2021-2022 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted tonight! Got the phone call around 7:00 PM!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted todayyyyy got the call at around 2 pm-ish!! Cried for an hour lol

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I looked today and there is a Facebook group for KYCOM Class of 2026. :D

Reactions: 1 user
II today! Secondary submitted 2 days ago. Can anyone give me any advice for how the interview is and how I should prepare?

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED on 11/23 via phone call from Dean Kingery!! :)
Received an Official Offer via Email earlier this afternoon!

Primary Submitted: 7/13
Secondary Received and Submitted: 7/14
App Reviewed Email Received: 7/15
II: 10/21
IA: 11/5

ACCEPTED on 11/23 via phone call from Dean Kingery!! :)
Received an Official Offer via Email earlier this afternoon!

Primary Submitted: 7/13
Secondary Received and Submitted: 7/14
App Reviewed Email Received: 7/15
II: 10/21
IA: 11/5
stats?

Is the class full? I haven't seen any recent ii.
Also did anyone get put on interview hold because of a low MCAT?

any other admitted students see that the deposit fee due date says January 7th on the portal now? My original email said it was due December 14?

Accepted late November but will be declining my acceptance offer to KYCOM to attend another program. To those waitlisted or currently waiting on an II, I hope my seat goes to one of you and wish you the best of luck during the ongoing application cycle! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I withdrew my acceptance to this school today to go somewhere else. Good luck everyone!

Just declined my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!
Hey guys,
Those of you that declined KYCOM, can you offer some insights I'm having a hard time deciding between RowanSom, KYCOM, ACOM (Alabama), and Burrell.
Thank you :)

any other admitted students see that the deposit fee due date says January 7th on the portal now? My original email said it was due December 14?
Yes, mine says that too. Did you find out anything about it ?

I emailed and it was a glitch in the system kind of, he said once people were accepted past a certain date they could pay later. So I paid it
Yes, mine says that too. Did you find out anything about it ?

Hey guys,
Those of you that declined KYCOM, can you offer some insights I'm having a hard time deciding between RowanSom, KYCOM, ACOM (Alabama), and Burrell.
Thank you :)
I declined my acceptance yesterday because I got into an MD school and decided to go that route instead. However, I applied to KYCOM, LMU-DCOM, and WVSOM and KYCOM was absolutely my number one pick. I'm from eastern KY so I may be biased, but the people at KYCOM were so welcoming and I know that they want their students to succeed. Pikeville is a fantastic place to live with minimal distractions. I can't speak to the other schools you listed but I definitely don't think KYCOM would be your worst choice by a long shot!! My declination of their offer had nothing to do with the school itself.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the A as well just now! Call from the Dean.

If anyone is interested:
Secondary Complete: 11/21
II: 11/23
IA: 12/07
A: 12/20

Fastest process I've ever had and appreciate it!

also accepted today! interviewed 12/9

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if KYCOM is still sending II/ is the class full? Been quiet on this thread for a while now...
Going off of the amount off graduates in 2021 (134 graduates) and the amount of people in the current FB group (91 people), there should be some spots still remaining...

II 1/5!! Very excited for this school!!

Does anybody know the statistics regarding in-state and out-of-state acceptances for the previous admitted class (class of 2025)? Thanks!

What was the primary reason you declined KYCOM?
I only declined because my parents live closer to the school I paid the deposit at (LMU) and I wanted to be near them. It had nothing to do with KYCOM itself. :)

II just now as well! Complete early- mid November.

can someone tell me about pikeville itself ? im freaking out because i live in NY, and cant find an airport near by that has flights out of it.. how do you travel? where are the nearest airports?

Reactions: 1 users
so i emailed adcoms in october to ask about my app, and they told me my mcat was too low (>500) and to retake if possible. I didn't retake so I emailed them today asking if I am still being considered or what not. Got a response right away saying I am not being considered and wishing me luck.
No official rejection email.

so i emailed adcoms in october to ask about my app, and they told me my mcat was too low (>500) and to retake if possible. I didn't retake so I emailed them today asking if I am still being considered or what not. Got a response right away saying I am not being considered and wishing me luck.
No official rejection email.
That's actually kind of odd. Because if looking at last year's thread, they interviewed even pretty late into the cycle. Maybe it's just a lot more competitive this year? Hard to tell.

That's actually kind of odd. Because if looking at last year's thread, they interviewed even pretty late into the cycle. Maybe it's just a lot more competitive this year? Hard to tell.
Not sure, but I didn't get the official rejection, just someone from adcoms replied and told me I'm not being considered. So idk maybe there is a chance since it wasn't an official rejection?

can someone tell me about pikeville itself ? im freaking out because i live in NY, and cant find an airport near by that has flights out of it.. how do you travel? where are the nearest airports?
The nearest airport is Lexington, KY. It’s about 2.5hrs away. Most people drive because you will need a car to get around town. Feel free to message me if you have questions. I’m a 4th year and graduating in May but can still answer questions you may have