Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
where can we on the application indicate that we are retaking the DAT exam? because there is this self report section ???

Members don't see this ad.

The $1100 is your total for the ADEA AADSAS application to be sent to the schools of your choice. IF the schools you apply to like what they initially see, they'll send you an invitation to complete their own secondary application, which has an additional cost of like $30-$100.
oi.. okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm a reapplicant, and I was under the assumption that I'd be able to transfer information from last years application to this one. It seems with the updated system this isn't the case, or am I missing something here?

That being said, does this mean I have to:

a) Manually put in my individual grades again (not paying the absurd amount to have them do it for me)
b) Pay for my university to send official transcripts AGAIN

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I'm a reapplicant, and I was under the assumption that I'd be able to transfer information from last years application to this one. It seems with the updated system this isn't the case, or am I missing something here?

That being said, does this mean I have to:

a) Manually put in my individual grades again (not paying the absurd amount to have them do it for me)
b) Pay for my university to send official transcripts AGAIN

Thanks.
You have do everything all over again for this cycle because they have new platform.

For everyone in same situation as me: I took the DAT last yJuly and have not retaken it, so I wanted to know if I needed to pay to send my official DAT scores to schools. I called the number at the bottom of the AADSAS application and the representative told me that I did not need to pay, and that the official DAT scores should be visible in AADSAS sometime in the next few days . If someone in the same situation would like to affirm this by calling AADSAS with the same question, I'm sure we would all appreciate it :)

Can I input my grades from an unofficial transcript to AADSAS? I just went to order my transcript from my university and they said the official transcript would not be available until June 16th. Going to my community college rn to order transcripts from there, hopefully I won't run into the same issue and I can just send out an official transcript from there today and then input grades via the unofficial

Letters of Rec requirement is so disorganized lol

The ADEA guide book says one thing, School websites say another

for example, Midwestern AZ website says it needs 3 letters and 2 letters on the SAME web page

For everyone in same situation as me: I took the DAT last yJuly and have not retaken it, so I wanted to know if I needed to pay to send my official DAT scores to schools. I called the number at the bottom of the AADSAS application and the representative told me that I did not need to pay, and that the official DAT scores should be visible in AADSAS sometime in the next few days . If someone in the same situation would like to affirm this by calling AADSAS with the same question, I'm sure we would all appreciate it :)
If you checked off all the school when you signed up for DAT then you dont have to pay or do anything.

Can I input my grades from an unofficial transcript to AADSAS? I just went to order my transcript from my university and they said the official transcript would not be available until June 16th. Going to my community college rn to order transcripts from there, hopefully I won't run into the same issue and I can just send out an official transcript from there today and then input grades via the unofficial
Yes unofficial transcript is fine. I entered wrong grades and stuff last year and they ended up fixing everything LOL

Letters of Rec requirement is so disorganized lol

The ADEA guide book says one thing, School websites say another

for example, Midwestern AZ website says it needs 3 letters and 2 letters on the SAME web page
If you have 2 science, 1 non-science, and a dentist that should fulfill the requirement for 95% of schools.

If you have 2 science, 1 non-science, and a dentist that should fulfill the requirement for 95% of schools.
Yeah I feel that. It's just so weird how its not really concrete anywhere lol Almost like you can't even trust the websites/they may be outdated. I have 2 science and a Dentist, I'll try to add a non science.

Members don't see this ad :)

They recommend using the official transcript because they'll be using that to verify what you've manually typed upon submission. They do not recommend using an unofficial transcript in case the class title isn't exactly the same as it appears on the official transcript. If there's a discrepancy between official transcript and manual typing, they'll kick your application back for you to fix, which further slows down everything.

Someone above said that they'll just fix it for you but I personally wouldn't rely on that possibility.

Reactions: 1 user
I have 3 sciences and 1 dentist... is this something i should be worried about?

what if one semester i did research for credit and in other semesters I did research on a volunteer or hourly wage basis? can i list the second two in my experiences section?

Yes, the first semester would be in your Transcript Entry and the second two semesters could be listed in the Experiences section.

If I'm planning to retake the DAT (after I submit app), do I need to write past scores or what?

Just got the emails from Interfolio today, FYI their website is a bit on the weird side when it comes to payment, so if you encounter a message of "Oops! A server error has occurred. Sorry." change your browser, I had to alternate from Firefox to Chrome when inputting credit card information and then to confirm the payment. Once you confirm the payment you should get email conformations of the letters being sent out. On the Interfolio website it says it takes 1-3 business days for the letters to be uploaded onto AADSAS

Link for step by step help for Interfolio: Upload Letters to an Online Application System | Help for Dossier & Portfolio | Help Center

Pic of what the tab should look like after you pay.

Hey, I didn't get any email yet and I sent them yesterday. Should I call them?

If I mentioned an activity in my personal statement should I just omit it from the experiences section as to not repeat information?

No, it's fine to mention it in the Personal Statement. Just don't repeat info between experience types or coursework and experiences.

When uploading an Interfolio LOR, is the personal message/note supposed to be marked as n/a?

When uploading an Interfolio LOR, is the personal message/note supposed to be marked as n/a?
I don't think it matters. N/A should do. I just put "interfolio"

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Does anyone use the 600 characters provided to describe their shadowing experience? I don't know what else to say besides "I observed xyz procedures"

Does anyone use the 600 characters provided to describe their shadowing experience? I don't know what else to say besides "I observed xyz procedures"
No Lol, be straightforward, they dont have time to read 600 words for every entries.

No Lol, be straightforward, they dont have time to read 600 words for every entries.
Okay, good! I was worried that my explanations were too simple. Thanks!

So some school supp apps are telling me my AADSAS ID needs to be 11 digits long when it's 10 and refusing to let me proceed for that, and then I think BU it was but don't quote me, has an endless loop for its supplemental app as in the link to pay leads to the home page, anyone more experienced than me know what to do ?

Personally, I have been. I am trying to tie together both what I did, as well as any potential benefits of doing that thing. It's longer, sure, but I figure they care about the impacts these experiences have had to at least some degree? I don't know... I could very well be wrong lol

Think of those shadowing/work descriptions just like how they would be on a resume. You have to turn a very mundane task into the best thing ever.

I called them about that too, I was glad to hear haha. It would have cost me $36 per school if I had to re-send them :/

So I'm assuming in order to e-submit we have to fill out the 'questions' section (aka secondary app) for each school? Or am I wrong and we can e-submit then answer all the secondary essays?

This has probably been asked, but on my transcript, it shows the research project I took in the fall as CTN (continued) since the actual credit and grade appears in the winter. But the course is still listed in the fall semester in my transcript. So I would put "0" for the credit but what do I put for grade? It wont let me put CTN since its too long.

So I'm assuming in order to e-submit we have to fill out the 'questions' section (aka secondary app) for each school? Or am I wrong and we can e-submit then answer all the secondary essays?
\

I don't know the answer to this but this could mean the difference between submitting tomorrow or like 2 weeks from now for me...

If I had experience with something like a wax workshop (which was offered by a pre-dental society) - would it be better to list that as a separate experience, or does a small blurb about it in the Description of my Pre-Dental Society experience suffice?

Do we just enter out dentpin into aadsas for the DAT section or do we need to contact ADA and have it be sent or something? How does it work?

Do you think this is true? That's gonna push back when I send in my application big time...
Yes, unfortunately this is true. I called AADSAS and asked 3 different people just to make sure and they all said the same lol. It's also mentioned in the AADSAS Guide. You have to answer all questions in order to e-submit. :(

I'd say give it until Monday because that's the next business day, then give them a call

Ok thanks man! I'll do that. I sent an email a few hours anyways but I'll wait it out. I'm not in a huge rush for the letters to be sent, just wana know they actually received the request from AADSAS.

My school requires everyone to take a foreign language and math. It shows on my transcript that I tested out of both those requirements, however I obviously dont have a grade for them. How do I enter them in my application if there is no grade associated with it?

Just to let people know AADSAS is already receiving my letters from interfolio.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reapplicant here. I was wondering if we had to send an official transcript AGAIN. Also how long would using interfolio take to send letters?

Anyone marathoned through the application yet?
almost there....except for the endless secondary questions haha. None of my letters got submitted yet though, which is weird because I sent them the request yesterday and they haven't confirmed that they've received it.

Do we have to list the classes we plan to take during Fall 2017 even if we plan on dropping a couple? They will show up on my current transcript like I am planning to take them but, I know in reality I will drop at least one.

Reapplicant here. I was wondering if we had to send an official transcript AGAIN. Also how long would using interfolio take to send letters?

Like I said, mine are all uploaded already.

Is it bad if you can't list the organization address, or your supervisor information in experiences? Note: Some of those places are closed down/not in contact with them anymore.

Reactions: 1 users