Pikeville Kentucky (UP-KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got accepted here today!!! First accpetance, after trying 3 rounds! Looking around at places to live with my family and there is nothing! Where do people live?

Congrats...Off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

T minus- 29 days and counting, then we all realize what we have done to ourselves. Anybody ready to get this madness underway?

For those that have already been accepted do you mind posting some of your stats? I'm wanting to apply for the fall 2014 cycle and I'm wondering how competitive I am for the program.

GPA - 3.95
Science GPA - 3.88
MCAT- July 2014
Solid LORs
Lots of Extracurriculars

Thanks and congrats to those accepted!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ur stats are amazing. way above the average for pikeville. i only had a 3.4-3.5 gpa and mid to upper 20's mcat. if u want to apply to pikeville, u are almost guranteed an interview if u get at least a 24 mcat and have a good secondary.

Hey everyone. I'll be getting a place in Pikeville pretty soon, does any have any advice or experiences they can share? Is there any apartments you'd recommend? Or some that you'd suggest to stay away from?

Does the Appalachian Regional bias for KYCOM include Pennsylvania residents or does it focus mainly on the southern Appalachian states?

Don't worry about a regional bias. Alot of the professors are from the Pennsylvania area. If your interested in applying here go for it. I'm from Indiana and there was no bias. Yes there will be a lot of people from Kentucky because its their home state. And a lot of people want to stay near their family's. But each class is a mash up of people from different states and regions so don't worry about there being an issue.

Okay, I was just wondering because I spoke with Mr. Collins from admissions and he said that the only thing that hurts applicants with my scores is them being OOS / not in appalacian region

I have an interview here on Sept. 20th, is there any way to attend classes with students in the morning? I know this is the previous year's thread but I thought some of you might be attending already.

Beautiful 3 BR Townhouse for rent or sale in Fields Way, Pikeville. Pls contact Janice at (606) 422-1534 for viewing and other details.

Hey all, I just submitted my primaries to a few schools to add a few to my list. I was originally done and submitted to a bunch of schools in June...have had three interviews, and am waiting to hear on two of them. I figured I would broaden my horizons to schools I would like to go to but originally didnt have the money to apply at. What do you think chances are, applying right now, kinda of mid-cycle? Can anyone say what my chances may be? Also, anyone from BYU apply here? If so, PM me?

I applied last year and have been accepted for class of 2019 instead of 2018. Will there be a facebook group soon? I know it's a little early, but I want to get some info about housing there.

You could go ahead and make one if there isn't one already. The groups are usually student run.