***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know if they wait till December to send out rejections or they notify you by email?
Mine has been complete since August 25th, but have not heard back yet.
no idea, i know MWU-Az has rejected people including myself pre-December.

Members don't see this ad.

no idea, i know MWU-Az has rejected people including myself pre-December.
I was rejected by MWU-AZ as well. I hope Illinois branch is more lenient. I got app complete email August 25th.

I was rejected by MWU-AZ as well. I hope Illinois branch is more lenient. I got app complete email August 25th.
I was rejected by Az and got an interview at il sept 1st. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been rejected by MWU-Ill so far...? Still haven't heard anything and it's been past 2 months now...

Received an interview invite today!
OOS / Unsure of when I actually completed it, but got an email on 9/9 saying it was complete
Good luck everyone!

Do you mind posting your stats?

Current D4 at CDMI. Let me know if you guys have any questions. I will try answering them as much as I am allowed to.

That being said, first interview date is September 28th. I will be there giving a tour. I don't get paid with money, but I get free lunch with you lol.

Are there interviews every week? and also multiple days a week? or is it just every thursday? I apologize if these questions have been answered already. I am just wondering if there are October interview dates as the past threads I have looked as mention that there are no interviews in Nov/Dec?

Are there interviews every week? and also multiple days a week? or is it just every thursday? I apologize if these questions have been answered already. I am just wondering if there are October interview dates as the past threads I have looked as mention that there are no interviews in Nov/Dec?

Wait... so that means if you haven't heard anything by now you're essentially rejected by MWU-IL?

The interview will be twice a week. The first interview will be the one we have tomorrow (Sept 28th). They do take a break from interviewing people during holiday season, but they send out interview invites until early next year.

If you have not hear from them, that means NOTHING! You are not being rejected until you receive a letter saying that you are rejected.

The interview will be twice a week. The first interview will be the one we have tomorrow (Sept 28th). They do take a break from interviewing people during holiday season, but they send out interview invites until early next year.

If you have not hear from them, that means NOTHING! You are not being rejected until you receive a letter saying that you are rejected.

Twice a week? As in they do 2 interview groups a week? If so, how big are the groups?

Twice a week? As in they do 2 interview groups a week? If so, how big are the groups?

They do it a little differently than other schools.

Yes, it's 2 groups per week. One group will have 16 interviewees.

Has anyone been rejected by MWU-Ill so far...? Still haven't heard anything and it's been past 2 months now...
I haven't heard anything back but I talked to my friend who got an interview there and she said she applied in early august and didn't get an interview invite until December. So all hope isn't lost yet.

I got my invite post January... Don't worry :)

Just got an interview invite!
Submitted secondary 8/15
20AA 20TS 19 PAT

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an Interview Invite, 2 dates available Nov 7 and Nov 9th. 21AA 3.78 oGPA Canadian

Interview 3 out of 4!
Notification date: 10/5
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OH
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA: 3.55 OGPA 3.4 SGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA / 20 TS / 22 PAT

Does anyone know the interview style here? 1 on 1 or MMI?

cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.4
DAT AA21, TS20, PAT19
Nice I have very similar stats. When did you submit aadsas and supplemental applications and when did you get the application complete email? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know if they wait till December to send out rejections or they notify you by email?
Mine has been complete since August 25th, but have not heard back yet.

At my interview they mentioned that they do most of the interview process in December! I wouldn't worry too much until then!!!

I'm a current 2nd year dental student. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I can't guarantee that I'll respond immediately though since it's a pretty busy time right now, but I'll try.

Would anyone who has interviewed here be willing to share their experience with the MMI format? How much time are you given per prompt, approximate number of stations, and if any of the questions are personal or if all of them are about how you would respond to situations...

Nice I have very similar stats. When did you submit aadsas and supplemental applications and when did you get the application complete email? Thanks!

AADSAS submitted around the end of August, supplemental completed 9/5, app complete email received 9/9.

Quick Question : status of Midwestern University (MWU-IL) indicates none in aadsas portal for me. Is it usual or not mine has just changed to none, neither rejection nor invitation yet. Any one else has same situation ?

Quick Question : status of Midwestern University (MWU-IL) indicates none in aadsas portal for me. Is it usual or not mine has just changed to none, neither rejection nor invitation yet. Any one else has same situation ?
From my understanding, MWU-IL does not use the AADSAS portal.

Does anyone know if MWU-IL is done with pre-December interviews?

Would anyone who has interviewed here be willing to share their experience with the MMI format? How much time are you given per prompt, approximate number of stations, and if any of the questions are personal or if all of them are about how you would respond to situations...

You have 1 minute to read and think of your response. You have either 7 or 8 minutes (I can't remember exactly...sorry) once you are inside each room. There will be someone timing the one minute outside the room and each interviewer also has a timer. There are 8 stations total. One station is a rest station and one is a traditional interview where you get asked to talk about yourself. The remaining 7 are MMI questions. The people that asked me questions were science professors, dental clinic faculty, and guest dentists.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the acceptance email! 5:51 AM PST

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted via Email!!!! Acceptance came in at 8:51 EST

Reactions: 3 users
accepted via email! 8:51a

Reactions: 4 users
First acceptance!! Email received at 8:51 am EST

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if a combined full year (6 semester hours) anatomy and physiology course counts for both the anatomy and physiology prerequisite requirements here like it does at AZ? I was accepted but am apparently missing this class even though it was approved with no issues at other places

does this school only require one orgo class with lab? it says it only needs 4 orgo credits

Does anyone know if a combined full year (6 semester hours) anatomy and physiology course counts for both the anatomy and physiology prerequisite requirements here like it does at AZ? I was accepted but am apparently missing this class even though it was approved with no issues at other places
Straight off the site it says,
*The Anatomy and Physiology requirements may also be fulfilled by taking Anatomy and Physiology I and Anatomy and Physiology II, as some universities offer combined courses.

got accepted by email, friday morning at 5:51am PST ( was at another interview lol)

Congrats everyone! does anybody know if a facebook was made for those accepted so far?

Straight off the site it says,
*The Anatomy and Physiology requirements may also be fulfilled by taking Anatomy and Physiology I and Anatomy and Physiology II, as some universities offer combined courses.
Turns out it actually doesn't count, unless your courses are separated by semester

Does anyone know if they still have interviews left to give out?

Reactions: 1 users
Will be giving up my spot soon. Good luck to all that are waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.