UGA C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i’m losing it omg

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I almost wish rejections got emailed first and then acceptances got called because I'm freaking out 😭

Between this and Mississippi I think I just need to turn my phone off

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
do yall know how many OOS they typically take? also fr another phone call decision today?

do yall know how many OOS they typically take? also fr another phone call decision today?
I have written down they accept 19 OOS, not sure where I found that or what the truth to it is though so take it with a grain of salt haha

Reactions: 2 users
I have written down they accept 19 OOS, not sure where I found that or what the truth to it is though so take it with a grain of salt haha
Not guaranteeing accuracy....but between VIN and UGA's website the seat breakdown looks like: 2 Delaware seats, 29 South Carolina seats, 100 Georgia seats, and 19 OOS seats.

No one else has heard anything about admissions?

I didn’t know how competitive UGA was when I applied sooooo now I’m regretting it. Nothing to do but wait now though 😂😂

literally just put me out of my misery, I’m not feeling great about this

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did you decline ur seat being that you got into your IS school?

my family and i are actually highly considering uga now bc i was offered the presidential waiver (ie receiving in-state tuition all four years). and uga’s in-state tuition is way less than that of my in-state 🧎‍♂️

• Love
I didn’t know how competitive UGA was when I applied sooooo now I’m regretting it. Nothing to do but wait now though 😂😂
Same lol I had like 75% of the application done when I found out and was like welp too late to back out now

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
my family and i are actually highly considering uga now bc i was offered the presidential waiver (ie receiving in-state tuition all four years). and uga’s in-state tuition is way less than that of my in-state 🧎‍♂️
Congratulations!!!!

• Care
Congrats!! :) Maybe you got an early call for that! Also much cheaper to live in Georgia than out west so that's another plus for you and your fam should you choose UGA!

• Care
In years past...at least back for class of 2022, they did call a handful of the top OOS candidates. But for class of 2022 they called in December and the rest of the applicants found out in February.

Okay over/under odds for 4 EST? :rofl:

• Haha
  • Love
What were your stats if you don't mine my asking? Were your recs called?

yes, one of my recs was called yesterday!

i dont have my laptop on me atm, but i will reply back saturday with my stats! good luck everyone :,)❤️

• Care
I’m so glad I have work in 20min so I have something to do other than refreshing my email and then SDN and then my email and then SDN

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!! :) Maybe you got an early call for that! Also much cheaper to live in Georgia than out west so that's another plus for you and your fam should you choose UGA!
ty!!! yea i lived in GA for my undergrad and couldn’t believe the COL difference compared to CA man 😭

Can’t handle this anymore. I already have LSU as an option, but UGA is my first choice I really hope the decisions are today, can’t repeat this nerve wrecking game again tmrw

Maybe tomorrow for the rest of us? This wait is brutal

Yeah it's always been very tough for OOS. The increased class size from 114 to 150 mainly increased the IS seats (80 to 100) and the SC contract seats (mid teens maybe 17?? to 29). Delaware contract seats stayed at 2 and OOS increased by the remaining few available seats.

Best of luck to you!

Wonder if they'll expand OOS seats in a couple years and get rid of their South Carolina contract since Clemson will open their DVM program

Last edited:
Wonder if they'll expand OOS years in a couple years and get rid of their South Carolina contract since Clemson will open their DVM program
Very likely since SC won’t be willing to pay the tuition difference for those seats

I suspect since there have been some tragic things happening on campus today he will wait till next week

• Care
I suspect since there have been some tragic things happening on campus today he will wait till next week
Yes I just saw this, so scary as I have gone hiking on those trails many times...Hoping we will hear some news tomorrow!

Managed to stay off of SDN all day until now, will try again tomorrow! Lol

• Care
UGA classes are gonna be cancelled tomorrow so idk how that affects faculty and staff.

UGA campus is shut down until Monday. We likely won’t hear anything until next week

What’s going on? What happened?
2 students have unexpectedly passed in the the past 24 hours, one of which is currently being investigated for foul play that occurred on university grounds. As someone who applied here, I know how hard it is to wait for such an important decision, but also as a current undergrad here please give us and the faculty grace to try to process the events that occurred recently as they were awful and unexpected losses :(

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Sending lots of love for the UGA undergrads who might have been watching this page today

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
2 students have unexpectedly passed in the the past 24 hours, one of which is currently being investigated for foul play that occurred on university grounds. As someone who applied here, I know how hard it is to wait for such an important decision, but also as a current undergrad here please give us and the faculty grace to try to process the events that occurred recently as they were awful and unexpected losses :(
Sending thoughts and prayers to all of you. As a UGA grad I know how close-knit the Athens community is ❤️

• Care
Hi all, I wonder if you guys are thinking the same way. Yesterday all of us were worried about the decision and waiting for that email until we heard with what was going on at UGA. Today, I really don’t care about the decision anymore after we all knew with what happened. I really thought that I was worried about a meaningless thing. This shows how life is short and sometimes a decision could be meaningless. I think we are all dealing with something that has to do with someone’s life over a random decision. Goodluck to you all sending my prayers to UGA community and to the family

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
Hi all, I wonder if you guys are thinking the same way. Yesterday all of us were worried about the decision and waiting for that email until we heard with what was going on at UGA. Today, I really don’t care about the decision anymore after we all knew with what happened. I really thought that I was worried about a meaningless thing. This shows how life is short and sometimes a decision could be meaningless. I think we are all dealing with something that has to do with someone’s life over a random decision. Goodluck to you all sending my prayers to UGA community and to the family
I agree. I didn’t even obsess over this forum like I used to today because of the news yesterday. Sending my love and condolences ❤️

Someone on a Facebook group I’m in talked to Parker and he said decisions were planned for yesterday or Monday. So I’m thinking Monday may be the day!

Someone on a Facebook group I’m in talked to Parker and he said decisions were planned for yesterday or Monday. So I’m thinking Monday may be the day!
Part of me feels like someone should just email him and ask for a solid date. The undergrads at uga have had an extremely anxiety inducing week and this waiting game and never knowing is just adding more anxiety. I do have a lot of respect if they planned to release it yesterday and pushed it back, it was definitely the right choice

I saw that as well! Hoping for Monday, but I completely understand if they decide to push it a few days

• Care
This campaign is to help make UGA a safer campus if anyone would like to sign!

Wishing the best for everyone here, I know this is a stressful time for all of us. Try to focus on the things in life that you can control and honoring the moment as much as you can. Your path will be revealed in time. <3

• Care