UGA c/o 2021 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else fax their alternate forms? I emailed him asking for a confirmation that he received it yesterday, but have not received a response. I know he's probably swamped with emails, but I wanted to know if anyone else had heard from him?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else fax their alternate forms? I emailed him asking for a confirmation that he received it yesterday, but have not received a response. I know he's probably swamped with emails, but I wanted to know if anyone else had heard from him?
I faxed mine but didn't send a follow up email

Reactions: 1 user
Any word on a facebook page for those accepted?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I've been wondering this too - I think I heard admissions had created them for previous classes so I was going to wait it out a little longer since I know they are really busy right now (but I'm itching to connect with people!).

I searched UGA CVM Class of 2021 and found a group but it's a closed group and Parker and some other person are the only 2 members. I requested to join but have not been accepted yet.

I don't see why we can't make our own?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Your stats are Better than mine. I got in last year on my second attempt. I would definitely advise meeting with Parker for your application review, but like someone already said, they will tell you to get large animal experience (was the case for me). If you haven't already, rack up some volunteer hours somewhere (Parker told me literally anywhere is Good, but I volunteered at pet smart for Athens humane society adoption days). And the last piece of advice that I think helped get me in is to make sure you have a strong personal statement. That is your one and only chance to show yourself off because they don't do interviews at UGA.
I know it sucks but just do everything you can to strengthen your application and try again!
If you have any questions you can PM me too. Good luck!

Do you just contact the school directly and ask for an application review? I think that will be much more beneficial than the workshop... don't you?

This is wayyyy late, but accepted! Anyone have any ideas about housing in Athens?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you just contact the school directly and ask for an application review? I think that will be much more beneficial than the workshop... don't you?

It should say on your letter when you can begin contacting them for file reviews. Usually in May. Just email Parker. He can do them via email too if you are not close to Athens

They are no longer doing individual file reviews which kind of stinks...

Is there anyway to access your application if you didn't save it at the time UGA posted it with their calculated GPAs?

Parker will email you and tell you when you can sign up for the meeting with him. I'm not sure what the workshop is to be honest, so the application review is really important in my opinion.
EDIT: just saw on here that they're not doing this anymore. I still think doing the things I listed are a good start if you haven't done them already

Does anyone know how much the OOS waitlist normally moves or how many are waitlisted total?

Does anyone know how many are usually on the IS waitlist?

Does anyone know how many are usually on the IS waitlist?
It looks like last year only about two people got called off the IS waitlist. I think it varies from year to year, but I am not sure. Hoping and praying it moves!!
Also not sure how many people are on it, I can't imagine it be more than 5-10, but I guess we will see when we get our ranking number in April!

Last edited:

Last edited:
Hey guys! Has anyone found and updated fees and tuition estimate that includes living expenses, books, etc? I can only find an updated tuition or an out of date estimate with living expenses. To apply for loans I need to know what Georgia estimates the full cost including living and books and such. Maybe they will have it Friday, but figured I would ask! Thanks and can't wait to meet everyone!

Does anybody know how UGA goes about handling alternates? Like do they inform alternates of spots before the April deadline or will you not hear anything at all until after that date?

Does anybody know how UGA goes about handling alternates? Like do they inform alternates of spots before the April deadline or will you not hear anything at all until after that date?
In years past people have been pulled off a few days before April 15 but most are after.

Yeah I agree with Florida_Future_DVM, I think it depends if you are on the IS or OOS waitlist. In the past years it seems that alternates on the OOS waitlist get called before the April 15th date, where the alternates on the IS (if they even get called off which seems unlikely because only two got called off last year) will hear after the deadline. I believe we get our position on the waitlist after the April 15th date!

To anyone that has been accepted and is going: Are any of y'all struggling with apartment hunting? I'm looking at 1br apartments and they either don't allow pets or don't have a washer/dryer unit

Hi @Balesofhay ! I ended up going a different route, but was looking into 1 bedrooms and got some input from current students who are in them. I was told to keep an eye on the housing list that was posted in our facebook group and also that several of them found theirs in June/July because a lot of the places only require 60 day notice for vacating (so people who had signed Aug-Aug leases, did not give notice of moving out until June/July so the management had not been aware that the space would be open until then). I was told that some management groups were good about allowing you to go on a "waitlist" earlier in the spring to be notified if they received notices in June for people who would be moving out and other management companies didn't care because they knew the spots would be easy to fill.

I know a few of them are in the townhome/condo developments on Barnett Shoals Rd and do have pets if you haven't already checked with those places to see if they have a reservation/waitlist option.

Last edited:
Hi @Balesofhay ! I ended up going a different route, but was looking into 1 bedrooms and got some input from current students who are in them. I was told to keep an eye on the housing list that was posted in our facebook group and also that several of them found theirs in June/July because a lot of the places only require 60 day notice for vacating (so people who had signed Aug-Aug leases, did not give notice of moving out until June/July so the management had not been aware that the space would be open until then). I was told that some management groups were good about allowing you to go on a "waitlist" earlier in the spring to be notified if they received notices in June for people who would be moving out and other management companies didn't care because they knew the spots would be easy to fill.

I know a few of them are in the townhome/condo developments on Barnett Shoals Rd and do have pets if you haven't already checked with those places to see if they have a reservation/waitlist option.
Awesome thanks!! I can't use the vet fb groups sadly because I'm going into a masters program there. I fouund an apartment I really like and I am on the waitlist for that place now. It's the 60 day notice like you mentioned. I'll look into the places on Barnett Shoals for sure

I know a girl who just got an acceptance letter today, I'm fairly certain she's IS so things are moving on the wait list

I know a girl who just got an acceptance letter today, I'm fairly certain she's IS so things are moving on the wait list

Thank you for the update! Was it over email? and so we don't receive a phone call if we get called off the waitlist then?

Last edited:
Thank you for the update! Was it over email? and so we don't receive a phone call if we get called off the waitlist then?

Sorry I'm just seeing this. It looked like it was mailed but she very well could have just printed her email

Has anyone called to find out their place on the waitlist?

I was impatient so I called earlier today, but I am sure the admissions office is very busy today. Lol

I was impatient so I called earlier today, but I am sure the admissions office is very busy today. Lol

Haha I was too!! I emailed Parker and he said that we can email him tomorrow morning and they will let us know our position.

Reactions: 1 users
So, for all my waitlisted comrades, I gave Parker a call this morning to take myself off the waitlist and he ended up convincing me to stay on. He said that the At-Large class of 17 students has not been filled yet and that he's actually making a call today to #1. I'm #30 and he said there's a decent chance he'll reach me - depends on luck of the draw (last year it was filled quickly and the year before, not so quickly) and how many on the At-Large waitlist have been accepted elsewhere.

He also mentioned that UGA is looking into doing MMIs for both IS and OOS since they've gotten their new dean (he was actually at TAMU this past cycle watching interviews from a corner!) so...that will be interesting.

So, for all my waitlisted comrades, I gave Parker a call this morning to take myself off the waitlist and he ended up convincing me to stay on. He said that the At-Large class of 17 students has not been filled yet and that he's actually making a call today to #1. I'm #30 and he said there's a decent chance he'll reach me - depends on luck of the draw (last year it was filled quickly and the year before, not so quickly) and how many on the At-Large waitlist have been accepted elsewhere.

He also mentioned that UGA is looking into doing MMIs for both IS and OOS since they've gotten their new dean (he was actually at TAMU this past cycle watching interviews from a corner!) so...that will be interesting.

Did he say anything about the IS waitlist by chance? I'm #4 and it seems last year they only pulled two people off so I'm feeling a little discouraged.

Did he say anything about the IS waitlist by chance? I'm #4 and it seems last year they only pulled two people off so I'm feeling a little discouraged.

No, I unfortunately did not ask anything about IS. :(

Did you e-mail him to find your position? Or did you call?

Aww dang it, thanks anyways. I emailed!

Maybe you could try giving him a call and ask how the waitlist is looking? They seem to be available now, probably because it's morning and there's not tons of people available to flood them with phone calls!

Maybe you could try giving him a call and ask how the waitlist is looking? They seem to be available now, probably because it's morning and there's not tons of people available to flood them with phone calls!

Thanks for the advice and I ended up calling him! He is so nice and couldn't guarantee anything but did say the IS class isn't full yet. So theres hope

I just found out that I'm pretty low on the OOS alternate list!!

This is exciting, but also terrifying. I have already committed to another school that I feel in love with, but it is across the country. I wanted to travel up to UGA to see if I loved it the same (or more) so I can make a decision on whether to accept my seat if I get pulled off the waitlist. The major pro for UGA right now is the proximity to home. I'm from Florida, and I know my mom would be thrilled if I switched to a school closer to home.

Does anyone know how many days we have to decide once pulled off the waitlist??? Thanks!

I just found out that I'm pretty low on the OOS alternate list!!

This is exciting, but also terrifying. I have already committed to another school that I feel in love with, but it is across the country. I wanted to travel up to UGA to see if I loved it the same (or more) so I can make a decision on whether to accept my seat if I get pulled off the waitlist. The major pro for UGA right now is the proximity to home. I'm from Florida, and I know my mom would be thrilled if I switched to a school closer to home.

Does anyone know how many days we have to decide once pulled off the waitlist??? Thanks!

Once you get pulled from the waitlist, they said you have 3 days to decide! He said it normally doesn't take that long though.