2022-2023 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It works now maybe I had a bit of an over reaction lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly SO impressed by my interview experience today. The thoughtfulness and kindness to have a designated person in the zoom call to sort of calm your anxiety and welcome you to the interview in the waiting room before you talk to your interviewers is just.. idk man that impressed me so much.

Reactions: 7 users
How was the interview?! Im doing it on Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the interview?! Im doing it on Tuesday.

Very laid back. The director of admissions welcomed me onto the zoom call, gave me some info about my interviewer, and encouraged me to relax and have fun. Then the interviewer joined me and we spoke for about 40 minutes. No difficult questions in my experience, he just wanted to get to know me. My interviewer was a professor. Then director of admissions hopped back on to give me a timeline of when to expect to hear back from them.

Just interviewed here today. Interview is very laid back. They just want to get to know you better. It was pretty low pressure and I treated it like a regular conversation.

From what I remember they said the adcom would meet on sept. 7 (today) to make decisions so some may come later this week

Submitted 9/5. Interview invite today! Wish me luck

Is it too late to add this school to my primary app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also haven't heard anything and I interviewed August 30th. In my interview, they said decisions would come out mid-September, so I think sometime this week we will hear something from the admissions committee.

Also haven't heard anything and I interviewed August 30th. In my interview, they said decisions would come out mid-September, so I think sometime this week we will hear something from the admissions committee.

mine was 8/23 and I agree with your assessment!

I just got the call! I’m going to be a doctor!!

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to the both of you all! Do they send the acceptance calls all at once or throughout the day if you all know?

Congrats to the both of you all! Do they send the acceptance calls all at once or throughout the day if you all know?

The dean personally calls everyone so I think it probably just happens as he has the availability in his schedule.

Reactions: 2 users
hahaha I missed the phonecall. No voicemail... but when I called back it went to the deans office - safe to say that's an A? :rofl:

EDIT - voicemail was just super long - haha! I got an A.

I GET TO CHOOSE whErE I gO to MeD SchOol??? unreal. UNREAL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
GOT THE A CALL AN HOUR AGO! IM GONNA BE A DOC MOM!!!!!:D

Congrats to everyone!! Anyone else waiting for II lol

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who got the interview and A. Did you guys have exposure to rural medicine and talked about it in the secondary?

Congrats to everyone who got the interview and A. Did you guys have exposure to rural medicine and talked about it in the secondary?
I have 0 experience working/living in rural areas/with rural medicine.

I have rural experience which is evident in my primary but none really in my secondary essay!

Can those with acceptances confirm if they are IS or OOS? Trying to figure out if its indeed true that OOS applicants have a shot here even though Choose DO is saying <1% of 2020-2021 matriculants were OOS.

Can those with acceptances confirm if they are IS or OOS? Trying to figure out if its indeed true that OOS applicants have a shot here even though Choose DO is saying <1% of 2020-2021 matriculants were OOS.
I’m instate but choose DO is definitely wrong there. They accept a lot of OOS students.

i’m OOS and accepted!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 9/19, got the acceptance call this morning!

• Love
OOS Submitted secondary 9/27, complete this morning, interview invite 3 minutes later. I was blown away! I'm scheduled for 10/3. 3.65 and 510.

• Love
Hi all:) I am a recent graduate from KYCOM. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hey! Just got an interview invite from KYCOM and was wanting to get a bit more info on it! If you don't have time to answer all the questions that's fine but I figured

For your M3/4 do you stay in one clinical site or do you move around for your different rotations?

I saw online they have a 99% match rate and a 95% COMLEX pass rate, did you take the STEP exams too?

How has the match gone in recent years? Do they only match into rural FM/IM programs or do you see people matching into more competitive specialties?

As of now, I'm wanting to do bone marrow transplant. I'd love to end up in an academic ICU IM residency for my first 3 years so I can match into a good program for fellowship, do people struggle with academic program matches at all?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm an info person and planner. Thank you in advance!

Honestly SO impressed by my interview experience today. The thoughtfulness and kindness to have a designated person in the zoom call to sort of calm your anxiety and welcome you to the interview in the waiting room before you talk to your interviewers is just.. idk man that impressed me so much.
That is pretty cool! All schools should do that. If you don't mind me asking, what time was the interview? And how long did it take overall? Thank you

At what time do they typically conduct interviews? Are they 8 – 9 a.m. Thank you.

I actually got to choose my time. Since I’m on a different time zone, I chose 10AM so it wouldn’t be too early.