2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't give up!!! I just got my first A of the cycle off a waitlist I interviewed in October. You got this!
Wow, I so appreciate you for sharing this! Thanks for the encouragement and congratulations!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance Range. Interviewed on 1/9. 2nd waitlist of the cycle :/

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Where my 1.24.20 interview gang at?

Hope we get some news in the coming week or two...

Congrats to all of those accepted so far! And to those who are still waiting, be patient and stay positive (I know that's easy for me to say now, but I wasn't accepted until the end of May of my third app cycle last year, so I do get it).

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to all of those accepted so far! And to those who are still waiting, be patient and stay positive (I know that's easy for me to say now, but I wasn't accepted until the end of May of my third app cycle last year, so I do get it).
Thanks for sharing!!! It helps give me perspective. And this is spoken from a second cycle applicant.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted yesterday at 5:24 pm! Interviewed 1/10

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I saw what @Lucille95 posted about the financial aid packages but does anyone know when do people typically receive their financial packages?

No one knows, but my student host when i interviewed in september said a lot of his class was off the waitlist.

Looking at the facebook groups, seems like class of 2024 has 96 members and previous years such as c/o 2023 and 2022 have roughly 500+ members. So take that for what it's worth

So you're saying there's a really good chance :') ...... I would break into sad ugly tears if I got accepted man. Ugly tears.

Reactions: 2 users
just got an email for merit scholarship! Was ED for those who might want to know!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got an email for merit scholarship! Was ED for those who might want to know!
Congrats!! Had you completed all the financial aid paperwork incl the addendum?

Congrats!! Had you completed all the financial aid paperwork incl the addendum?
I completed FAFSA back in October. Didn't submit the addendum until a few weeks ago. The status of financial aid says received not reviewed or something like that. I haven't heard back from financial aid yet though :) Hope that answers your question!

anyone else STILL on hold?

Yes. Though from my research yesterday on when their last II’s go out, best I could tell is that it ended in February. So I’m just awaiting the Pre-II R.

If you’re post-II hold, my best wishes to you. I hope you get the A soon.

Congrats to everyone accepted.

Tulane certainly wins the award for the kindest rejection emails. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Lol pre-II R! Forgot I even applied here! Nice letter though. Best of luck to everyone in consideration!

Reactions: 1 users
Lmfao I got unofficially rejected by Tulane today (along with everyone else on the pre-II hold.)

R pre-II as well.

Apparently I was also on hold for interview, despite the fact I was never informed.

Didn't get an R yet. Also, their site says interview ends Feb. So, what gives? Anyone else not get an R yet?

What did it say?

typo in the first sentence of the second paragraph... cmon Tulane I didn’t give you typos in my secondary!

——

In the past, you received an email from us informing you of the decision to place you in the Hold for Possible Interview category. As our interview season is coming to an end, it is with much regret that we will not be able to offer you an interview for the Tulane University School of Medicine incoming Class of 2020. This is a disappointment, almost as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the applicant who is turned away.

Most of the applicants we reviewed this year are incredibly well qualified for medical school and are likely to make important contributions the medical profession. Sadly, with nearly 13,000 applicants for 600 interview spots, we are forced to not offer interviews to many exceptional people. Due to the large volume of applications, we cannot advise you regarding your application. We hope that you receive an acceptance to a medical school of your choice and that both success and happiness will be yours as you continue your training. Please accept our best wishes for all your future endeavors.

Sounds like those of us not on hold will have to wait longer to get the R.

What time does the interview day here end? Does anyone know? Thanks.

I interviewed back in October so I can't exactly remember, but I think it was done around 3PM. Correct me if I'm wrong @ anyone else who interviewed. Also I think I remember it saying in the email about your interview the basic timeline for the day! I hope this helps a little!

I interviewed back in October so I can't exactly remember, but I think it was done around 3PM. Correct me if I'm wrong @ anyone else who interviewed. Also I think I remember it saying in the email about your interview the basic timeline for the day! I hope this helps a little!

Thank you so much! Unfortunately my email didn't have this information :(.

Thank you so much! Unfortunately my email didn't have this information :(.

I had to dig deep in my emails to find it, but in the initial "invite for interview" email, they said that activities will end no later than 2:30!

Good luck!

I had to dig deep in my emails to find it, but in the initial "invite for interview" email, they said that activities will end no later than 2:30!

Good luck!

Oh shoot, you're right, I was looking at the confirmation like a dummy. Thank you!

Oh shoot, you're right, I was looking at the confirmation like a dummy. Thank you!

No worries! I knew it was in my email somewhere! If you don't mind me asking, when are you scheduled to interview? I thought that they had finished interviewing in February

Didn't get an R yet. Also, their site says interview ends Feb. So, what gives? Anyone else not get an R yet?
I believe there are two March interviews but I briefly remember that from looking at the calendar so I'm not 100% sure.

No worries! I knew it was in my email somewhere! If you don't mind me asking, when are you scheduled to interview? I thought that they had finished interviewing in February

Monday! I think it's one of their last dates?

I believe there are two March interviews but I briefly remember that from looking at the calendar so I'm not 100% sure.
I'm interviewing Monday and when I signed up I'm pretty sure there was also options for the Thursday as well.

Any people on MD/PSP waitlist ? Does anyone know if you can get placed into the MD school only if no spots in MD/PSP?