Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd like to know this too... Also does anyone know how common straight up rejections are after you have been on hold?? I would like to think if they were gonna reject us they would have done it in the 1st place... Vs. placing us on hold... But maybe that's just wishful thinking..
Haha well there is a lot of wishful thinking going on over here:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone. Hope you all are doing well! Today is the day our financial aid Award Summary is released. To view, go to your financial aid checklist in Nucleus and click on "Award Summary" inside the yellow box on the left-hand side. I received a small "PCOM Alumni Scholarship" (which is probably a fund set up by PCOM alumni because I have no relatives who attended PCOM) and was offered LOADS of Unsubsidized Stafford Loan... woohoo? :eek:

Anyway, I still have to send in my the deposit by April 30. And on my checklist, I also see that my "Documents Needed" section is incomplete because I never turned in this form: http://lgdata.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/docs/1091/691895/Federal_Aid_Authorization_Form.pdf

Anybody know anything about that form?

Hello everyone. Hope you all are doing well! Today is the day our financial aid Award Summary is released. To view, go to your financial aid checklist in Nucleus and click on "Award Summary" inside the yellow box on the left-hand side. I received a small "PCOM Alumni Scholarship" (which is probably a fund set up by PCOM alumni because I have no relatives who attended PCOM) and was offered LOADS of Unsubsidized Stafford Loan... woohoo? :eek:

Anyway, I still have to send in my the deposit by April 30. And on my checklist, I also see that my "Documents Needed" section is incomplete because I never turned in this form: http://lgdata.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/docs/1091/691895/Federal_Aid_Authorization_Form.pdf

Anybody know anything about that form?
Get on the facebook group. Many answers to your questions there.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So if I'm still on a hold status at this point, is it safe to say that I have been basically denied?

So if I'm still on a hold status at this point, is it safe to say that I have been basically denied?

I believe they are waiting until April 30th. Once they have a good idea of the number of final deposits, they will be able to send you their decisions. So don't give up hope yet!

I wish ik.. There's a bunch of us on hold still but I feel like they should basically be done for the cycle... Lol but I just took a full time job as an HBO tech so watch me be wrong and have to have an awkward conversation with my boss in a few weeks. Also, on that note does PCOM give deferences this late in the cycle and if so are they hard to get?

Does this mean that they do not send out rejections until April 30th?

is the $250 deposit to hold your place in class refundable?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm giving up my spot at pcom-ga....good luck to all that are attending!

Potentialy applying here next year. I believe I read on the website that they accept MCAT scores 3 yrs old. I took it in July 2011 and made a 27. So it will be 3 yrs old when I apply/4 yrs from potential matriculation. I have not previously applied to any DO schools. Has anyone heard of an instance where they would accept a MCAT score that is past 3 yrs.

Potentialy applying here next year. I believe I read on the website that they accept MCAT scores 3 yrs old. I took it in July 2011 and made a 27. So it will be 3 yrs old when I apply/4 yrs from potential matriculation. I have not previously applied to any DO schools. Has anyone heard of an instance where they would accept a MCAT score that is past 3 yrs.
Must be within three years of matriculation - entering in August 2015 so you need to have it taken after August 2012

Is the class full? Have final decisions been released? Has anyone with a hold been accepted recently?

I am still on hold:(

Your not alone so keep your head up.. The big deposit is due today so hopefully tomorrow/ Friday they will start sending decisions... Who knows but try not to give up hope there's still a chance..

I hope everyone got their deposits in by today if they intend on going here. Otherwise, you folks on hold may see some good news coming your way soon.

I advertise on SDN almost every year, so I will post my ad again. Please pass this on to anyone you know looking for a place to live.
4 bedroom 3 bathroom Home for rent 0.7 Miles from GA-PCOM. 2 bedrooms that I know of so far will be available next year. All people living in the house are GA-PCOM students. Currently 4 guys live in the house but this can change and we have had a female live in the house with the guys in the past.
About the House:
The location is excellent and the drive to GA-PCOM is traffic free. Located only 0.7 miles from School the house is ideal for students who would rather not spend their time in Metro Atlanta traffic.
Price
- Price ranges between $325-$425/mo depending on the room
- Utilities will be split evenly between all the roommates.

Benefits:
- Individual Leases to GA-PCOM Students only. Meaning if another student decides to move out, there will be no obligation to cover that persons rent.
About the Owner:
I am a GA-PCOM DO 09' grad in my first year out of residency. I grew up in Gwinnett county so I am originally from the area. I bought the home before starting school there and my father manages the house. My father will be in charge of the yard upkeep and is a real estate agent in the area. He should be available if there is ever an emergency.

Tenants:
We are looking for preferably clean tenants who are willing to take care of the home as if it were their own. Non-smokers only. No pets (small exceptions ok if approved by the other roommates)
Contact info:
Owner Name- Brent Clower
Email- [email protected]
Contact Number- 770-402-1845

still on hold…... anything? anyone? really starting to lose hope:(

still on hold…... anything? anyone? really starting to lose hope:(
It's only been a few days since the deposit deadline. I imagine things may start to move a little next week.

Keep in mind that deposits sent by mail had to be postmarked by the deadline, it'll take a few days for them to received and processed. And then a days after that, the people who didn't submit theirs will be culled.

All in due time.

Just got a letter in the mail today, Accepted! Interviewed February 3rd, put on hold, accepted today.

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted as of friday! literally so happy....does anyone know what else we will need after making deposit and filling out technical standards form?

Accepted as of friday! literally so happy....does anyone know what else we will need after making deposit and filling out technical standards form?
congrats!, when was your letter postmarked?

Must be within three years of matriculation - entering in August 2015 so you need to have it taken after August 2012
What if you took the MCAT "during" August of 2012; is that too old? Are you sure it has to be taken "after" August 2102?

What if you took the MCAT "during" August of 2012; is that too old? Are you sure it has to be taken "after" August 2102?
Little ahead of the game taking the MCAT in 2102 :)

anyone know when we will at least hear about a waitlist?

Last edited:
Gotta call man

The person I spoke with said no information can be released...

Last edited:
They are not ready yet to make a decision on the waitlist then. This process is long and tough. Hang in there guys.

I got an email Friday. My letter didn't make it to my mailbox and was returned to them.

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but does anyone know what the exam schedule is for classes? (i.e. is there only a midterm and final, or are there multiple exams)

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but does anyone know what the exam schedule is for classes? (i.e. is there only a midterm and final, or are there multiple exams)
There are multiple exams. If you are in the Facebook group you can a sample schedule from the previous class.

Am I the only one still on hold who hasn't heard yet?!