Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Personally, I have been. I am trying to tie together both what I did, as well as any potential benefits of doing that thing. It's longer, sure, but I figure they care about the impacts these experiences have had to at least some degree? I don't know... I could very well be wrong lol
That's really interesting! Did you work in the dental clinic? I don't see how just shadowing your dentist while they did a filling could have potential benefits. I'm trying to get an idea on how to expand my dental shadowing experiences. Thanks for your response!

Members don't see this ad.

Holy ****. Anyone else absolutely HATE the new transcript entry system?! So much worse than last year. Anyways, my question: what is the difference between GRADE and CAS GRADE?

Reactions: 1 user
The $1100 is your total for the ADEA AADSAS application to be sent to the schools of your choice. IF the schools you apply to like what they initially see, they'll send you an invitation to complete their own secondary application, which has an additional cost of like $30-$100.
That's how much it costs to submit the application?!

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate that they have this separate "Achievements" section now. Am I the only one that doesn't really have anything to put there despite having a lot of other EC activities?
You can put Dean's list!

What subject does Research Strategies/Technology fall under? It's one of those bull**** 1 credit required courses to learn how the university online system works/how to research articles/ etc. I can't find a subject to label it

Yes, unfortunately this is true. I called AADSAS and asked 3 different people just to make sure and they all said the same lol. It's also mentioned in the AADSAS Guide. You have to answer all questions in order to e-submit. :(

Do we have to do this for all schools at once? Or can we apply one by one as they are finished?

Does anyone know what subject a first year seminar would go under? Also, would a summer term between my sophomore and junior year be classified as sophomore or junior?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what subject a first year seminar would go under? Also, would a summer term between my sophomore and junior year be classified as sophomore or junior?
Why the new platform so complicated?

Reactions: 2 users
I'd classified mines as sophomore.

I selected "Special Topics" as the subject for my freshman seminar.

Do you put what semesters you got Dean's list or just put Dean's list?
I would put all the semesters, or "all semesters, except..."

Any idea if/where one should list their membership in professional societies (e.g. national honors/research societies)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone using their unofficial transcript to fill out their classes? Also, when is the latest I can submit my app and still be considered early? Does it make a huge difference if I submit it on June 7th vs tomorrow?

Is anyone using their unofficial transcript to fill out their classes? Also, when is the latest I can submit my app and still be considered early? Does it make a huge difference if I submit it on June 7th vs tomorrow?
Unofficial should contain the same grades/information, so you're good to go. The first round of apps goes out 2-3 weeks into the cycle I believe. I would say submitting by the end of June is the absolute latest you should shoot for.

Do we have to do this for all schools at once? Or can we apply one by one as they are finished?
I would assume one by one because you technically only need to choose 1 school in order to submit to AADSAS, and then you can add more schools whenever.

It keeps saying error when I try to delete a college in the 'colleges attended' section... frustrating. I have been trying to delete on different computers and browsers for the past hour.
I've been having issues having my information saved and tried on different browsers and computers too...did you find a solution?

That's really interesting! Did you work in the dental clinic? I don't see how just shadowing your dentist while they did a filling could have potential benefits. I'm trying to get an idea on how to expand my dental shadowing experiences. Thanks for your response!
It was not paid work, no. But I did do a lot of hands-on stuff - assisting, some sterilization, etc. The main thing I tried to talk about with regards to that experience was forming relationships with the patients. It was a clinic that saw mostly underprivileged kids, so I was able to expound on that a bit.

I would assume one by one because you technically only need to choose 1 school in order to submit to AADSAS, and then you can add more schools whenever.

Ah thank you! Once you submit one school, you can still work on the Program Materials section for other schools?

Anyone know if AADSAS will accept secure electronic transcripts? My school offers this to shorten delivery time...

They should. They did last cycle when I applied and I just sent another through my schools system. If the system your school uses has AADSAS in their records then it should be fine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

From the website: Academic history : GoDental
ADEA AADSAS only accepts transcripts electronically from the Credentials Solutions and Parchment electronic transcript services. If your school does not use these services, you must provide your transcripts to ADEA AADSAS via paper mail using the instructions above.

CREDENTIALS SOLUTIONS:

Click here to see if your school offers the Credentials Solutions Service: https://www.credentials-inc.com/cgi-bin/dvcgitp.pgm?ALUMTROLIAISN

If your school does participate, please follow this link for instructions on how to proceed: http://www.transcriptsplus.net/order

PARCHMENT:

Click here to see if your school offers the Parchment Service: http://www.parchment.com/all-schools/

If your school does participate, please follow this link for instructions on how to proceed: http://www.parchment.com/order/

Reactions: 2 users
From the website: Academic history : GoDental
ADEA AADSAS only accepts transcripts electronically from the Credentials Solutions and Parchment electronic transcript services. If your school does not use these services, you must provide your transcripts to ADEA AADSAS via paper mail using the instructions above.

CREDENTIALS SOLUTIONS:

Click here to see if your school offers the Credentials Solutions Service: https://www.credentials-inc.com/cgi-bin/dvcgitp.pgm?ALUMTROLIAISN

If your school does participate, please follow this link for instructions on how to proceed: http://www.transcriptsplus.net/order

PARCHMENT:

Click here to see if your school offers the Parchment Service: http://www.parchment.com/all-schools/

If your school does participate, please follow this link for instructions on how to proceed: http://www.parchment.com/order/
Thanks for that more thorough answers. All of my schools luckily use credential solutions.

Thanks for that more thorough answers. All of my schools luckily use credential solutions.

Lucky, mines don't :( Snail mail for me

When adding a license, should you put the date when you first received it or when you renewed it?

So this cycle do we wait for emails that request money for the supplementals? Like UOP for instance you can pay instantly through their website.

Ah thank you! Once you submit one school, you can still work on the Program Materials section for other schools?
I believe so, but I'm not 100% positive since I haven't submitted yet. I would call and ask AADSAS to be sure!

Another thing about secondaries... the school websites ask for an 11 digit aadsas # but I only have a 10 digit #

That's how much it costs to submit the application?!

It's around $249 to submit your application to the first school and then around another $99 for each additional school. So the total cost to submit just your ADEA AADSAS application depends on how many schools you want to apply to. Keep in mind this cost does NOT account for secondary application fees required by specific schools.

What should go under Academic Enrichment? I took an online course to become a registered DA, does that count? And i was student group leader for a course where i led my own study group?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'd put that under licenses if you're a DA

When adding a license, should you put the date when you first received it or when you renewed it?
I'd use it when it was first issued. Shows you've had it for a while. You can maybe specify it got renewed

I have a question regarding transcript entry. If there is a course listed on my transcript that has zero credits, do I have to include it?
Also, for pass/fail course, do I type in CR for pass?

Took a strategic college success course... it was a freshie requirement; not too sure what this would classify under

For Achievements, if I choose to list scholarships, is it meaningful to include the value of the scholarship? The name alone may not mean much. Also, if Deans' List is a better thing to list, and I have it for multiple semesters, should I just include those in the description section?

Man... some of these schools need to add a higher character count to their supplemental apps. How do you expect me to answer such a loaded question in 500 characters?

My school requires everyone to take a foreign language and math. It shows on my transcript that I tested out of both those requirements, however I obviously dont have a grade for them. How do I enter them in my application if there is no grade associated with it?

Write CR. Also there is a video you can watch on the site that explains how to properly enter your courses.

For Achievements, if I choose to list scholarships, is it meaningful to include the value of the scholarship? The name alone may not mean much. Also, if Deans' List is a better thing to list, and I have it for multiple semesters, should I just include those in the description section?
I would probably leave the value out. As far as Dean's list, I provided the range of dates that I received the recognition in the description section.

I have a question regarding transcript entry. If there is a course listed on my transcript that has zero credits, do I have to include it?
Also, for pass/fail course, do I type in CR for pass?

How to enter a CLEP course??

For both of these, enter the exact course title and description, then for grade use CR. There's a "how-to" video on the left side of the page that explains what to do in these situations.

Any idea on what we should use as our "title" under the experience details section for dental shadowing? (my most accurate title would probably be "quiet girl standing in the corner and trying not to get in the way")

If I took 2 courses at a community college, one during the summer (2015) and the other during winter break (2015-2016), how would I enter this on the schools attended section?

I've been having issues having my information saved and tried on different browsers and computers too...did you find a solution?

I ended up having to just call them and have them delete it.

Is it okay to submit the application while a committee letter is in the requested stage or should I wait until it is uploaded?

Any idea on what we should use as our "title" under the experience details section for dental shadowing? (my most accurate title would probably be "quiet girl standing in the corner and trying not to get in the way")
In the application instructions they say "If you did not have an official title, you enter the type of activity you did; for example, “Dentist Shadow” or “Nurse Shadow,” etc."

I took a combo math class worth 5 credits; pre-calculus and trigonometry... should I just label this as mathematics or trigonometry.... or something else

When entering dental shadowing into experiences, you have to pick type of recognition which includes "compensated", "received academic credit", or "volunteer". What do I put for this since shadowing is technically none of these since I was not paid, didn't receive academic credit, and I wasn't really volunteering I was just observing?

When entering dental shadowing into experiences, you have to pick type of recognition which includes "compensated", "received academic credit", or "volunteer". What do I put for this since shadowing is technically none of these since I was not paid, didn't receive academic credit, and I wasn't really volunteering I was just observing?

Since you have to check a box, volunteering would be closest. That's what I did.

Last edited:
Well, it's that time again- AADSAS opens tomorrow, and the inevitable flood of questions will soon follow. Instead of spamming the board, I thought it would be nice to carry on the tradition of a centralized thread for random questions you may have. I will do my best to answer questions, but I'm sure many other rising D1s and current students can fill in the gaps! Good luck to all applicants, these next 6 months will be a journey!

If I submitted my application June 1st and my recommenders still haven't submitted their letters should I be worried about my application being delayed?

I'd use it when it was first issued. Shows you've had it for a while. You can maybe specify it got renewed
Thank you, this is for a DA license.

If I took a nursing assisting class (1 semester), and was in a dental assisting program (1 year), would I say that I was double majoring? I received certificates for both.