UGA c/o 2021 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I put small animal, but I'm also interested in research

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm zoo/ wildlife. I know it's a very selective field, but a lot of my personal statement was about my experience working in a zoo. I just love it so much, I can't not try.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I chose large animal in the supplemental application. I was torn between that and research. My background largely involves large animals but I'm interested in research as well so I talked about both in my personal statement.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think they expect most students to stick with what they said on their application. I'd imagine once we get a taste for everything many may change their minds?

I met a current first year at a local brewery this weekend. She applied twice. Didn't get in her first try, got in her second try. Her references were not called either time. So don't stress if yours haven't been contacted! It may not necessarily mean anything bad.
She made me feel better!

Reactions: 6 users
Oh, I specified I wanted to do pathology. The majority of my PS also talked about my experience working in a necropsy laboratory and how that really confirmed that vet med was right for me. I also really like shelter medicine, but did not have any experience at the time I applied. And I think derm is super cool too.

Reactions: 2 users
I said small although I have much large animal experience as well research, I talked about all of it in my PS but realistically I see myself doing more small than anything

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wonder if they're still going to do calls this year for the top 10%?

Guys(and gals) I need to know I'm going bananas.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can confirm.

On the plus side, the email said they are planning to release decisions by the 15th. I agree with others that it will probably be this Friday, but worst case scenario we should not have to wait an additional full week! We're almost there!

1425037337-0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
One of my references just got called! No guarantee but it's a good sign

Just arrived to class and my professor who wrote me a letter told me that she received a UGA phonecall yesterday... We're sooo close!!!

One of my references just let me know they spoke to UGA today too. They've been doing reference calls for a while now. Hopefully they're almost done!

Anyone else have a test this week they're having trouble studying for because of stress about Friday?

Anyone else have a test this week they're having trouble studying for because of stress about Friday?
I'm supposed to be studying for physics 2, which I hate anyways, and this is making it virtually impossible to care.

Pretty grateful that I graduated in December so I don't have to worry about tests right now during all this stress lol.

I have 4 tests this week, 2 down and 2 to go. I'm sorta glad cause it helps keep my mind off of Friday but it's still distracting.

I'm getting married in July so wedding planning has been keeping me distracted

I've had 3 lab reports, a presentation, 2 papers, 2 exams, and a complete lack of sleep to distract me this week... Somehow this Friday is still all that I can think about :confused:

Just spoke with one of my references who is a faculty member here at the vet school and he said the ad com is meeting all day today to make decisions...............

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks @Wyatt'sAunt0903 - Friday is looking better and better as the likely day! Thinking good thoughts for everyone today :).

Just spoke with one of my references who is a faculty member here at the vet school and he said the ad com is meeting all day today to make decisions...............

Oh lord, this is making me even more nervous that none of my references have said anything! :nailbiting: At least it will be over soon!

I have no idea :/ I'm just so anxious. My references have been called 3 years in a row and I'm still not in so...nothing means anything really

Have you ever met with Parker to talk about what you should improve? People that do that apparently almost always get in the next year!

Anyone waiting for other schools decisions? UGA is the last one for me

Yea waiting on Ohio and UGA

Anyone waiting for other schools decisions? UGA is the last one for me

I only applied to UGA! Halfway wishing I'd applied to more so I could spread my anxiousness out among other schools, but I would not have accepted an offer from anywhere else so I'm at peace with the decision.

I'm also waiting on Oklahoma State.

Waiting for Tufts and TAMU :(

Same! Waiting for Ohio and VMRCVM. At this point I just want good or bad news just to get this whole process over with, lol.

Only applied to UGA, and since I work here I can't exactly distract myself from it haha just ready for it to end!

Only applied to UGA, and since I work here I can't exactly distract myself from it haha just ready for it to end!
Which dept? I used to work in the diagnostic lab.

I only applied to uga as well. I was accepted to western university 2 cycles ago but decided not to go because of financial reasons.

Waiting on UTK, UGA, and UF. I already heard from Oregon St. :)

If you are wait-listed do they tell you where you stand on the list? Also, historically how many get pulled from the wait-list (I cannot imagine it is many)?

If you are wait-listed do they tell you where you stand on the list? Also, historically how many get pulled from the wait-list (I cannot imagine it is many)?

I think they do because I read on an older thread that someone mentioned what number they were. As far as how many on the wait list matriculate I think the numbers will be very different for IS vs OOS.