2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do we know when tulane's commit to enroll deadline is?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there friends!! I just got off the phone with Mike Woodson. He said that waitlist movement will start within the next two weeks because although there is the April 30th deadline some schools aren't as strict with it. I asked if he anticipated similar amount of waitlist movement as last year (which was very low if you check last years thread you will see them chatting about this) he said he anticipates MORE waitlist movement as a lot of the medical schools UNDER admitted due to the new AMCAS regulation. All good things <3 we shouldn't give up yet :)

Reactions: 8 users
Hi there friends!! I just got off the phone with Mike Woodson. He said that waitlist movement will start within the next two weeks because although there is the April 30th deadline some schools aren't as strict with it. I asked if he anticipated similar amount of waitlist movement as last year (which was very low if you check last years thread you will see them chatting about this) he said he anticipates MORE waitlist movement as a lot of the medical schools UNDER admitted due to the new AMCAS regulation. All good things <3 we shouldn't give up yet :)
This is great news! Thank you for calling! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there friends!! I just got off the phone with Mike Woodson. He said that waitlist movement will start within the next two weeks because although there is the April 30th deadline some schools aren't as strict with it. I asked if he anticipated similar amount of waitlist movement as last year (which was very low if you check last years thread you will see them chatting about this) he said he anticipates MORE waitlist movement as a lot of the medical schools UNDER admitted due to the new AMCAS regulation. All good things QUOTE]And so, Maximus Quintus has restored hope.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there friends!! I just got off the phone with Mike Woodson. He said that waitlist movement will start within the next two weeks because although there is the April 30th deadline some schools aren't as strict with it. I asked if he anticipated similar amount of waitlist movement as last year (which was very low if you check last years thread you will see them chatting about this) he said he anticipates MORE waitlist movement as a lot of the medical schools UNDER admitted due to the new AMCAS regulation. All good things

This gives me life. Thanks for calling!

Last edited:
This morning I got the call that I’m off the waitlist: on my birthday, of all days. Best birthday present ever!

Reactions: 16 users
This morning I got the call that I’m off the waitlist: on my birthday, of all days. Best birthday present ever!
Off the waitlist as in accepted??? No way! Congrats! And happy birthday! What an awesome gift. Now share whatever good mojo you've got going on to us losers.

I love seeing people accepted off the WL. But then I get really sad because I realize it isn't me
YLgIOmtIMUACY.gif

Reactions: 5 users

May I ask who made the call and exactly what time?

Reactions: 1 user
This is SUCH great news - thank you so much for calling and for sharing this information!

Deciding between here and another school... I think the deciding factor comes down to lifestyle. Can any current students speak to how difficult classes are, work life balance (or I guess school life balance), and your overall happiness at Tulane? Thanks!!

Still no other WL movement? My goodness, this is so stressful...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Deciding between here and another school... I think the deciding factor comes down to lifestyle. Can any current students speak to how difficult classes are, work life balance (or I guess school life balance), and your overall happiness at Tulane? Thanks!!

Work life balance is almost too good. Tulane students really are some of the happiest, they’re just more often then not in an absurd about of debt.

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my offer here - hopefully my spot goes to someone amazing!

I hope we hear back soon:( I've been delaying signing a lease on a place by the DO school I'm admitted to because I'm trying to wait for Tulane. It's getting harder and harder to put my life on hold for what seems to be a tiny glimpse of hope.

I hope we hear back soon:( I've been delaying signing a lease on a place by the DO school I'm admitted to because I'm trying to wait for Tulane. It's getting harder and harder to put my life on hold for what seems to be a tiny glimpse of hope.
I am in the exact situation. It blows.

Which is the irritating part about students holding on to several acceptances because they can't just choose one (although they already know which school they are going to select).

Which is the irritating part about students holding on to several acceptances because they can't just choose one (although they already know which school they are going to select).

It's honestly rather absurd that they don't even tell us what our rank is. It would be very helpful to know if I'm next in line or there are 50 people ahead of me. I really can't believe its "unranked"

Did people get rejected post-interview? Or are we in a pool of like 400 applicants in the accepted range?

It's honestly rather absurd that they don't even tell us what our rank is. It would be very helpful to know if I'm next in line or there are 50 people ahead of me. I really can't believe its "unranked"
YES!!! Whereas my family is holding off putting down a lease on a place, but if we knew Tulane wasn't even going to happen for us, we'd just go for it elsewhere.

For everyone still waiting to here- stay strong!! i am so sorry it is such a miserable process...

For those accepted/ recieved their finacial aid- do you know if there is a deadline to accept/ reduce/ decline the loans? I want to take out as little as possible but also want to see how much i am able to save before deciding... any intel would be greatly appreciated!!

How many of my peeps are still holding on?

How many of my peeps are still holding on?

If holding on means obsessively checking my portal, SDN, and AMCAS while also staring at my phone for long periods of time "sourcing" a call from the admissions office then yes!! hell yes! lol

Can someone tell me what is on the MSAR this year? How many are on the waitlist and how many are pulled from the waitlist?

Can someone tell me what is on the MSAR this year? How many are on the waitlist and how many are pulled from the waitlist?

Typical Number of waitlist positions per cycle

Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
Not Provided (You didn't really think they would make it that easy, did you?:()

• Haha
Typical Number of waitlist positions per cycle

Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
Not Provided (You didn't really think they would make it that easy, did you?:()
Since about 600 are interviewed, this would mean that 350 were accepted for 190 spots? So tulane overenrolled?

Since about 600 are interviewed, this would mean that 350 were accepted for 190 spots? So tulane overenrolled?

I don't think so. In past years, Tulane also rejected people post interview. Notice this says "typical" number of waitlist positions per cycle. This seems like some kind of composite average. Which obviously isn't going to be useful to us with the new traffic rules and the precautions that schools are taking.

Hey guys, I was accepted yesterday afternoon. Openings are coming by very slowly. Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
When you say openings are coming very slowly - do you mean that you don't anticipate more of them?

When you say openings are coming very slowly - do you mean that you don't anticipate more of them?

I don’t necessarily know tbh, all I gathered was there was one spot available yesterday but had no further information on last week! I really can’t say what is to come in the weeks ahead! Apparently they are working hard and staying vigilant on where they are with the class and doing their best with making sure they can get people off the waitlist ASAP!

Accepted today, also got a phone call followed by email!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted today, also got a phone call followed by email!

Congrats!

The waitlist seems to be moving at a rate of 1 person per week (at least per those reporting on SDN). Better than nothing I guess lol