The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't really have many feels towards you specifically (who knows what this means for your affiliation...my feels don't mean anything this game so far). Just between you and kata and cheat and lotf, looking at you as a group and at who was voting for you, I would rather have voted you than kata or lotf. And of course after the whole cheat situation...yeah. But really I wanted someone to join me on Zen. Anyway I'll be recalibrating again but I do still have those trilt feels that I'm trying to work out.
Ah, ok. I gotcha.

I still wish there was more interest for Kara, but I think LOTF was one of the few people interested in going that direction over the past few days...

Members don't see this ad.

I just remember vividly getting a very beautifully phrased verbal smacking from Lupin in the first proper game I wolfed that basically came down to "STFU." Lol.

Sounds dirty.

What are you going on about? I've more than once mentioned that I think you're acting like yourself/confused. Seems pretty par for course for a new player.

And get off my ass. I have an hour commute. Shockingly, I don't post while driving.
Can you give a more complete idea of who you have in your wolfy column now that your tunnel is dead and was a villager?

I think I figured out what's been bugging me (and why I haven't been able to put you solidly in village like I usually do when you're villaging), and this post is a good example. You gave lip service to posting your reads when you're able to be here. Which is great. But really you've been hyperfocusing on a couple of players, with maybe a line or two here or there on others that you just raise an eyebrow at or call sketchy without saying much else about it. Know you've been busy but I would expect you, who get on everyone about using the time they have to do village work, to practice what you preach. Just feel like I have much less of a clear picture of where you stand on most of the players in the game than I usually do, and that worries me.

Also something that stood out to me was this post
Getting caught up and getting mildly annoyed with this myself. Just because Lupin is a wolf doesn't mean we don't need to discuss anyone else; this is why I hold onto seer or tracking results until later in the day if I get them - if not only to allow discussion, but also to allow the wolf to talk a little bit more, lynch someone, etc.
Because you didn't really go on to bring much of anything up about anyone else yourself. Just a little non-committal comment on something lyra said.

Reactions: 1 user
Come at me brah!
093ea-10838293_570800723064388_975782220_n.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Well that day end was interesting to read to say the least.

Why the sudden change? Though if vmh is village, I may just have to vote for anyone snowy protects from now on! :p

What? You are voting for people I'm protecting if they are village? o_O

(But to be fair, I have a rep at being really good at protecting wolves, so might be a good strategy if that's what you were meaning)

The wolves will kill me tonight anyways.

mmm... yeah probably not. I mean you aren't as strong a confirmed villager as some and noobs are good to keep to the end because they are easier to trick (at least that seems to be the night kill strategy so far)

I am young Nala. If any of you paid any attention to anything other than your stupid freaking lists of who you feel leans what way based on tiny nuances of text that literally mean nothing 3/4 of the time, you would have spotted that I referenced that after one of the write ups where someone questioned the inclusion of lions playing together.

Eh, I saw your post and it was vague enough it could have meant a few things and could easily have been a wolf trick (I realize I am talking to the dead right now).

Wow, that was a clusterf***. Definitely thinking cheat is just a confused noob villager at this point. I'd still like to go back to kata tomorrow, not sure how I feel about that role claim.

Can you give a more complete idea of who you have in your wolfy column now that your tunnel is dead and was a villager?

I think I figured out what's been bugging me (and why I haven't been able to put you solidly in village like I usually do when you're villaging), and this post is a good example. You gave lip service to posting your reads when you're able to be here. Which is great. But really you've been hyperfocusing on a couple of players, with maybe a line or two here or there on others that you just raise an eyebrow at or call sketchy without saying much else about it. Know you've been busy but I would expect you, who get on everyone about using the time they have to do village work, to practice what you preach. Just feel like I have much less of a clear picture of where you stand on most of the players in the game than I usually do, and that worries me.

Also something that stood out to me was this post

Because you didn't really go on to bring much of anything up about anyone else yourself. Just a little non-committal comment on something lyra said.
Excuses, (then real reads):
I'm a little burnt out. I was frustrated in the period game because people weren't engaging much, I got tired of it all, slacked off as a mod, did a lot of closes late and forgot things and just got... over it for a bit. Then did the speed game, was amused, kind of perked myself up enough that I was able to be convinced to play this game. I shouldn't have. This week has been an absolute ****show, I'm physically and mentally exhausted, and I know I'm not being myself. I don't feel like myself in real life, either.

I've been trying not to make excuses and just get in when I can. It has been... only partially successful.

Reads:
First of all, I don't think you should call LotF a "tunnel." That implies, imo, that I'm reading things that she said as sketchy no matter what. She gave us nothing. Literally posted more about being busy or bitching about people calling for reads than actually submitting to the game. If she'd given anything near a half decent defense and I stayed on her, okay, I'll take it. But she didn't. And people who don't try at all, I lynch. And I stay on their lynches until I'm convinced otherwise.

Beyond her:
Karabou has been stepping up in suspicions. Today's lynch was a great example of why; an early morning post that just sort of echoed my comments about you and the MJ lynch, then just a vote dropped for Deva.
Jilary, as she's kind of dropped a lot of fluff and a lot of soft defending/supporting people (which is super easy to do as a wolf).
Lyra. The role claim made me back off, but the defense from Lupin and her sketchy af comments throughout the game still have her on my list.

Wolfy neutral -> village-y neutral:
Deva, Kata, 3m, DVMD, Zen

Village-ish:
You, AM, Pippy, VMH, Snowy, cheat

Right now I'm feeling like my vote will probably go Jil or Kara tomorrow, although every day Lyra keeps living, my suspicions keep inching up.

What are you all doing to my beautiful, happy, Lion King thread?! If I have nightmares tonight it's all yall's fault.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The southerner in me has to correct this from "all you all's fault" to "all y'all's fault".
I also clicked the notification of this quote with great hesitation because I was afraid I was tagged in more creepiness. But really please don't do that.

Reactions: 2 users
I had a PM item yesterday that let me set up a PM with a player of my choice. Used it with Pippy, and that PM is still active today. We really haven't discussed much - I picked Pippy because she discussed items earlier, and because I haven't been paying enough attention to get good villager reads.

So this PM item keeps pms open? So pippy and kata each have an open PM to Zen/ny?

Excuses, (then real reads):
I'm a little burnt out. I was frustrated in the period game because people weren't engaging much, I got tired of it all, slacked off as a mod, did a lot of closes late and forgot things and just got... over it for a bit. Then did the speed game, was amused, kind of perked myself up enough that I was able to be convinced to play this game. I shouldn't have. This week has been an absolute ****show, I'm physically and mentally exhausted, and I know I'm not being myself. I don't feel like myself in real life, either.

I've been trying not to make excuses and just get in when I can. It has been... only partially successful.

Reads:
First of all, I don't think you should call LotF a "tunnel." That implies, imo, that I'm reading things that she said as sketchy no matter what. She gave us nothing. Literally posted more about being busy or bitching about people calling for reads than actually submitting to the game. If she'd given anything near a half decent defense and I stayed on her, okay, I'll take it. But she didn't. And people who don't try at all, I lynch. And I stay on their lynches until I'm convinced otherwise.

Beyond her:
Karabou has been stepping up in suspicions. Today's lynch was a great example of why; an early morning post that just sort of echoed my comments about you and the MJ lynch, then just a vote dropped for Deva.
Jilary, as she's kind of dropped a lot of fluff and a lot of soft defending/supporting people (which is super easy to do as a wolf).
Lyra. The role claim made me back off, but the defense from Lupin and her sketchy af comments throughout the game still have her on my list.

Wolfy neutral -> village-y neutral:
Deva, Kata, 3m, DVMD, Zen

Village-ish:
You, AM, Pippy, VMH, Snowy, cheat

Right now I'm feeling like my vote will probably go Jil or Kara tomorrow, although every day Lyra keeps living, my suspicions keep inching up.
You're pullin at my feels trout. I'll probably have to read again later to be more objective.

Will say my tongue in cheek comments aren't coming across super well...need more emojis. I should have added a " :p " after the tunnel comment (though I do think you were tunneling a little. It's ok. It wasn't without merit).

Anyone else find it weird dvmd has 4 pages of posts? :eek: I don't think she normally talks this much.

Anyone else find it weird dvmd has 4 pages of posts? :eek: I don't think she normally talks this much.

She did say she had a string of days off
I like chatty DVMD!

I like chatty DVMD, too, but not enough for me to move her out of neutral territory. She swung back to her normal aggressive style today, but also turned up the lulz in equal measure. I don't really know what to make of it, to be honest

I like chatty DVMD, too, but not enough for me to move her out of neutral territory. She swung back to her normal aggressive style today, but also turned up the lulz in equal measure. I don't really know what to make of it, to be honest
The lulz make me happy though. I miss the lulz when everyone is all serious :(

She did say she had a string of days off
I like chatty DVMD!

Ah K makes sense (I'm mean I'm one to talk, I've had quite a few days off and have probably made more then my fair share of imput). I mean I like chatterbox dvmd, I'm just not used to it.

She is still one of the top on my wolf list for weird/sketch interactions with people. And no one vouching for her. And by my process of elimination of role stuff which fails way more times then I want to admit :laugh:

Well @cheathac if you can choose who to protect: wz, lyra, or yourself. I will go for kata, trilt, vmh, or myself. Not that these guys have important roles, but I would like to keep villagers alive and there are probably 2 kills tonight based on the EON strategy.

And if kata can use her shot tomorrow, that would make me feel a lot better about her.

Well @cheathac if you can choose who to protect: wz, lyra, or yourself. I will go for kata, trilt, vmh, or myself. Not that these guys have important roles, but I would like to keep villagers alive and there are probably 2 kills tonight based on the EON strategy.

And if kata can use her shot tomorrow, that would make me feel a lot better about her.

This just helps wolves. Sigh.