Pikeville Kentucky (UP-KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping tomorrow is the day for the II. Been complete since 8/20...

:thumbup: 8/17 here

I sent 2 science and they accepted them.
It was 8/16 submission for me... Still waiting... not patiently.:boom:

dsoz

Members don't see this ad.

It was 8/16 submission for me... Still waiting... not patiently.:boom:

dsoz

I was complete on 8/9 and got my interview on 8/24... It's one big long waiting game guys... hang tight!

Members don't see this ad :)
i spoke with them yesterday, told me that next batch should go out next week.

gluck guys:xf:

So I've been reading through last year's thread and it seems that they only had 12 total interview days (roughly 2 a month) last cycle. That doesn't seem like a whole lot of opportunities to me.

I'm still hoping that they send out more II's today around 4pm like they did last week....

Last yr, interviews started in November and ran to early march(I think). There was a Friday and Saturday session. Fridays usually started around noonish since that's a half day for everyone

Last yr, interviews started in November and ran to early march(I think). There was a Friday and Saturday session. Fridays usually started around noonish since that's a half day for everyone

They started in September last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind that you may see over 30 people at each interview. So just because there doesn't seem to be a lot of dates doesn't mean that your not going to get an invite.

I'd go to Pikeville because that's the birthplace of Dwight Yoakam.

Does anyone know how Supplemental Fee Waiver works. I know I will be eligible for Fee waiver but whats the procedure? I tried calling and emailing them several times but no reply

Anybody else going to be there for an II on Sept 21st?

anyone have any updates on when will the II's will be out?

I thought for sure we would be getting II's today...

Anybody else going to be there for an II on Sept 21st?

I'll be there too, coming in from out of town. I've actually got all morning free before the interview. Any suggestions on how to kill the time?

I'm getting pretty impatient with waiting... hopefully they'll send some II's this week since it appears that they didn't last week.

Good luck with your interviews for the people who have them on 9/21 I'm not sure of the schedule yet but I may get to meet a few of you. For people who haven't gotten an invitation yet, don't freak out as sometimes the admissions office here gets extremely busy.

Try not to be impatient, guys. I know it sucks trying to wait around for interview invitations, but try to realize how things work on the school's end. This is prime admissions season, and the admissions committee is trying to wade through an all-time high number of applications. It's easier said than done, but try your best to sit back and enjoy the process.

Anyone have any updates from Admissions about Interviews? I thought the next batch would have already gone out by now.

I thought the same; checking last year revealed the following:

II's 9/1 for 9/30
II's 10/4 for 10/18

So I'm hoping that it's sooner than later! Although, it seems that they particularly like Fridays this cycle, late in the afternoon. But I could be totally wrong about this cycle, and it could all be a complete crapshoot.

Still Hoping and Waiting on an II...

I'm a little bummed. Granted I know it's still extremely early and if they follow the same rough timeline as last year, the next II's won't be out til early October. I would really like to see this school in person.

I'm a little bummed. Granted I know it's still extremely early and if they follow the same rough timeline as last year, the next II's won't be out til early October. I would really like to see this school in person.

Stop stressing, BabyDoc!! What do you want to bet that you will have an interview here next round? ;)

Stop stressing, BabyDoc!! What do you want to bet that you will have an interview here next round? ;)

:) Maybe. I just wonder if they've really been this slow about sending out the second batch, or if they already have and no one posted. I'm a lot less stressed out about things now.

I'll be getting into Pikeville on Thurs night, anybody have any recommendations on good places for dinner?

:) Maybe. I just wonder if they've really been this slow about sending out the second batch, or if they already have and no one posted. I'm a lot less stressed out about things now.

I bet they are really that behind. I have been complete at a lot of places for a long time and haven't heard any word. Every time I call, they say I'm still waiting to be reviewed. We have to learn to be patient lol easy to say, i know... :scared:

I'll be getting into Pikeville on Thurs night, anybody have any recommendations on good places for dinner?

If you have a few bucks to spend, check out the Blue Raven on Main Street. If you're looking for a place to grab a beer and wings, I'd recommend Bank 253 on Second Street. Depending on what time you get into town, I'd suggest driving around and taking everything in (especially if you aren't from the area). See if you could picture yourself living here for the next few years. Pikeville isn't for everyone, but if you're a small town person it's a great place to study medicine.

When was the last time that you called? Does anyone know when the dates of the upcoming interviews after the ones on Sept 21st?

Good luck to everyone interviewing with me tomorrow!

On a side note, does anyone know how to get from Hampton to coal building?

I will tell you if you tell me what the email said cuz I somehow lost my email regarding the interview. I dont even know what time to get there or where to go. I am going to just show up at 7am if I dont ever find out lol.

It is directly to the right of the Pikeville sign, that has the psalm scripture on it. Go through those doors and take the elevator to where it is we are supposed to go. If you could feel me in on the time we are to show up and where I would greatly appreciate it. Stupid gmail!

Lol yikes! But yea man they said interviwees should arrive at 1215! Thanks for the help and we are in room 701, btw!