Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What should I do about the DENTPIN?
I'm a Canadian student who completed the cDAT last year and as a result, I don't have a DENTPIN. I tried inputting my DAT ID# but the field rejected it.

Members don't see this ad.

Do precollege grades count towards prerequisites? I took modern biology lab in the precollege program my junior summer of high school. I know attend that same high school and that grade still appears on my transcript. I can use that to fulfill my prerequisite since I use it to fulfill my major prereq at the college as well correct?

Also some schools require a lab for bio I and bio II? my school doesnt have a bio I and bio II.. for bio II i just added a higher level bio course but what do i do for the lab course? Can i just use the same lab course I used for bio I or do i need a different one?

Members don't see this ad :)
2 years ago, my history professor wrote me a beautiful Letter of Recommendation. He printed it and gave it to me with his signature and everything, can I use it in my application? He is like a chair of the department of history. He never mentioned Dentistry or anything, he talked about me as a person.

Also, can I add being a member of anime club somewhere in the app?

Last edited:
Hi, can I start my application today, fill some of the info, and save it to submit it later ( 1 month from now)? or will my info disappear?
also, can I send my transcripts from that college I attended before submitting my app?
and if so, how can I send it?

Thanks!

1) Yeah, you can make as many edits before you hit the submit button.
2) Yup, you can send the transcripts before submitting the app. Your college should have instructions on how to order an official transcript. Follow their directions. Make sure you tell the registrar to send the transcript matching form along with your transcript.

Reactions: 1 user
1) Yeah, you can make as many edits before you hit the submit button.
2) Yup, you can send the transcripts before submitting the app. Your college should have instructions on how to order an official transcript. Follow their directions. Make sure you tell the registrar to send the transcript matching form along with your transcript.
Thank you, the matching form I would get if I fill my courses section, right?

I hate that they have this separate "Achievements" section now. Am I the only one that doesn't really have anything to put there despite having a lot of other EC activities?

Reactions: 2 users
I hate that they have this separate "Achievements" section now. Am I the only one that doesn't really have anything to put there despite having a lot of other EC activities?
You are not the only one.

So it looks like we can apply to each school individually now?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This is a stupid question but:

I checked some schools' requirements on their website and it says they require 3 quarters of a specific subject (i.e. General chemistry). However, on the program materials section for that school, there is an additional sentence about 15 required credits. If I have 3 quarter classes, but they only add up to 13 credits, does this mean I don't qualify?

Anyone else having trouble submitting the application? For some reason when I fill out the Environmental Factors section there's a glitch that doesn't let you save your response for "Relatives in Dentistry"...sigh...

When entering transcript grades and the course is basically one of those student taught courses you take for fun that dont count for your grade, do we just select test credit - no subject?

Just to be clear for course entry: Since there is no "Other Science" and "Non Science" categories for course subject, should we just add the course as whatever we think it should be? Ex: Piano should be listed as Music, Science Human Nutrition listed as Nutrition.

at my school organic chemistry is CHEM 261, for subject do i put this under chemistry or organic chemistry?

same questions for bio, BIO 566 was Comparative Physiology, for subject do i put this under just bio or physiology?

I am a lil lost. thanks for any help!

Also need to know this...
I took a lot of student taught courses and for now I just put whatever subject it was closest to like Public Health or Exercise Physio if the class was a seminar or about fitness.

I'm not sure what to do about courses like "Aging of the Human Brain" if I took that class as Public Health XX but it was also offered as Neuroscience XX. Would I just put it under biology?

The payment doesn't appear on Interfolio, that's the only issue.
do I use the same email for interfolio to start my application?
I mean can I use different email than the one I used in interfolio

Members don't see this ad :)
i am a junior currently applying and am taking the entire physics series my senior year. when matching up prerequisite courses to the transcripts, do i just click on "I am not matching any courses to this prerequisite"?
it obviously seems like i don't have any other option, but i'm not sure how to signal that i intend on taking it in the coming semesters and i really hope it won't count against me

Hey guys,I want to ask a question about FAP
If I did not file a tax return because I didn't work last year and I was a dependent of my parents...do I need to write a letter explaining this?

Hey guys! I have two questions-- Is there a separate process for submitting transcripts to ADEA AADSAS outside of the service they advertise for filling out grades in the application? And are all the supplemental questions listed under each school? I can't tell if some schools literally don't have a secondary or if there is one but you have to find it elsewhere? Sorry if these are dumb questions lol I'm naturally very anxious about making a mistake in this process :p good luck, all!

Hey guys! I have two questions-- Is there a separate process for submitting transcripts to ADEA AADSAS outside of the service they advertise for filling out grades in the application? And are all the supplemental questions listed under each school? I can't tell if some schools literally don't have a secondary or if there is one but you have to find it elsewhere? Sorry if these are dumb questions lol I'm naturally very anxious about making a mistake in this process :p good luck, all!

Wait, in an attempt to answer my own question, the questions for each school are only supplemental but not necessarily the actual secondary because those come later after screening/they receive your app--is this right?

1) What's the best way to put multiple shadow opportunities all underneath one experience?

2) do you input transfer credits on both the initial school you took it at and underneath the school you transferred it to?

Last edited:
Quick question: I took the DAT last summer, and I checked all the schools in the US for scores to be sent to. I just started the AADSAS app today, but do I need to do anything else to send my DAT scores to schools besides input my Dentpin on the application? Will the application upload my scores automatically, or do I need to log back into ADA and send my scores to each school? Sos

Reactions: 1 users
Quick question: I took the DAT last summer, and I checked all the schools in the US for scores to be sent to. I just started the AADSAS app today, but do I need to do anything else to send my DAT scores to schools besides input my Dentpin on the application? Will the application upload my scores automatically, or do I need to log back into ADA and send my scores to each school? Sos
No, You are good to go. GL

Anyone else having trouble submitting the application? For some reason when I fill out the Environmental Factors section there's a glitch that doesn't let you save your response for "Relatives in Dentistry"...sigh...
Same, there's a glitch in environmental factors section that doesn't let me save anything sigh

Sorry if this was already asked but for the transcript entry section of the AADSAS app, how does converting your grade work meaning do I enter a numerical grade or letter grade? I ask because my school gives us a numerical grade, but I wasnt sure if I'm suppose to use university's scale to convert all my numerical grades to a letter grade. Also, this conversion scale is given on my official transcript

Hey just a few questions here!

1.) When inputting prereqs for each individual school on the "Program Materials" section should we input all applicable classes? (Some schools make the distinction of Biology I/II or General Bio, For schools that didn't highlight whether or not just to put general I put in lower division and upper division classes I happened to take.)
2.) I can't seem to find the appropriate information or section in the portal to actually send my official transcripts to, is this a feature for after submission?(I understand there is a cover sheet required that contains our AADSAS ID?)
3.) Is there a need to upload confirmation of shadowing/volunteer hours? If so where?
4.) For the school specific questions, should we treat them as if they're mini personal statements? (Essay versus few sentences for answering "Why did you chose us...")
5.) Does participating/founding a pre-health club at school count as academic enrichment,volunteer work, or extracurricular activities? (I helped to create a chapter of an international medical volunteer group, but never went overseas.)

Last edited:
Would your research and publication under "academic enrichment"?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I know there's a specific selection for research, perhaps in your brief description put that you were published as well? I would think the achievement section would be appropriate for the publication, but the sections are either awards, honors, or scholarships.

For the "Experiences" section, if you don't know the exact day when you started/ended, can I just put the day as 1 ("July 1", "May 1" for example). I know the starting month, but not the exact day. AADSAS or schools won't hunt me down for the wrong date, right? lol

Reactions: 2 users
Do the courses you list have to be in the exact order as written on the transcript? Like for each semester, or does it matter what order you write them, just as long as they are written correctly and in the right semester?

Was it ever decided if general chemistry's subject should be inorganic chemistry or intro to chemistry?

Do the courses you list have to be in the exact order as written on the transcript? Like for each semester, or does it matter what order you write them, just as long as they are written correctly and in the right semester?

I'd imagine it's not necessary so long as all the information is present and correct, but it does make double checking for you and perhaps an evaluator much simpler so why not?

What "Status" would you put for a volunteer or EC activity? "Part time", "temporary", or "per diem"??

Reactions: 3 users
For the activities section, are we supposed to list our duties and responsibilities or write a short essay type thing?

If I mentioned an activity in my personal statement should I just omit it from the experiences section as to not repeat information?

Hey, everyone!
Quick question about individual fees... When I selected the schools I wanted to apply to at the beginning of the application, I was quoted something like $1100. Then when I was going through the supplemental applications and adding my courses to the individual school prereqs, I noticed all the little payments to each school. Should the $75 application fee to school X Y and Z be included in the $1100 I was quoted, or is that ANOTHER payment?

Just got the emails from Interfolio today, FYI their website is a bit on the weird side when it comes to payment, so if you encounter a message of "Oops! A server error has occurred. Sorry." change your browser, I had to alternate from Firefox to Chrome when inputting credit card information and then to confirm the payment. Once you confirm the payment you should get email conformations of the letters being sent out. On the Interfolio website it says it takes 1-3 business days for the letters to be uploaded onto AADSAS

Link for step by step help for Interfolio: Upload Letters to an Online Application System | Help for Dossier & Portfolio | Help Center

Pic of what the tab should look like after you pay.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 9.01.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 9.01.33 AM.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 64
Just got the emails from Interfolio today, FYI their website is a bit on the weird side when it comes to payment, so if you encounter a message of "Oops! A server error has occurred. Sorry." change your browser, I had to alternate from Firefox to Chrome when inputting credit card information and then to confirm the payment. Once you confirm the payment you should get email conformations of the letters being sent out. On the Interfolio website it says it takes 1-3 business days for the letters to be uploaded onto AADSAS

Link for step by step help for Interfolio: Upload Letters to an Online Application System | Help for Dossier & Portfolio | Help Center
Yeah, I always got the emails from interfolio. I had no problems checking them all out on chrome though.

I guess I am confused... Do we have to complete all of these questions for each school in program materials? Is this the supplemental application for each school? It seems like it... I thought we are supposed to submit the primary before the supplemental

I guess I am confused... Do we have to complete all of these questions for each school in program materials? Is this the supplemental application for each school? It seems like it... I thought we are supposed to submit the primary before the supplemental
It seems they are combined now. You definitely have to complete the questions or it won't let you submit.

Last edited:
I have taken my DAT last summer.
So how would I send official reports now? (Since I did not designate to send to any d-schools when I signed up for the DAT).

It seems they are combined now. You definitely habe to complete the questions or it won't let you submit.

Do you think this is true? That's gonna push back when I send in my application big time...

I have taken my DAT last summer.
So how would I send official reports now? (Since I did not designate to send to any d-schools when I signed up for the DAT).
If you didn't designate any I believe you have to go to the ADA DAT page and log in and designate the schools you want and pay.

Hey, everyone!
Quick question about individual fees... When I selected the schools I wanted to apply to at the beginning of the application, I was quoted something like $1100. Then when I was going through the supplemental applications and adding my courses to the individual school prereqs, I noticed all the little payments to each school. Should the $75 application fee to school X Y and Z be included in the $1100 I was quoted, or is that ANOTHER payment?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, all! new to the forum, but am excited to see so many supportive friends.

I have two questions:
1. I studied abroad junior year in a foreign country, and only received transfer credit (no grades are listed on transcript). how do I go about listing these credits? do I have to request official transcripts from the institution where I studied at?

2. My school lists the science class and lab classes separately, and the lab classes are listed as 0 credits, with no grade assigned; the lecture grade takes into consideration our lab performance. How do I enter this on my app?

THANK YOU!

I can't find the transcript request form. Does anyone have a link?

The transcript request form should originate itself when you have entered the colleges you attended/are attending. That's what I did, after I inputted the two colleges I went to, the page refreshed and originated two links that said download transcript form for college X and college Y

1) What's the best way to put multiple shadow opportunities all underneath one experience?

2) do you input transfer credits on both the initial school you took it at and underneath the school you transferred it to?

For the second question, in the "how-to" video they said to list transfer credits under the institution that they originally took place. Ex: if you took classes at a community college as a part of duel enrollment or simply prior to entering your state college, list those classes under the community college despite them also appearing on your state college transcript.

Hey, everyone!

The $1100 is your total for the ADEA AADSAS application to be sent to the schools of your choice. IF the schools you apply to like what they initially see, they'll send you an invitation to complete their own secondary application, which has an additional cost of like $30-$100.