Tulane vs. VCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_carraway

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed at both of these schools and I liked Tulane much better. VCU has the ranking aspect, but Richmond's location was a major turn off. I felt like it was a very empty city with not much at all going on. A bit too "dead" for me.

If it is a place you liked then I would go with VCU. But I feel Tulane is much more fun. And NOLA's charm will last much longer than Richmonds....

Since you're out of state (and far away) from both schools, I'd go with Tulane. It has better recognition nationally and is in a cooler location. I have a friend who got in there and loved it so much he chose it over his state school, U of Wisconsin. Sadly, Tulane didn't even offer me an interview so I can't comment on anything specific about them:laugh: but that's what I've gathered so far.

I was faced with a similar choice (LSU vs VCU) and I picked LSU mainly because of money and location. Since money isn't an issue for you, it makes it harder.

I like[d] New Orleans a lot more than Richmond (and this isn't a homer pick because I was DYING to leave this state), but VCU is a great school and I liked it more than LSU. I don't have anything to say about Tulane other than the hospital system is probably much better at VCU. I just found New Orleans to be a better city in many aspects. Richmond had a lot of the parts about New Orleans that I didn't like without as many of the good parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.