2022-2023 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a group me for accepted students ?

Members don't see this ad.

Any recent II? Seems like it’s been quiet here

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got confirmation that my app was complete on 9/6 which I realize is kinda late, but it has been absolute radio silence since. Are they giving out interviews in chunks or did I most likely miss my chance?

I got confirmation that my app was complete on 9/6 which I realize is kinda late, but it has been absolute radio silence since. Are they giving out interviews in chunks or did I most likely miss my chance?
i was complete in like july and silence lol. so i think they are just slow

Reactions: 2 users

I was complete on 10/12 if that helps lol i think they are slow

they gotta be slow or ppl just ain't on SDN but gonna say they slow

Accepted 9/14 and made the decision to decline the seat last Friday. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted 9/14 and made the decision to decline the seat last Friday. Hope it goes to one of you!
This is the 2nd acceptance I see you declined. Congrats! Where will you be attending?

This is the 2nd acceptance I see you declined. Congrats! Where will you be attending?
Paid a deposit at LUCOM (Liberty). Great school and town, though this is not my final decision.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got interviewed today. I think it went really well. Super spontaneous conversation and a lot of story-sharing. They told me I would hear back in about 10 days or 1.5 weeks from now. Im curious about the acceptance rate post-interview? if anyone is willing to give an insight it would be very helpful to ease my anxiety :D .

Got interviewed today. I think it went really well. Super spontaneous conversation and a lot of story-sharing. They told me I would hear back in about 10 days or 1.5 weeks from now. Im curious about the acceptance rate post-interview? if anyone is willing to give an insight it would be very helpful to ease my anxiety :D .
It’s pretty high. If they have interviewed you and the conversation went well and they did not seem to have any concerns that’s a pretty good sign

It’s pretty high. If they have interviewed you and the conversation went well and they did not seem to have any concerns that’s a pretty good sign
Thank you so much! really eased the anxiety a lil bit. OOS btw so hopefully an A! They said they will be deliberating tomorrow with the entire admissions committee so hopefully!

hey hope it went well for you ! was it an interview or more of a conversation?

How long did it take you guys to hear back decision after interview?

How long did it take you guys to hear back decision after interview?
I interviewed 10/3 and heard back 10/11. The admissions committee meets every other Wednesday so it really depends on how long after your interview they meet!

• Love
I interviewed 10/3 and heard back 10/11. The admissions committee meets every other Wednesday so it really depends on how long after your interview they meet!
do you know if anyone has gotten a reject yet post interview? I'm worried

do you know if anyone has gotten a reject yet post interview? I'm worried
I don’t. I can’t find it now but i found info somewhere on their website with post ii acceptance rate and it was pretty high. They’re more stringent on who they give interviews to.

Was offered an interview last week and will be turning it down. Hope one of you get my spot :)

Interview received, complete October 7 :)

Has anyone gotten an acceptance call today? I believe they met last Wednesday.

I’m in! Interview 10/21, OOS

Congrats! i have an upcoming interview do you have any advice?
Look into some of the questions that are posted in SDN interview feedback.But the overall interview is very relaxed and conversational.My interviewer basically asked me questions off of things I responded.Know your basic why medicine and why osteopathic medicine answer.You will be fine.Just be calm and enjoy the Convo

Look into some of the questions that are posted in SDN interview feedback.But the overall interview is very relaxed and conversational.My interviewer basically asked me questions off of things I responded.Know your basic why medicine and why osteopathic medicine answer.You will be fine.Just be calm and enjoy the Convo
I agree! I interviewed 11/3. It was very conversational, Mr. Kennedy helps to break the ice before your interviewer joins the virtual meeting. Definitely know "why DO" because it was specifically asked very early on in the conversation.

I agree! I interviewed 11/3. It was very conversational, Mr. Kennedy helps to break the ice before your interviewer joins the virtual meeting. Definitely know "why DO" because it was specifically asked very early on in the conversation.
I agree with that question. Also, make sure you prepare a little for the "tell me about yourself" question. Don't make yourself sound scripted though, just have some points ready that your interviewer can potentially pick at to start a conversation. @slimeBall

I agree with that question. Also, make sure you prepare a little for the "tell me about yourself" question. Don't make yourself sound scripted though, just have some points ready that your interviewer can potentially pick at to start a conversation. @slimeBall
thank you !

Any non-traditional students interview here this cycle? I interview tomorrow and I'm trying to anticipate any questions they might ask me since I've been out of school for quite some time!

Any non-traditional students interview here this cycle? I interview tomorrow and I'm trying to anticipate any questions they might ask me since I've been out of school for quite some time!
Not a non-traditional student, and haven't interviewed yet, mine is scheduled for this Friday, but I wanted to wish you good luck!

The interview is really just a conversation with doctors. NOT STRESSFUL at all. Just be yourself and talk about what you like and hopefully it will expand from there. Goodluck!!!

Interviewed 11/3, ACCEPTED TODAY! (via email and phone call shortly later). 🥳🥳

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 11/3, got the A via email!!! I am going to medical school!!!!!!!!!

The interview is really just a conversation with doctors. NOT STRESSFUL at all. Just be yourself and talk about what you like and hopefully it will expand from there. Goodluck!!!
I'm a non-trad. I did have some questions about what I have been doing since school. It actually made the conversation very easy. Good luck!

Just got the A. Interviewed on 11/4 and OOS. If a current can student dm me so I can learn more about the program I would really appreciate it

Congrats to everyone getting in.Since interview day to acceptance,.this school has truly been wonderful.You can truly see the staff and upperclassmen everyone cares about incoming students.What a wonderful school and program.

Congrats to everyone getting in.Since interview day to acceptance,.this school has truly been wonderful.You can truly see the staff and upperclassmen everyone cares about incoming students.What a wonderful school and program.
I second this! Congrats to all the future doctors today!

• Love