2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like this is a common thing across all schools (isn't it?). I do wonder how many people actually end up paying the full price

He actually has a point. Tulane’s tuition is higher than that of most MD schools

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the email of the person specifically in charge of the medical school’s financial aid office? Can’t seem to find a specific person

IMO I don't think its fair to count OOS tuition at public schools in that
https://www.usnews.com/education/be...ticles/most-expensive-private-medical-schools

Fair enough. It’s still not in the top 10 either. I think tulane has an average tuition rate when you compare it to a lot of other private schools. IMO High tuition rates are really a problem due to how easily people can get loans these days that are backed by the government. Unfortunetly I don’t see them ever going down. One of the other schools I interviewed at said that we should expect around a 3% increase in tuition and fees every year

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I received an email inviting me to take a summer biochem prep course. I would totally do it if they accept me lol.

Reactions: 4 users
Well, I received an email inviting me to take a summer biochem prep course. I would totally do it if they accept me lol.
Just to clarify, that's automated. There are no tea leaves to be read there.

Just to clarify, that's automated. There are no tea leaves to be read there.
Yeah I know. It said so in the email. But if they wanted me to take it for sure they could accept me haha.

Does anyone know the email of the person specifically in charge of the medical school’s financial aid office? Can’t seem to find a specific person
Did you try calling the financial aid office?

just withdrew my acceptance here guys - love New Orleans and so sad to say goodbye but hopefully someone else can get that seat!!

Acceptance Range email today at 11:15am. Interviewed 2/18

Here come the final interviewee decisions. Good luck everyone, and don’t be surprised by a WL (like we all were)

Members don't see this ad :)
Facebook page up to 304 members now. Hoping there will still be a spot for me.

Facebook page up to 304 members now. Hoping there will still be a spot for me.
Just fyi, there are a lot of members that are current TUSOM students in there (I would say around 50-100), so you guys still have a good chance - don't give up hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Tulane rejected people off the waitlist last year on March 23rd because there was too many applicants who didn't stand a chance and they wanted them to be able to move on and make plans. Maybe no rejection yet this year means something good for us. I know I'm looking into things way too much, but hey, it keeps me away from the doom and gloom.

Reactions: 3 users
Tulane rejected people off the waitlist last year on March 23rd because there was too many applicants who didn't stand a chance and they wanted them to be able to move on and make plans. Maybe no rejection yet this year means something good for us. I know I'm looking into things way too much, but hey, it keeps me away from the doom and gloom.

My man, every school I talked to said they’re either seeing their WL in mid April (Tulane) or late April. No school is going to reject off the waitlist this early. They want to keep nice and big WL’s that they’re about to use heavily this year with the traffic rule changes. I bet Tulane won’t reject anyone off the WL until July or so.

Reactions: 2 users
Hoping people read the email the AAMC sent out today lol.

will be withdrawing my acceptance from here later this week. hope it helps out one of you guys

Tulane has turned into my last hope, at least for MD. Still was my first choice but now my only choice. Here's to this next month.

Tulane has turned into my last hope, at least for MD. Still was my first choice but now my only choice. Here's to this next month.
I wish you the best of luck man! Hope it works out for you.

Can someone please answer this.
  • How's the curriculum
  1. Is it P/F
  2. Traditional 2+2
  3. PBL or lecture?
  4. Mandatory classes, recorded lecture, both?
  • What's the class size
  • How are clinical rotations?
  • Is the school laid back or more intense?

Trying to compile my pros and cons between schools. Thanks

@Gem91 Do you have any insight with regards to whether Tulane has begun tapping in their waitlisted applicants?

How many waitlist hopefuls are still with me?

Reactions: 6 users
How many waitlist hopefuls are still with me?
hey , wishing you all the best when it comes to Tulane! I heard from a friend that attends Tulane and was accepted off the waitlist that they release decisions right after the April 30th deadline. She was accepted off the waitlist May 1st a few years back. I wouldn't expect to see any movement from the waitlist until then.

Reactions: 3 users
hey , wishing you all the best when it comes to Tulane! I heard from a friend that attends Tulane and was accepted off the waitlist that they release decisions right after the April 30th deadline. She was accepted off the waitlist May 1st a few years back. I wouldn't expect to see any movement from the waitlist until then.
Sad...but 2.5 more weeks!

• Love
hey are we unable to upload updates to the portal now? I wanted to send one today and can't find a space in the portal to do so.

EDIT: NEVER MIND lol I'm just fried in the brain tbh

Last edited:
Can someone please answer this.
  • How's the curriculum

1. Is it P/F
  2. Traditional 2+2
  3. PBL or lecture?
  4. Mandatory classes, recorded lecture, both?

• What's the class size
  • How are clinical rotations?
  • Is the school laid back or more intense?
Trying to compile my pros and cons between schools. Thanks
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Lecture, with some PBL
4. Pretty much all recorded lecture except for anatomy and a few random lectures here and there. Large portion do not ever attend class.
5. ~190
6. They have something called 'the donut' for clinical rotations. If you google tulane donut or look in their student handbook it explains it completely.
7. Most of my friends there are pretty laid back and that is my impression of the school as a whole as well. I'm sure there are exceptions. I am not yet a current student, so I may have a biased view

I am also on the waitlist. hoping for the best!

Withdrew my acceptance this morning, best of luck to everyone waiting!

Does anyone know when MPH classes would start this summer for MD/MPH students?

• Love
Does anyone know when MPH classes would start this summer for MD/MPH students?
In addition to the June/July start dates mentioned, there are two online classes that you can take from anywhere which begin in June and end at the end of July.

I hope my spot goes to someone. I loved Tulane, wish they gave me a scholarship.

Withdrawing my acceptance this week. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Will be withdrawing my acceptance here as well. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users