***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to whoever gave up their spot because I just got invited to a post-December interview :O

Notified via email, 3.27sGPA, 3.5 oGPA, 20AA and 20TS, OOS (MI) resident. They had Tuesdays and Thursdays of the first two weeks of January open

I know they have MMI format right? Does anyone have any tips or tricks for this one because I really can't screw this one up, might be my only shot at an acceptance (I was waitlisted at both of the two schools I interviewed at pre-Dec so I think my interview skills are lacking, although both of them were of traditional format)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got invited as well (canadian), any tips are more than welcomed :).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone give a rundown of the interview process? Example questions would be nice as well. Just got my first interview today, scheduled for January 9th!!!

Can someone give a rundown of the interview process? Example questions would be nice as well. Just got my first interview today, scheduled for January 9th!!!
Congrats!! Do you guys mind sharing what your stats are?

Got an interview here today :) very excited but also never had an MMI before

I interviewed here this fall. The interview is multiple stations and the topics are more of a conversation than a question set. Most of it is somewhat philosophical. They want to get to know you and see if you are real. It was rather relaxed and all of us that were interviewed that day felt like we were able to represent ourselves well. I got an acceptance on Dec. 1st, good luck to you guys interviewing!

I interviewed here this fall. The interview is multiple stations and the topics are more of a conversation than a question set. Most of it is somewhat philosophical. They want to get to know you and see if you are real. It was rather relaxed and all of us that were interviewed that day felt like we were able to represent ourselves well. I got an acceptance on Dec. 1st, good luck to you guys interviewing!
Congrats on the acceptance and thank you for sharing your interview experience, very helpful!

does anyone know how many people are invited to interview, and how many people out of those are accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are those the last set of interviews they’re giving out or should we hope for more?

does anyone know how they go about considering non-traditional students. I am in the BMS masters program with 16 credits and will have 25 after completing this semester. I applied and have been given a secondary but haven't heard anything since(9/16)

Congratulations!! :) Did they preschedule you or did you have days to choose from? What was the earliest interview day you could have gotten?

Last edited:
does anyone know how they go about considering non-traditional students. I am in the BMS masters program with 16 credits and will have 25 after completing this semester. I applied and have been given a secondary but haven't heard anything since(9/16)

As part of the BMS program at MWU, you're guaranteed an interview If your GPA is above 3.0. I would continue to focus on keeping a good GPA and not worry about getting an interview invite. You will most likely get it towards the end of January or in February. Sometimes they only give you a one day notice and ask you to come to the interview the next day. Also if you get waitlisted don't worry because a lot of students get picked up off the waitlist through August.

As part of the BMS program at MWU, you're guaranteed an interview If your GPA is above 3.0. I would continue to focus on keeping a good GPA and not worry about getting an interview invite. You will most likely get it towards the end of January or in February. Sometimes they only give you a one day notice and ask you to come to the interview the next day. Also if you get waitlisted don't worry because a lot of students get picked up off the waitlist through August.
I'm not doing the masters at MWU I'm in another state and my GPA in the masters is 3.4

I received an interview invite today and I will be declining it since I got into my State school. Hopefully it goes to one of you!!!!!! Best of luck!

I made a fb page for class of 2022!

It won't let me post a link until i post 3 more times.

Congrats on your interview! See my post on page 2 of this thread for my MMI experience.

Congratulations!! :) Did they preschedule you or did you have days to choose from? What was the earliest interview day you could have gotten?
I had multiple dates to choose from and I chose the earliest I could, Jan 9.

Just got offered an interview today. Jan 30th #5!

Could a current MWU student comment on the qualities of MWU-IL and why they chose it over other schools? I am an OOS student.

I briefly spoke with a recent graduate from Midwestern-IL and they gave me the following advice about the interview process "A few quick things- It’s a different interview process. You have 7 stations with different scenarios. They want you to come up with an answer to a scenario. Like- “what do you do if...” Come up with your answer. You can say you can see how someone feels differently. But they’re going to try to talk you outta whatever you say. Stick to what you decide. And don’t let them talk you out of it."

Could a current MWU student comment on the qualities of MWU-IL and why they chose it over other schools? I am an OOS student.
I am a student at MWU-IL. there are a lot of OOS in my class about 60%. If u don't get admission into ur own state school or some cheaper OOS schools, then attend MWU-IL. majority of students in my class got only 1 acceptance so they had no choice. i like its integrated curriculum as u only focus on 2 classes (bio and dental anatomy) at a time where as in other schools students take 6 classes (histo, micro, path, dental anatomy etc) all at same time.

I am a student at MWU-IL. there are a lot of OOS in my class about 60%. If u don't get admission into ur own state school or some cheaper OOS schools, then attend MWU-IL. majority of students in my class got only 1 acceptance so they had no choice. i like its integrated curriculum as u only focus on 2 classes (bio and dental anatomy) at a time where as in other schools students take 6 classes (histo, micro, path, dental anatomy etc) all at same time.

Wow the curriculum sounds awesome. Are the clinics that you all work/practice in on campus or spread out in the Chicago area?

What exactly would you mean by attending this school if it's the only option? Is there a shortage in patients as well for this area considering the dental school in Chicago?

What exactly would you mean by attending this school if it's the only option? Is there a shortage in patients as well for this area considering the dental school in Chicago?

MWU-IL is one of the most expensive schools out there with little name recognition because its new. It's a phenomenal program that will eventually get there, but as of now you're essentially paying huge $$$ without the benefits you'd get from places like NYU and Tufts.

Reactions: 2 users
MWU-IL is one of the most expensive schools out there with little name recognition because its new. It's a phenomenal program that will eventually get there, but as of now you're essentially paying huge $$$ without the benefits you'd get from places like NYU and Tufts.

Yeah but still grateful. A dentist is a dentist who is a dentist. However I was just wondering what the rotations are like? Like are the clinics on campus or do you have to go to Chicago?

Yeah but still grateful. A dentist is a dentist who is a dentist. However I was just wondering what the rotations are like? Like are the clinics on campus or do you have to go to Chicago?
The Multi-specialty Clinic is located off campus, at 3450 Lacey Rd, Downers Grove, IL 60515. Its about 3 miles away from campus. You take a tour of it when you interview.

I am not sure if we have to go to the clinics in Chicago because I have not reached to that stage yet. I have been to the multi-clinic few times where we learn about basic sterilization, ergonomics etc.
Its the top most expensive school. I feel like the education we receive at MWU, it's not worth that much money. it is not ranked under top 50 private schools list where as NYU is #5. Yes, we will get the DMD degree and will become a dentist. However, there are students attending other private dental schools who are receiving best education and early clinical experiences with nearly half of MWU tuition.
I like the integrated curriculum as it is slow paced. Upperclassmen and professors are very helpful. there is no competition among students and we all help each other out. I like its quarter system as you get mini break after each quarter. Since board exam is changing, it's better to attend school where students take part 1 after first year so don't have to deal with the new system.

Reactions: 3 users
I am not sure if we have to go to the clinics in Chicago because I have not reached to that stage yet. I have been to the multi-clinic few times where we learn about basic sterilization, ergonomics etc.
Its the top most expensive school. I feel like the education we receive at MWU, it's not worth that much money. it is not ranked under top 50 private schools list where as NYU is #5. Yes, we will get the DMD degree and will become a dentist. However, there are students attending other private dental schools who are receiving best education and early clinical experiences with nearly half of MWU tuition.
I like the integrated curriculum as it is slow paced. Upperclassmen and professors are very helpful. there is no competition among students and we all help each other out. I like its quarter system as you get mini break after each quarter. Since board exam is changing, it's better to attend school where students take part 1 after first year so don't have to deal with the new system.

To add onto that, doesn’t the tuition sheet rate that the tuition will rise something like 6% a year? Is this normal for other private schools??

To add onto that, doesn’t the tuition sheet rate that the tuition will rise something like 6% a year? Is this normal for other private schools??
i think other private schools have 2-3% rise. Nova, Marquette and some other private schools, within the tuition you own all the instruments. Whereas at MWU, u rent instruments.
IL is broke..

NYU though is like an extra 150k due to the cost of living in NYC. I am blessed though to have the opportunity to interview here though. Looking forward to it!

Seems like mwu-az is better experience? Anyone can compare these two schools?

Could those of you who are Dental Students at MWU-IL shoot me a DM? I'm stuck between MWU-IL and LECOM, I really need some help deciding, and having some questions answered would be a huge help.

anyone hear anything from here recently? still waiting for an interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.