UGA c/o 2021 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Once you get pulled from the waitlist, they said you have 3 days to decide! He said it normally doesn't take that long though.

Thank you!! Freaking out a little bit though. I don't want to get pulled off too soon. I don't have time to see the school until May (unless I plan an impromptu trip for next week) ahhhhhhhh Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Once you get pulled from the waitlist, they said you have 3 days to decide! He said it normally doesn't take that long though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you!! Freaking out a little bit though. I don't want to get pulled off too soon. I don't have time to see the school until May (unless I plan an impromptu trip for next week) ahhhhhhhh Lol

Reactions: 1 user

I say make a trip!! Athens is amazing, but I am biased because I went to undergrad there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was on IS wait-list and received a phonecall this morning offering me admission! So the IS wait-list has moved, but I cannot tell you by how much

Reactions: 1 users
I was on IS wait-list and received a phonecall this morning offering me admission! So the IS wait-list has moved, but I cannot tell you by how much

Congrats!! Thank you for the update! Will you be accepting your spot?

I was called Tuesday! I'm OOS and was told I was #2 on the waitlist. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to visit UGA so it's kind of hard to make a decision. I was admitted into 3 other vet schools, but I also am planning on deferring a year and my deferment has been accepted at two of the schools (waiting on the third). From what I've heard, I think I'd really love UGA but I doubt they will allow a second-round admit to defer :(

Current c/o 2021 got an email today letting us know that the class is not full yet - they wanted to let us know that they are not going to start sending us class-specific stuff until they are done offering spots and have created the listserv for the class. Just wanted to share for those still waiting to hear about waitlist movement!

Reactions: 2 users
I recieved my acceptance call today! :D

Reactions: 8 users
giphy.gif

I'm incredibly excited!!

Does anyone know how far down they have moved on the OOS waitlist?

Just FYI - UGA received 1600 applications this cycle, so it was incredibly competitive. I expect there to be even more for c/o 2022.

@Great Butts I'm super interested if they will share the exact number at orientation. I built out this excel sheet during the application process (I'm a data person and this kind of thing is cathartic for me) and my formula estimated 1652 applicants for c/o 2021, lol.

upload_2017-5-9_12-25-25.png

Reactions: 2 users
@Great Butts I'm super interested if they will share the exact number at orientation. I built out this excel sheet during the application process (I'm a data person and this kind of thing is cathartic for me) and my formula estimated 1652 applicants for c/o 2021, lol.

View attachment 218687
omg you truly are my Beyonce @Awapi pls don't think I'm creepy but I can't wait to meet you at orientation lol

Parker said it was 1601, exactly, so you are very close.

Where did you get the 2019 and 2020 numbers? They're not online

@Great Butts lol - I'm excited to meet you as well!

I got both years from posts in page 3 of this thread - someone found the 2019 numbers on an archived site from the teaching hospital which had a breakdown and then someone else shared that their letter from last year (c/o 2020) referenced 1400 applicants total (no breakdown of IS/OOS). So the 2019 is "verified", but the 2020 is somewhat anecdotal. However, based on all the other calculations, I bet it's not far off from what we'll see when it's released.

@Great Butts lol - I'm excited to meet you as well!

I got both years from posts in page 3 of this thread - someone found the 2019 numbers on an archived site from the teaching hospital which had a breakdown and then someone else shared that their letter from last year (c/o 2020) referenced 1400 applicants total (no breakdown of IS/OOS). So the 2019 is "verified", but the 2020 is somewhat anecdotal. However, based on all the other calculations, I bet it's not far off from what we'll see when it's released.
Interesting that they didn't share that number in the decision letter this year!

There were 114 seats total for 2021, 80 IS, 17 OOS, and 17 SC. The Delware contract seats are no longer available due to some stateside decisions on Delaware's part.

Do you know if UGA sends out acceptances for the number of seats they have exactly? Or do they overaccept in anticipation of declined seats?

@Great Butts It will be interesting to see the breakdown of applicants from the 1600 (IS vs OOS). In the past, while overall numbers have increased an average of about 18% per year, it has been almost entirely OOS applicants, some recent years actually show a drop in the number of IS applicants. Of course, I would expect OOS apps to be the majority of the increase, but in a more proportional way that would include some increase in IS as well. For example: c/o 2018 and 2019 both had fewer IS applicants than the year before while OOS applicants increased >20%, bringing the total applicant number up about 18% over the year prior. 2018 and 2019 are the two most recent years with published breakdowns, so I'd be interested to know if that "trend" (two points don't really make a trend, haha) held. If so, that would mean that only about 225-250 of the 1600 for c/o 2021 were IS. There's not enough data available to draw any sort of conclusion by any means, but I did think it was interesting.

As an aside: 2015 is on my sheet, but I excluded it in any analysis because they stopped requiring the Biology GRE for the c/o 2016 cycle which would obviously have a major impact on OOS applications (>77% increase in OOS apps between 2015-2016).

I'm not sure if they over-accept or not! I have heard somewhere in a previous thread that they do not, but I can't remember the source :).

Reactions: 1 users
@Awapi
That data really is interesting! Does make sense, considering that overall applications have been increasing these past several cycles to schools all across the country. That's actually the reason why TAMU doesn't include their application on VMCAS - they don't want to sift through nearly 2000 applications with a majority of them being OOS since they only have 10 OOS seats. Even CSU received over 2000 applications this cycle, which is crazy to think about. I honestly wonder how the next cycle will go. With such a large yearly increase in applicants, I foresee plenty of reshaping and restructuring in how schools do applications.

Parker did mention to me that UGA is definitely thinking about implementing MMIs.

Last edited: