>>>>UMDNJ-SOM Class of 2010!!!!<<<<

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
KalicoKat said:
OMM when you reset, was that where you had to fax a pic id and other sorts of info? That's what I just had to do...

I didn't have to do that, but I was already able to access the portal, so I was able to reset my pw via the portal using the process I referred to several posts ago. I hope you get access soon, if you haven't already. You haven't missed much, but it'll be good to have e-mail access for when we do need it!

Members don't see this ad.

hey to avoid sending all that stuff into ist I had to use the default password that i spoke of before. When I did that it automatically had me set a new password, which i did. For some reason that was just for portal though, but when i reset that password like you guys said it reset all my passwords including my email one so its all good now. It's so weird that I basically had to reset it twice, but oh well. Thanks!

Does anyone reading this thread live at Timber Ridge? If so, how much do utilities cost (on average? in the coldest/warmest months?). Are the places well-insulated and are the windows tightly sealed? Every apt I've rented in CA has had very leaky windows (one place had a breeze in my room when it was windy!).

How do you like living at Timber Ridge? Is it worth paying a bit more than at Echelon Glen for a 2-bdrm? I'm not able to visit apts before signing on the dotted line, so I really appreciate your input!

I talked to Elaine(?) in the office and she seemed incredibly nice and helpful. I can't say I've felt that at every management office I've called.

Members don't see this ad :)
Timber Ridge? Now ANOTHER potential apartment complex??? Can someone just TELL me where to live! haha!

flick2010 said:
Timber Ridge? Now ANOTHER potential apartment complex??? Can someone just TELL me where to live! haha!

me, 3! right now its b/t stonington and echelon glen 4 me cuz i'm getting tired of taking time off from work 2 drive around 2 look at apts. paula suggested that alot of students also live in pine hill gardens b/c its spacious and cheap, but alas no pets :(. stonington (5 min from som) on laurel road has 1 bdrms slightly smaller than echelon glen but larger than the village 1 bdrms. 665/mo 4 1 bdrm and 715/mo for 1 bdrm with a small den to the side (extra 71 sq ft). extra storage closet in both 1 and 2 bdrms. laundry is 1.25/load unless u get a 2 bdrm townhouse, they have w/d in the unit. area seemed safe but i went during the day. i liked echelon glen but unless i get a roomie, i think it'll b diff 2 pay 4 a 1 bdrm just from stafford loans (just like in grad school, i'm going 2 b paying off the interest that accrues on my unsub loans so that they don't grow 2 big so i need 2 save at least $100/mo). they allow umdnj'er 2 give just a 150 security dep instead of 1 month's rent. $35 app fee.

visited chalet gardens in pine hill (10 min drive 2 som w/o traffic) cuz other students live there. the rooms r fairly ample but i got a weird vibe since so many apts were vacant (dunno why the leasing agent told me this), the quietest place i've visited so far 4 obvious reasons. they give $50 off a month 4 umdnj'ers who sign a yr lease. 1 bdrms were 720-750/mo (only diff is whether u get upgraded apt or not) and they had an extra utility room with large full-sized washer and dryer. area seemed a little isolated esp if u come home alone late at night. $25 app 4 umdnj'ers.

also visited chadwick village (5 min from som w/o traffic) on laurel road (they also manage laurel hill on chews landing where the rooms r smaller and they don't have a model 2 show). bdrm was large but rest of apt was kinda old. 1 bdrm 1st floor 649/mo and 1 bdrm upper floor 669/mo. no w/d in unit. near laurel road and chews landing intersection so near an active area so doesn't seem like it would b isolated at night. no student discounts.

ok, so you guys have gotten a somewhat skewed view of where we all live. echelon glenn/village area does have a lot of students, but i think a disproportionate number of people who post on here happen to live there. i would say stonington has the largest number of SOM students, followed by echelon glenn and timber ridge.

timber ridge is also a very nice place to live. many students live there. timber ridge is condo style town houses. basically for around the same price as echelon glen, you're getting a two-story unit. the downstairs contains a living room, washroom, full kitchen, and laundry facilities, and the upstairs contains the bedrooms and a full bathroom. the units are quite nice. the utilities in timber ridge are a little bit more expensive than some of the other apartments, since you're paying for heating or a/c for a larger unit.

ornis is moving to timber ridge. timber ridge has doubles and triples and they have a outdoor pool there too, but no gym like echelon glen.

You also pay for water at Timber Ridge.

just curious...who did everyone go for their stafford loans lender? the default for som is medloans administered by sallie mae. i did some calculations and it looks like unless u pay off in <5 yrs, that the 3.3% off after 33 on-time payments 4 medloans isn't better than the 1.3% monthly credit that t.h.e. gives so right now i'm leaning 2ward t.h.e. (total higher education) since it will take me >5 yrs 2 pay off my loans - i still have 4k in ug loans and 24k in grad loans in addition 2 our medical school ones. i know that both medloans and t.h.e. both also do residency/relocation loans as well. i've heard that t.h.e. staff isn't as customer friendly but if i'm paying less in the end, i guess i could deal a not so snazzy website or staff issues.

the finaid office told me that they are making the awards official in the next 2-3 weeks, so if i wanted 2 change my lender from medloans 2 t.h.e., that i had 2 write them a letter stating so w/in this time frame (soon, the next couple of weeks). anyone have any comments on medloans vs t.h.e.? i know its been done 2 death on the finaid 4rum but just wondering what other umdnj'ers thought.

I don't know if there is still availability, but a lot of students live at the Landings. You all still looking for places may want to look there too. You can look at previous posts about what I've said about the apartments I looked at when I was looking for apts.

:hungover:elete:

Last edited:
I personally live at timber ridge with two roommates since first year and it was great. I live with a guy and girl and share a bathroom with a girl so its not that bad. The average ultilites in the winter for electricity and water are 250 and 24 respectively. However the summer months the water stays the same but the electricity (and gas) drops down to 80. If your wondering at how safe it is, I will say that (knock on wood) no student from timber ridgge has had their apartment broken in yet. The other places I know had break ins. Timber ridge is also where they pre salt the parking lot and do a pretty good job on plowing. Also rent is 1050 a month there (for 3 people) and its the cheapest out of all of them. You'll like this cost considering everyone else will be broke near the ned of the year.

I hope this helps.

Hey everyone,

i know this is a little off topic. but first, just wanted to say Hiii to everyone before starting next month. I didn't get to meet too many people on Accepted Students Day but i'm really looking forward to meeting everyone during Orientation week.

I can't remember if someone answered this already, but I was wondering if someone could answer this for me. Are lectures recorded? I was going to purchase a digital voice recorder, and was wondering if any of the current students had any recommendations..i found a lot of them to be by Olympus..so if anyone can give any feedback it would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much!!

dreamz912 said:
Hey everyone,
i know this is a little off topic. but first, just wanted to say Hiii to everyone before starting next month. I didn't get to meet too many people on Accepted Students Day but i'm really looking forward to meeting everyone during Orientation week.

I can't remember if someone answered this already, but I was wondering if someone could answer this for me. Are lectures recorded? I was going to purchase a digital voice recorder, and was wondering if any of the current students had any recommendations..i found a lot of them to be by Olympus..so if anyone can give any feedback it would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much!!

hi dreamz912 :) .i dunno what the upperclassmen will say but the tour guide at my interview said that her class recorded the lectures (i can't remember if she was a 1st or 2nd yr) but no video and if i remember correctly, they didn't have a scribe service 2 transcribe them - u just had the audio that u could access. i think that this is an issue decided upon 2gether as a class (?) is also what she said.

Members don't see this ad :)
the alchemist said:
hi dreamz912 :) .i dunno what the upperclassmen will say but the tour guide at my interview said that her class recorded the lectures (i can't remember if she was a 1st or 2nd yr) but no video and if i remember correctly, they didn't have a scribe service 2 transcribe them - u just had the audio that u could access. i think that this is an issue decided upon 2gether as a class (?) is also what she said.

That's what I remember being told. I think last year the 1st years didn't have a scribe service but the class before them did.

csox84 said:
That's what I remember being told. I think last year the 1st years didn't have a scribe service but the class before them did.

We (2009) decided not to do scribes because someone in our class got the lectures recorded and posted online. You can choose to do scribes but if your class chooses to record the lectures there is really no point. We recorded them with our laptops and a direct mic feed.

Congrats to everyone accepted to the class of 2010! I'm hoping to be a part of the class of 2011, so I have a quick question...

For at least the first 2 years, is a 45min (35mi) commute to SOM too far?

Thanks

tatajess said:
Congrats to everyone accepted to the class of 2010! I'm hoping to be a part of the class of 2011, so I have a quick question...

For at least the first 2 years, is a 45min (35mi) commute to SOM too far?

Thanks

You could theoretically do it and still get good grades. I know I waste way more than an hour and a half every day. On the other hand, that is valuable time that could be spent studying, shadowing, or living your life. Only do it if its absolutely neccesary.

I have to agree with Kevbot. Heck You can drive 2 hrs everyday and be fine, I wouldn't actually worry too much about that. Anyone who wants to do well can do well. Anyone that made it this far has the potential plus some. The question you need to ask yourself is why am I driving that far and is the reason worth it. If it’s to live with a spouse or a significant other it is probably worth it to you. If it’s just to save a few hundred off rent a month it might not be worth it at all. Take into account wear and tear on your car, additional gas, etc. Also don't forget about rush hour. If it will take you 45 minutes to get to class during rush hour that’s not too bad. However, if that 45 minute drive is on weekends or in the middle of the day, you may want to try the trip when you'd actually be going to classes. You could potentially be doubling that time especially when there are traffic jams etc (depending where you are coming from). Good luck and do what feels right for you.

thanks kevbot and scorcher...u both gave me some things to think about. now all i have to do is get accepted to umdnj-som! :)

Hey, all! I thought it was about time to say "hello" to my fellow 2010ers. I'm so excited for August...less than a month to go! :scared: Just curious, did anyone receive an orientation schedule yet? I'm guessing they'll send it soon. Also, we can't start using the YMCA gym until we get our IDs during orientation, right? I'd love to start establishing a workout routine while I'm still well rested and motivated! :)

Nope no orientation schedule yet. Even when we do get one there will probably be a lot more going on behind the scenes. I have a feeling we will find most of it out when orientation begins. Someone fill me in the the YMCA thing? Do students get a discount at a YMCA gym or are you talking about UMDNJ-SOM's gym? I'm prob just going to pay the $85 a year for UMDNJ's because im lazy, but what does YMCA's year membership for UMDNJ-SOM students cost? Oh and how do we go about getting parking passes? Do you think its ok if we wait until orientation to do that?

Scorcher31 said:
Nope no orientation schedule yet. Even when we do get one there will probably be a lot more going on behind the scenes. I have a feeling we will find most of it out when orientation begins. Someone fill me in the the YMCA thing? Do students get a discount at a YMCA gym or are you talking about UMDNJ-SOM's gym? I'm prob just going to pay the $85 a year for UMDNJ's because im lazy, but what does YMCA's year membership for UMDNJ-SOM students cost? Oh and how do we go about getting parking passes? Do you think its ok if we wait until orientation to do that?

the transit office told me that incoming students will take care of getting parking handtags when we get our picture ids during o-week. i think that umdnj students can use the gym at the closest YMCA for free (?) or a discount as a student. SOM's gym is the one at the school but since its not that large, many students go 2 the Y. i didn't realize we needed 2 pay $85 2 use the SOM gym? did u guys send back ur "big" (sib) questionnaires yet?

As far as I know SOM students can use the nearest YMCA (5 min away on Burnt Mill Road) for free. I think you have to pay a small membership to use the gym at the school. (YMCA sounds better to me because there's no pool at the school) :p

Can anyone tell me who can access the my portal and/or email if there has been any important emails sent out? If so, what were they?

Oh my geez, I am having the worst luck with my.umdnj. I've called the technical people so many times, they reset my password, I try it and still can't get in. They told me that they have no idea what's going on...that usually by the first reset things should work. :(

I'm going to try the tech people again on Wednesday. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved and I can log-in soon.

No...I haven't filled in the big siblings paperwork. But looking at it definitely made me excited. hehe. I haven't received the orientation schedule either. I've checked online and the upcoming school calendar is also not up and running yet. I guess soon enough we'll know.

KalicoKat said:
Can anyone tell me who can access the my portal and/or email if there has been any important emails sent out? If so, what were they?

Oh my geez, I am having the worst luck with my.umdnj. I've called the technical people so many times, they reset my password, I try it and still can't get in. They told me that they have no idea what's going on...that usually by the first reset things should work. :(

I'm going to try the tech people again on Wednesday. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved and I can log-in soon.

No...I haven't filled in the big siblings paperwork. But looking at it definitely made me excited. hehe. I haven't received the orientation schedule either. I've checked online and the upcoming school calendar is also not up and running yet. I guess soon enough we'll know.

no real important emails yet. they sent sth about renewing parking handtags but when i called up, they said incoming students take care of that during o-week when we get our pic ids (in the same office). mostly, they send a weekly link 2 a umndj newsletter w/ articles about the school's achievements, etc. u can join the various newsgroups on myumdnj (class of 2010, 2009, etc) including clubs (click the arrow next 2 the SOM folder) 4 certain specialties (pm&r, ortho, cardio, peds, etc). no orientation schedule here either. probably in the next couple of weeks we'll get alot of mailings :). i hope u get ur email and myumdnj stuff worked out on wed.

ok, so i think i decided on vorhees. is echelon the only complex there?

there's also the village at voorhees

flick2010 said:
ok, so i think i decided on vorhees. is echelon the only complex there?

echelon glen and the village r basically right next 2 each other, on either side of echelon/somerdale road leading 2 the echelon mall. echelon glen's rooms are slightly larger and cheaper than the village but the village has a small stackable half load washer/dryer in each unit. echelon glen will give 1 months rent off if u tell them u r a student while the village only waives ur $45 app fee. at echelon glen, u gotta pay gas and electric. burnt mill apartments is on burnt mill road - i think that's part of voorhees (maybe) or right next 2 it - didn't check it out so i can't comment.

i decided on lindenwold cuz i couldn't make the numbers work in voorhees 4 a 1 bdrm with my expenses (cats, paying off interest on unsub loans while in school, etc) but i do know that other ppl did make it work and live alone. i ended up applying 4 a 1 bdrm with den at stonington (only pay electric and still more than $100 less than echelon glen's 1 bdrm deal right now). good luck with the apt and italy in the world cup!

yeh i also decided on voorhees. i checked at a bunch of apartment complexes in the area and liked echelon glenn the best (although i didn't check out burnt mill apts?)

like alchemist said, the village and echelon are literally right next to each other. i also was deciding between the village and echelon. while the village does have a washer/dryer combo in the apt itself, the downside with the apt. is that it has electric heat and is a tiny bit more expensive. with echelon the washer/dryers on the 2nd floor of each complex, but like someone said the apts are a bit bigger than the rooms at the village and it also runs on gas heat which is a big plus for me. the deal with the one month's rent off is that they'll take for instance 11 monthly payments and divide it pay 12. so that instead of having one month totally payment free you will be paying a little less each month. really either apt complex is nice, it's just in the little things that they are different.

YMCA - free to all students, pool, racquetball courts, cardio, free weights, machines, basketball courts

gym at school is nice if you want to spend a lot of time at the school or don't live in voorhees (basically a driving distance issue).

You guys will most likely be able to mp3 all lectures. Some people in my class lived off of scribes, I did it and really didn't find it that helpful as I just don't learn from written prose, outline format works best for me.

Listening to the mp3s on your commute may be helpful or if you miss a class you'll have the mp3 plus the powerpoint - basically like being at class.

J

wooohooo! i got into email. after 3 resets, i'm finally in. ha, i'm so glad that the little things give me such enjoyment. :D

flick2010 said:
i'm going to be making a drive down to check out those two apartments in vorhees either tomorrow or thursday. and just an update for everyone, ITALY will be advancing to the championship round!!! :D

Ralph B.
Villanova University '05
http://www.myspace.com/rbflick120
http://groups.myspace.com/umdnjsom2010

yeah, and i'm betting italy will play france...though i thought germany would beat italy (no offense). the germans must b heartbroken, after all, its on their turf and maybe they were hoping they'd win like the french did when the WC was in france. i'd also advise just checking out as many places as u can when u come down so that u can compare and don't 4get 2 ask 4 student discounts cuz alot of them do give sth 2 umdnj'ers!

dude, since the red devils won't b doing it, i hope italy takes it all! :D

i'm heading to campus tomorrow morning around 9am. should be there by 1030am. everyone'll recognize my car by the italian flags painted on either side. ;) i'm going to check out the village and echelon when i get there. if anyone wants to grab a bite to eat, leave me a cell number and we can meet up. also, if anyone else knows any places i should DEFINATELY check out, let me know. for now, off to bed!

Ralph B.
Villanova University '05

flick2010 said:
i'm heading to campus tomorrow morning around 9am. should be there by 1030am. everyone'll recognize my car by the italian flags painted on either side. ;) i'm going to check out the village and echelon when i get there. if anyone wants to grab a bite to eat, leave me a cell number and we can meet up. also, if anyone else knows any places i should DEFINATELY check out, let me know. for now, off to bed!

Ralph B.
Villanova University '05

u def will stick out cuz we do not pimp our rides with flags of diff countries down here :D. as i predicted, france will play italy, that should b interesting, esp since the germans hate the french and the WC is in germany after all.

check out places in lindenwold near the school side (not 2 far away though) where other students live - kingsrow on chews landing (i didn't like the layout but u might), timber ridge on west park off of chews landing (only if u wanna have a roommate cuz they're 2 bdrm townhomes), stonington is at 1800 laurel road (just past chews landings and opposite direction from school as voorhees, but the same 5 min drive). chadwick village is on laurel road and past chews landing right b4 stonington. if u keep going past lindenwold, u'll hit pine hill and the blackwood-clementon area (lakeview is here) - a little far and a little isolated 4 me but maybe not 4 u. stay away from the pines, woodmere, i heard landings had some fires as well. someone else in our class had suggested brookview manor (i never checked it out cuz they require cats 2 b declawed) in stratford. if u need the apartment list, there's one under files under the SOM 2010 newsgroup on myumdnj as well as on the SOM website somewhere or u could stop by school and pick up a copy from paula's secretary, jennifer schevlin. good luck! i'd meet up with all of u but i work in philly during the day (unless i go into work late cuz the boss is on vacation :) )

flick2010 said:
everyone'll recognize my car by the italian flags painted on either side. ;)

Haha - very cool! I plan on painting my face with the Italian flag & sporting all the "France sucks" gear I can dig up. Forza Italia!

Vedo che avete studiato l'italiano all’universita…magari possiamo parlare qualche volta!

Tangoinatiara said:
Haha - very cool! I plan on painting my face with the Italian flag & sporting all the "France sucks" gear I can dig up. Forza Italia!

Vedo che avete studiato l'italiano all’universita…magari possiamo parlare qualche volta!

certo!!! i miei sono dalla calabria. io, invece, sono nato qui negli stati uniti. l'inglese di mio padre non 'e tanto bene, quindi ci parliamo speso in italiano. speriamo di incontrarci!!!

and about the apartment situation... i drove down to stratford today. got caught in STAND STILL traffic on the jersey turnpike. damn overturned tractor trailer closed off the southern end of the highway. i had to take 195W to 295S. anyway. i ended up checking out echelon first. i LOVE it. the only thing that's discouraging is that you have to pay for gas and electric. is the same true at the village? other than that, nice area, etc. i drove over to cherry hill and saw a few from the outside. each runs over $1000/month. can someone just convince me to put in a deposit at echelon so i can get this over with????

Ralph B.
Villanova University '05

:rolleyes: Does anyone know if there is an intramural soccer league????????

Please tell me that there is one...

hey tones, glad to hear you play soccer. a bunch of people somewhat regularly get together to play pickup games. there are leagues within the area also including an indoor place that has leagues. there's definitely enough interest to start an actual intramural league.

oh and its official, we're having a world cup party and bbq on sunday in echelon glen. if you're around, please feel free to come out, should be a lot of fun. pm me for details,

flick2010 said:
is the same true at the village?[/url]

I'm at the Village, and we pay electric - but no gas.

Hope that helps! =)

Tangoinatiara said:
I'm at the Village, and we pay electric - but no gas.

Hope that helps! =)

What is the rent for a one bedroom?

It's all relative in the Village. No, there's no gas, but your electric bills will be extremely high through the winter no matter what you do. So the utilities between the Village and Echelon are basically a wash. You do get your own washer/dryer in the Village, but that's really the only difference. Same location, basically same quality and price range. You'll be surrounded by classmates in either community.

As for intramural soccer...as PE mentioned, there is strong interest in soccer in our school, though I'm not sure we have the numbers to form an actual league. Nonetheless, we do try and organize various games from time to time...soccer, basketball, football, softball. You'll get emails about it whenever we have something in mind, and you can obviously email us if you're trying to put something together as well.

I got caught in that Turnpike traffic yesterday too...I hate driving on that road during the Summer.

flick2010 said:
What is the rent for a one bedroom?

They start at $825, but we got an "upgrade" model for $895 instead. The complex itself is REALLY nice - 2 pools, 2 fitness centers (one is 24-hours, the other is open until 11), 2 tennis courts, commons area with Fax/Internet/Copy access, BBQs, jogging trail, etc.

It's a tad pricey, but having a W/D in each unit is worth it, and everything is electric and not gas. Plus, you have Target and everything right next door.

Haha, they should be paying me for this pitch!

Pics: http://www.4wallsinnj.com/camdenco/villagevoorhees/villagevoorheespics.htm

Hey all,

I recently got in off the waitlist. Now, I have to race to figure things out before school starts, and I am working. I was wondering if any females are looking for a roommate. I am a 23 yr.old female (tomorrow) from NY. It will be hard for me to look at places b/w now and when we have to be there by the end of the month. If anyone has not figured out their housing situation yet, please let me know. My email is [email protected]. I look forward to meeting you all. I appreciate any help and/or advice.

Melissa

apricot0708 said:
Hey all,

I recently got in off the waitlist. Now, I have to race to figure things out before school starts, and I am working. I was wondering if any females are looking for a roommate. I am a 23 yr.old female (tomorrow) from NY. It will be hard for me to look at places b/w now and when we have to be there by the end of the month. If anyone has not figured out their housing situation yet, please let me know. My email is [email protected]. I look forward to meeting you all. I appreciate any help and/or advice.

Melissa

congrats and welcome. i'm still looking as well. had applied 4 a 1 bdrm at stonington but got the 411 from jaynine (thx gf) and also got a look at the list of number of police calls 4 each apt complex in lindenwold and am rethinking moving 2 echelon glen - glad i didn't hand in the non-ref dep at stonington.

the 2 complexes in voorhees (the village and echelon glen, which r literally on each side of the same road and next 2 each other and 5 min drive w/o traffic from school) r good choices if u're willing 2 budget since they r a little on the expensive side if u wanna live alone. with a roommate, they're actually reasonably priced (around $1000/mo 4 a 2 bdrm). alot of umdnj'ers live in either the village or echelon glen so u wouldn't b isolated in either one. i would find a roommate but i have 2 cats and am alot older than everyone else and been there, done that, with the drinking and partying scene (though this doesn't mean that i don't drink or party, just not like during college and grad school) so i might not b as fun 4 20 sths as a roommate so i've been looking 4 1 bdrms, and in the past, the majority of my roommates have been dudes - haven't seen any other non-trads on sdn yet so i'm gonna assume that i'll b 1 of the oldest in the incoming class. if u need some help, pls ask, i'll help whichever way i can since i live in the area and went 2 HS here as well (way back when). c u on july 30th. :) and oh, happy bday!

finally the saga of the apt search is over and i committed 2 a 1 bdrm at echelon glen 2day 2 move in anywhere b/t 8/9th to 8/12th - little more expensive than i originally wanted but safety and good management come first. and the parentals decided 2 kick in some dough (if i end up in trouble) after they heard that stonington had over 500 calls 2 the police last year. thx again jaynine 4 the heads up about their mgmt issues!

4 those still considering echelon glen (ralphie, u know u want 2 ;) , hope italy wins 2morrow), there r only 2 x 1 bdrms left at the discount $795/mo (unless more open up), #145-1 (ground floor, ready 7/21st) and #223-2 (ground floor, ready 8/8th). i think #125-7 was also open but costs more (2nd floor, $865?). i think the security deposit (market/orig rent) on all of these is $915. these r all in brick bldgs (bradford I style) b/t kirkbride and echelon roads.

there's a lakeside apt #247-5 (2nd floor, 8/11th) that should come out 2 about $820/mo with the umdnj student discount (1 month free). security dep on the lakeside apt is $895. this apt is in a wood bldg w/ bradford I style as well, off of van buren road and lucas lane.

so if any of u r thinking of echelon glen, seems the apts r going fast (though who knows, more may open up) - just thought i'd give u all a heads up.

flick2010 said:
you better not have taken the apartment i wanted!!!!!!! :mad:

Ralph B.
Villanova University '05

uh, oh...ralphie's mad..which apt was that :rolleyes: ? sono così spiacente. i prob didn't take ur apt cuz i got one on the lakeside (not one of the discounted ones with the 795/mo deal - very few of those r left and they say those hardly open up, but i did get the umdnj student discount of 1 month off). its about $21 more a month on the lakeside but the parking sit doesn't seem as cramped and i met some cool neighbors in my bldg - one is starting his cardiology residency at cooper and went 2 rwjms and the other guy is what we affectionately refer 2 as an 'egg' and took time 2 talk 2 me even though he was on his way 2 his wedding in cape may - if u don't know, an egg is white on the outside, yellow on the inside (being from near fort rhee u should understand what this means)...hope u get the apt u want :) and that we'll b neighbors soon. just make sure 2 decide soon cuz i know that another sdn person sent a check in and by the time it got 2 the rental office, the apt was already taken.