The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who are your current suspicions?
I think Deva has the sketchiest claim from what we have outed. Lyra has been pinging my sketch-o-meter since D1 and I don't understand how or why she is alive at this point. AM I had very soft cleared from ask-a-mod item, but would like to hear more from. You're acting like village you on thread and with your choices for tracking so I'm kinda ok there; I've historically called out when you're sketch correctly. Kata *could* be a wolf day vig if Coopah is being tricky, but ehhh. I think Cheat, WZ, and Pippy would all be kind of surprising as wolves from role/abilities claimed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think Deva has the sketchiest claim from what we have outed. Lyra has been pinging my sketch-o-meter since D1 and I don't understand how or why she is alive at this point. AM I had very soft cleared from ask-a-mod item, but would like to hear more from. You're acting like village you on thread and with your choices for tracking so I'm kinda ok there; I've historically called out when you're sketch correctly. Kata *could* be a wolf day vig if Coopah is being tricky, but ehhh. I think Cheat, WZ, and Pippy would all be kind of surprising as wolves from role/abilities claimed.

I think we're about on the same page here

What was AM's soft clear? I missed that.

Members don't see this ad :)
What was AM's soft clear? I missed that.
I can verify that she did actually ask the non-villagers question. I've considered that the phrasing could be wolfy and wondering if there is chaos/neutrals involved, but it moved her to village leaning early game. Even saying soft clear is probably strong, but just... less likely, ya know.

Day 1 Lynch Tally
cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS
(1) - hmufasa
BBC
(1) - MJ
Zen
(1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (6) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jil, kata

25/26

Day 2 Official Lynch Tally
Zen () -
Snowy (1) - AM
Lupin (13) - kcough, kata, karabou, snowy, hmoo, deva, dubz, dr s, 3m, pipsqueak, Lyra, meathead, LIS, Jil, Trilt

17/23 voting

Day 3 Lynch Tally
SAR (0) -
Snowy (2) - VMH, SAR
hmoo
(0) -
Deva (0) -
Lyra (0) -
MJ (5) - kcough, Dr. S, Deva, cheat
Zensing (1) - Lyra
Am (1) - hmufasa
Cheat (3) - mj, jil, Snowy
Dr. S (6) - Zen, DVMD, WZ, pippy, kara, AM
LOTF (2) - Trilt, 3m

19/21

Day 4 Lynch Tally
AM (1) - kara
MJ (8) - lyra, pippy, WZ, AM, cheat, zen, kata, vmh
LOTF (2) - snowy, trilt
WZ (0) -
Kata (4) - dvmd, jil, MJ, deva
Karabiner (1) - lotf

16/18

Day 5 Lynch Tally
Pippy (1) - Jil
Zensing (0) -
Kata (3) - Lyra, WZ, LOTF
WZ (0) -
Trilt (0) -
Jil (1) - Pippy, DVMD
Deva (2) - Snowy, Kara
LoTF (5) - 3m, vmh, Trilt, kata, AM
Cheat (0) -
Kara (1) - Deva
VMH (1) - Cheat

15/16

Day 6 Lynch Tally
3m (6) -, AM, Deva, trout, Lyra, jil, dvmd
Deva (2) - Kara, Snowy, pippy
trilt (4) -, Dubz, 3m, VMH, , kata
lyra (1) - cheat
AM (0) -
pippy (0) -

14/14

Not sure how helpful this is, but thought I'd put it up for reference.

Last edited:
It's weird to me that no one else has claimed getting the ask-a-mod item. Was it only a one time use thing?

I can verify that she did actually ask the non-villagers question. I've considered that the phrasing could be wolfy and wondering if there is chaos/neutrals involved, but it moved her to village leaning early game. Even saying soft clear is probably strong, but just... less likely, ya know.

Wait, how would you know what question she asked, if this was an ask-the-mod item?

I don't like this

I agree there could easily be shenanigans. I guess I'd like to know what character trilt is claiming since she's now outed her role ability. Might make up my mind about some things.

Also, who all has received items this game? I find it odd only a select few are getting these items.

Here is what I have, for an items timeline. Hopefully it's correct:

N2
Trilt had PM item (set-up PM with Pippy)

N3
Zen/Ny had PM item (set-up PM with Pippy)

N4
AM had ask-a-mod (asked how many non-villagers there are currently. "Four" was the response)
Kata had PM item (set-up PM with Zen/Ny)
Snowy had plate full of grubs item (felt safe and happy)

N5
VMH had tracking item (night canceled)

N6
Pippy had PM item
Pippy had plate full of grubs

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to the mods about a seering item. Stronger items take longer time to make; I was told I could make one in one day that would last for two days and have a 25% chance of working... or take two or three days to produce (and if I died during that time, no item) for more of a chance. I'm impatient.

I talked them into a day of production from a single use tracking item.

Same conversation about protection. I managed to somewhat evade because the leaf platter had that as one of several options.

This sounds like Coop. She was the mastermind behind the tinkerer formula in Telenovela. There was a delay in item production for that game so I could see it here again. Trilt was definitely impatient in that game and more powerful items did take longer to make

I know early in the game we expected the dead to be involved in some way. Have we figured out where they are involved yet (or if they even are?)

I had an item last night. It allowed me to ask the spirits a question.

I had assumed that this item was asking the dead a question and not the mods, but apparently I was wrong.

Here is what I have, for an items timeline. Hopefully it's correct:

N2
Trilt had PM item (set-up PM with Pippy)

N3
AM had ask-a-mod (asked how many non-villagers there are currently. "Four" was the response)
Zen/Ny had PM item (set-up PM with Pippy)

N4
Kata had PM item (set-up PM with Zen/Ny)
Snowy had plate full of grubs item (felt safe and happy)

N5
VMH had tracking item (night canceled)

N6
Pippy had PM item
Pippy had plate full of grubs

I got my item on N4.

Interesting that you mention eavesdropping, because now I'm wondering if you built something similar into the PM item.
Lol - I tried, actually. Got ix-nay'd as too powerful because the item lets people talk back and forth, not just one letter like my one from telenovela.
Is the ask-a-mod item the same as the ask-the-spirits item? I assumed that dead were answering the spirits thing.
It's actually ask the stars, a la:

tumblr_n22fojpNeW1ts7zsyo1_250.gif

Lol - I tried, actually. Got ix-nay'd as too powerful because the item lets people talk back and forth, not just one letter like my one from telenovela.

tumblr_nbmj49k8OE1qgwefso1_500.gif

I had just thought about great kings of the past being the dead. But thanks for clarifying.

Seriously though. Was this just a one time thing?

I believe trilt. If Nala's mom was in the game, I'd be shocked if Simba's wasn't. Maybe I'm gullible, guess I'll find out later.

I really think we need to focus our attention to those we know little to noting about...

Deva
AM
Pippy

Reactions: 2 users
I believe trilt. If Nala's mom was in the game, I'd be shocked if Simba's wasn't. Maybe I'm gullible, guess I'll find out later.

I really think we need to focus our attention to those we know little to noting about...

Deva
AM
Pippy
I agree, I was expecting Sarabi to be in the game more than Sarafina.
Something isn't sitting right with me about Pippy, so i'll stick with that for now and join jil.

lynch pippy

but deva is up there too.

I now understand what Pippy meant about the Trilt role:ability talk. Sarabi?

As an aside though, I don't understand posts that say they believe someone's role claim because X character would definitely be in the game (not singling out DVMD, it was said dozens of times with regards to Lyra's claim in the beginning too). That's not what people are generally finding sketchy about the claim..It's more so the ability, at least for me.

BTW, the grub I ate was "Long, brown and delectable", and I felt pleasantly full afterwards. No other effects that I've noticed.
:laugh:

Coopah said three days (I think, will go through PMs).
Oh, and for the timeline; I had it the night of cancellation. So that night ended up with me not getting my ask a mod in, my single use tracking item being useless, and not able to make anything. Do you get why I was annoyed? lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I now understand what Pippy meant about the Trilt role:ability talk. Sarabi?
*I'm still generally willing to believe that a tinkerer is not sketch, just wondering how Sarabi fit into it.

Probably silly, but I still can't help but wonder in the back of my mind about Lyra.

just wondering how a main character that a lot of people believed wasn't vanilla at the time has lived a long time.
Could always be deliberate sketch-building from the wolves, but still... (wifom)

Oh, and for the timeline; I had it the night of cancellation. So that night ended up with me not getting my ask a mod in, my single use tracking item being useless, and not able to make anything. Do you get why I was annoyed? lol.

I might be reading this incorrectly. I get the item maker claim and that the canceled night made the tracking item useless for whomever had it (vmh?). So can you also ask the mods a question normally or did you have your own item to use?

*I'm still generally willing to believe that a tinkerer is not sketch, just wondering how Sarabi fit into it.

Probably silly, but I still can't help but wonder in the back of my mind about Lyra.

just wondering how a main character that a lot of people believed wasn't vanilla at the time has lived a long time.

Could always be deliberate sketch-building from the wolves, but still... (wifom)

This interaction between the two of you is odd. Trying to push pressure off deva?

I want more from deva, pippy and AM

I get that the ask a mod question from AM seems villagery, but I still ask those questions as a wolf.

I realize my role is sketch (especially after the apparent attack attempt on Trilt overnight), but in addition to her own statement that she doesn't have a kill avoidance, I'd like to make it clear that my role is not even exactly a "death avoidance" either. I have *a chance* of avoiding night kills, verbatim. I can just post it all if wanted, I already pretty much posted the meat of it whenever I revealed. Pretty to-the-point.