2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrawing my acceptance today. Hopefully it goes to one of you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
Hi! Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! I'm looking for a roommate (preferably female) with whom I can share a 2BR/2BA at the Krauss Building. It's downtown and a 5-minute walk from the medical school. PM me if interested.
Probably would have better luck joining the Facebook/GroupMe

Did everyone receive the email about the summer biochem prep course ? The email says, “we are offering the prep-course to all accepted and waitlisted Tulane and LSU”. Was this sent to everyone or just low stats applicants since it’s a prep course? And did any accepted ppl receive this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone receive the email about the summer biochem prep course ? The email says, “we are offering the prep-course to all accepted and waitlisted Tulane and LSU”. Was this sent to everyone or just low stats applicants since it’s a prep course? And did any accepted ppl receive this?
I received it, I think it was sent to everyone

Reactions: 1 user
I got it too

To everyone who received this email, are you all accepted or waitlisted? I'm waitlisted and didn't receive it

To everyone who received this email, are you all accepted or waitlisted? I'm waitlisted and didn't receive it
It’s seems to be catered to ppl with lower stats is that might be why. The context of the program is ppl who didn’t perform academically well and may be at risk for medical biochem my benfmefit from this early exposure summer course p

It’s seems to be catered to ppl with lower stats is that might be why. The context of the program is ppl who didn’t perform academically well and may be at risk for medical biochem my benfmefit from this early exposure summer course p
It's not sent only to those w low stats, I scored 514+ have a 3.9+ and got the email. Pretty sure everyone got it who had been accepted too (and I guess some on the WL) but they were all talking about it in the groupme the other day. Lots of people haven't been in school in a few years either so could be a good way to reorient themselves. I wouldn't take it the wrong way due to stats.

It's not sent only to those w low stats, I scored 514+ have a 3.9+ and got the email. Pretty sure everyone got it who had been accepted too (and I guess some on the WL) but they were all talking about it in the groupme the other day. Lots of people haven't been in school in a few years either so could be a good way to reorient themselves. I wouldn't take it the wrong way due to stats.
Makes sense. I only say that bc the pdf on the program overview says, “ Our target audience are entry- level medical student who are (A) are "at-risk" of struggling in a medical biochemistry course (lack of previous experience in biochemistry as an undergraduate, a lower life science GPA or MCAT),

Makes sense. I only say that bc the pdf on the program overview says, “ Our target audience are entry- level medical student who are (A) are "at-risk" of struggling in a medical biochemistry course (lack of previous experience in biochemistry as an undergraduate, a lower life science GPA or MCAT),
Got ya, I didn't even read it once I saw it cost and wasn't like an optional program to start early included in tuition or something lol, that 69k tuition is enough...

Got ya, I didn't even read it once I saw it cost and wasn't like an optional program to start early included in tuition or something lol, that 69k tuition is enough...
I might do it if they accept me before it starts on May 24...sheeeesh

Reactions: 2 users
I might do it if they accept me before it starts on May 24...sheeeesh
Has anyone talked to anyone who’s taken it? I’m so torn (and also on the waitlist). I would love to know that I could handle the class work, and it’d be a helpful refresher, but the timing isn’t great at all for me haha!

So if not all waitlisted candidates got this email, how did they differentiate who did and did not receive it? It sounds like accepted students received the email, but based off previous comments, only some waitlisted received it? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mean to sound like a smart-ass, but I doubt they would send the information to select people on the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist (or even accepted), perhaps check your spam/junk mail. The email was sent on April 20th, 2021 and titled, "Summer Biochemistry Prep Course from the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at Tulane School of Medicine".

For reference, I am accepted and the email was sent to my spam. I didn't know about it until seeing it in the GroupMe chat a few days ago.

I don't mean to sound like a smart-ass, but I doubt they would send the information to select people on the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist (or even accepted), perhaps check your spam/junk mail. The email was sent on April 20th, 2021 and titled, "Summer Biochemistry Prep Course from the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at Tulane School of Medicine".

For reference, I am accepted and the email was sent to my spam. I didn't know about it until seeing it in the GroupMe chat a few days ago.
For reference, this was sent to everyone last year too.

Is anyone familiar with when Tulane will start accepting people off their waitlist? Do they plan on acting next week or closer to the middle or even end of May?

Is anyone familiar with when Tulane will start accepting people off their waitlist? Do they plan on acting next week or closer to the middle or even end of May?
Last year the first waitlist acceptances reported on sdn were April 20th, so it could be any day now

I received the A last night off WL! I will be declining my spot as I was accepted off a different waitlist a few days prior. Sent a letter of interest in Feb for reference! Good luck to all!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I received the A last night of WL! I will be declining my spot as I was accepted off a different waitlist a few days prior. Sent a letter of interest in Feb for reference! Good luck to all!!!
Wow that's awesome congrats. When were you put on WL?

The facebook group is growing so I *assume* people are getting in off the waitlist. Could be wrong though

Reactions: 1 users
This thread has been super quiet. Has anyone been pulled of the WL since May 5th? Any other information worth knowing ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
The facebook group is growing so I *assume* people are getting in off the waitlist. Could be wrong though
hey, most of the new people in the facebook group are people getting off the waitlist, but there's also been a few upperclassmen trickling into the group, so good luck aspiring docs!

Based on GroupMe, no new students off AR (which is Tulane's WL) for the past 2 weeks. I'll give an update here when we have new members. Good luck to the rest of you on the AR and I look forward to calling you my classmate!

Reactions: 4 users
Based on GroupMe, no new students off AR (which is Tulane's WL) for the past 2 weeks. I'll give an update here when we have new members. Good luck to the rest of you on the AR and I look forward to calling you my classmate!
Much appreciated! Thank you for the update!

Has anyone tried contacting admissions to see about waitlist movement? I’ve seen people do it on previous threads and they’ve been able to find out whether the class is full yet. I’m thinking about giving them a call if no one else on here has. The silence is making me anxious lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone tried contacting admissions to see about waitlist movement? I’ve seen people do it on previous threads and they’ve been able to find out whether the class is full yet. I’m thinking about giving them a call if no one on here else has
I haven't called yet, but would love to know as well! It's almost the end of May now. It doesn't seem like there's been a lot of waitlist movement the last couple weeks.....

It seems like this was around the time there was a good bit of movement last year so fingers crossed!!

I reached them. Was told they are at full class numbers rn and movement will be much slower than previous years