took away from the email snippet that I provided is that prereqs are to be completed prior to signing the matriculation agreement which is due 4/17. Sorry just confused and worried
Your email snippet says prior to matriculation which should mean date of starting classes not due date to accept your offer. The matriculation agreement is an agreement to matriculate, not necessarily matriculation itself.

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder what took them so long to get around to our interview day. Where else were you accepted to.?
Yeah it was super frustrating that it took so long since people that interviewed before me heard within 3 weeks, but I guess it was just that the committee had a really long break before meeting again after their November meeting. I’m accepted at Ross and Long Island, and I’ll be accepting Long Island most likely while still waiting to hear from all of my waitlists and will possibly forfeit my deposit if I get in somewhere else. I like Long Island because it’s near a lot of my family and I love NYC but it’s such a new school so I’m a bit hesitant plus I prefer living in warmer places.

Yeah it was super frustrating that it took so long since people that interviewed before me heard within 3 weeks, but I guess it was just that the committee had a really long break before meeting again after their November meeting. I’m accepted at Ross and Long Island, and I’ll be accepting Long Island most likely while still waiting to hear from all of my waitlists and will possibly forfeit my deposit if I get in somewhere else. I like Long Island because it’s near a lot of my family and I love NYC but it’s such a new school so I’m a bit hesitant plus I prefer living in warmer places.
Yea one heck of a break lol. And I see well I’m glad you have options.!

has anyone gotten accepted off the alternate list yet?
When I spoke with admissions they had mentioned that several applicants were accepted last year from the alternative list. Hopefully there will be several spots this year too

Has anyone asked how many people are on the alternate list? Are they allowed to tell us?

for the alternate students, there is about 80 people on the alternate list

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! Hoping it moves a lot. Do you know if we will ever get to find out our rank?
i don’t believe it is ranked, they will look at all the alternate people as a whole if spots become available