Midwestern University c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Struggling because midwestern is one of my top choices but I’m waitlisted so I don’t want to visit and get attached if I don’t get in, but if I happen to get in idk how I’ll decide within 72 hours without visiting. Currently planning on accepting my offer at LIU where I have a lot of family but idk where I’d prefer if I get in to both.

Struggling because midwestern is one of my top choices but I’m waitlisted so I don’t want to visit and get attached if I don’t get in, but if I happen to get in idk how I’ll decide within 72 hours without visiting. Currently planning on accepting my offer at LIU where I have a lot of family but idk where I’d prefer if I get in to both.
My top has always been western.. when I got into midwestern (which I didn’t think would happen) it kind of changed my perspective bc I genuinely thing its a great school… but my entire life and significant other is in LA. So I’m stuck rn- because I really do love the school but I don’t know if I have the capacity to leave right now when I have the option to stay…. I’m 40% mid western and 60% western rn so it’s likely I will give up my seat to attend western instead, but I want to make sure I’m making the best decision so I will be checking out the campus before I do anything… You may very well get off of the waitlist and regret not going to preview. I think you would be best off knowing all of your options even if you were waitlisted. That could change overnight. Especially bc I’m leaning more towards giving my seat up at mid western.

Reactions: 1 user
My top has always been western.. when I got into midwestern (which I didn’t think would happen) it kind of changed my perspective bc I genuinely thing its a great school… but my entire life and significant other is in LA. So I’m stuck rn- because I really do love the school but I don’t know if I have the capacity to leave right now when I have the option to stay…. I’m 40% mid western and 60% western rn so it’s likely I will give up my seat to attend western instead, but I want to make sure I’m making the best decision so I will be checking out the campus before I do anything… You may very well get off of the waitlist and regret not going to preview. I think you would be best off knowing all of your options even if you were waitlisted. That could change overnight. Especially bc I’m leaning more towards giving my seat up at mid western.
Thanks for the info! Good luck to you as you make your choice too. Selfishly hoping you choose Western (I’m waitlisted there too but wouldn’t go over LIU anyway) but obviously do what’s best for you. Idk if alternates can go to preview day and unfortunately I live in SC so probs not possible anyway. Would love info from anyone who goes though!

Hey how’d accepted students day go.? Any good info to share ?

Reactions: 1 users
Awesome ! What were some of your key takeaways?

Huge teaching hospital for companion and large animals, hands-on teaching style as soon as first year’s start, the teaching staff is very attentive if you’re struggling in class(es) according to another current vet. student who was giving us all a regular on-campus tour, and just overall kind/welcoming to the future vet. students that visited today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Huge teaching hospital for companion and large animals, hands-on teaching style as soon as first year’s start, the teaching staff is very attentive if you’re struggling in class(es) according to another current vet. student who was giving us all a regular on-campus tour, and just overall kind/welcoming to the future vet. students that visited today.
Very good ! Thanks so much for sharing.!

I really hope I’m accepted from the alternative list. Midwestern is my dream school

I think midwestern is an amazing school- but I am not ready to relocate from LA 🥹 I just gave up my seat to attend my IS School. Good luck to who ever it goes to- midwestern has an incredible program. ❤️

Reactions: 4 users
Just committed 2 days ago. I’m excited to attend this fall! Looking forward to it

Reactions: 2 users
I think midwestern is an amazing school- but I am not ready to relocate from LA 🥹 I just gave up my seat to attend my IS School. Good luck to who ever it goes to- midwestern has an incredible program. ❤️
I sincerely hope that i get a call soon. Midwestern is my dream school.

Has anyone on the alternate list heard anything recently? I know I should be waiting until after decision day realistically.

Has anyone on the alternate list heard anything recently? I know I should be waiting until after decision day realistically.
I haven’t heard anything but I wish I did. I hate not knowing where my application is within the alternative list of 80 applicants

I declined my seat just now, so I hope someone receives amazing news soon!

I just submitted the form turning down my seat so I hope someone gets a phone call soon!

Well I officially declined my seat today. MWU was my first choice but life had other plans for me I guess. Good luck to everyone who will be attending and anyone waiting for a seat!

I was accepted to another school that ended up being more affordable and closer to home :)
That’s understandable. Congratulations on getting into a school closer to your home

Just declined my OOS seat due to cost/distance from home - good luck to everyone on the waitlists!❤️

Just declined my OOS seat due to cost/distance from home - good luck to everyone on the waitlists!❤️
Wishing you the absolute best! Hopefully the alternative list will begin moving soon.

I’ll decline my seat and give up deposit. Good luck to everyone who is on the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
First time, OOS applicant. Since they have a rolling admissions policy, I thought I'd start a thread. Good luck, everyone!
Hope it went well! I received my acceptance call in September. I am planning on attending unless I get a seat at U of A

Just declined my seat due to being accepted elsewhere closer to my hometown. I wish all your dreams come true, to those on the alternate list!

Did anyone who took the 5 week accelerated courses through scu have any success? Like were they really hard ?