Penn Vet c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Oos non traditional just recieved an interview invitation on Friday for 2/11. I'll be honest I went straight from work
Friday to an event for the weekend and did not even see it until today when I recieved an email telling me the deadline to accept the interview time was tomorrow!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Also a OOS non-traditional, received an acceptance phone call on 31 JAN, same as Carnivorous Kitten and Lucy333. Best of luck to everyone!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I am IS and have not heard anything since interviewing Friday. I am hoping it is because IS and OOS decisions go out at different time.

Those who have already had your interviews, were they one-on-one? And who did you interview with?

Those who have already had your interviews, were they one-on-one? And who did you interview with?
I had 2 interviewers in my room, not sure if everyone else did but it wasn't like an MMI. They went through some "scripted" questions as they put it, which is like those normal required questions, but then they asked some things like moral dilemmas, follow-ups on my answers, and just generally questions to get to know me. I remember one of the interviewers, Laurel Redding, because she called me later to let me know about the decision, but they were both really nice! If you have an interview, don't sweat it too much, they're usually very laidback and just want to get to know you and your interests a bit more.

Reactions: 2 users
I had 2 interviewers in my room, not sure if everyone else did but it wasn't like an MMI. They went through some "scripted" questions as they put it, which is like those normal required questions, but then they asked some things like moral dilemmas, follow-ups on my answers, and just generally questions to get to know me. I remember one of the interviewers, Laurel Redding, because she called me later to let me know about the decision, but they were both really nice! If you have an interview, don't sweat it too much, they're usually very laidback and just want to get to know you and your interests a bit more.
Is the interview about 30 minutes or so?

Members don't see this ad :)
They switched from afternoon emails to morning emails, guess they wanted to start our days off with stress?? 😂😂😂😂
Yeah I totally wasn’t expecting it (had even mentally crossed it off lol) and then when I woke up at 8am bam it was in my inbox

Dang that’s a shame for my inbox. Is anyone else set to just compulsively refresh their email all day? 😬😬😬

Reactions: 1 users
OOS interview invite just got it around 8:30 this morning !

• Love
I have to say this feels a bit like waiting to be picked for a team during gym in middle school:rofl::whistle:
Hang in there everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Is next week the last week of them sending out interview invitations?

Can any current students speak to the COL in Philly? Do loans per year really end up coming to about 95k per year?

Can any current students speak to the COL in Philly? Do loans per year really end up coming to about 95k per year?
The cost of living is fairly comparable to other cities - maybe a bit lower depending on where you live in the city? (I don't know what the COL is for other cities though). For example I pay $660/ month for my half of a 2 bed- 2 bath apartment plus utilities, one block away from the vet school and close to grocery stores, restaurants, etc. It's a great price and location, but the apartment itself is not updated, very small, and our laundry is in a building next door, so we do have to compromise for the cost and location. I would estimate that people pay average 600-1500 for an apartment here. I believe there is something for everyone's budget here - you just have to do some serious searching and be in the right place at the right time. My roommate and I are considering looking for a larger place that is still 2 bed - 2 bath and close to the school and we're really struggling to find something that fits what we want.

And yes, you can take out up to ~95k in loans per year (~85k if you are in-state, I believe). However, you don't have to take out the whole amount if you don't need to, I know many people who budget out what they need, take out that amount only, and stick to that budget (I am NOT one of those people).

Hope this helps!

For those who interviewed this past Friday, has anyone heard anything yet?

Has anyone still not heard from Penn at all? Getting nervous 😵‍💫

I haven’t either :( It’s my IS + top school and I’ve gotten interviews from everywhere else I have applied so far. Fingers crossed for Friday 😅

I haven’t yet 😖 It’s hard to be “strung along”- no rejection, but no invite yet either. It’s a weird limbo. I’m OOS non-traditional

I’m glad at least to know there’s only one day per week I need to check. I broke my PopSocket 2 weeks ago by constantly checking my inbox 🤪

Will they send out the last interview invites Friday? Or any day of the week?

I saw someone post on the APVMA page that they received a rejection this morning after interviewing, so fingers crossed that means they will be calling you soon if you haven’t heard anything!

• Love
Will they send out the last interview invites Friday? Or any day of the week?
I’ve seen in the thread that’s it’s usually been Friday mornings or afternoons. And oof I’m just ready to either get a rejection at this point lol

Has anyone who has been accepted heard anything about recruitment scholarships? Does anyone know anything about when we would possibly hear if we are lucky enough to get one?

Has anyone who has been accepted heard anything about recruitment scholarships? Does anyone know anything about when we would possibly hear if we are lucky enough to get one?
I got my original recruitment scholarship email about 3 weeks after my interview! The recruitment scholarships are rolling for the most part, in that they send them out throughout the interview process and after interviews have ended. I was notified that I received the One Health scholarship in March, after all interviews were over, because they only give out like one or two of those a year and need to evaluate every candidate for that scholarship.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed Friday (OOS traditional) and got a call at around 7pm for an acceptance!!! Penn is my top school and I am beyond happy.

Anyone else not hear anything? I’m almost convinced I didn’t apply lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone else not hear anything? I’m almost convinced I didn’t apply lol
Same😂 last school who hasn’t told me either a rejection or interview lol. Give me the rejection already haha

• Haha
  • Care
I interviewed on 1/28 and got accepted 2/1! Got a second email from Rob on 2/2 offering me a scholarship!!! Totally wasn’t expecting it but if my experience holds true for how they do it they’ll probably reach out soon after your acceptance! Fingers crossed!

I interviewed on 1/28 and got accepted 2/1! Got a second email from Rob on 2/2 offering me a scholarship!!! Totally wasn’t expecting it but if my experience holds true for how they do it they’ll probably reach out soon after your acceptance! Fingers crossed!
Congrats!! That's awesome. Do you know what they award them based on?

I received mine on 2/3. The letter award said it was based on “personal success and enormous potential in the veterinary profession”. I think the things that made me stand out are my academics and research, and the fact that I know I want to go into a research-related career in vet med. I’m sure they award them based on other factors though!

Thank you!!! So freaking excited-also I will say I have already had 5 rejections and 1 wait list so far this cycle (including my IS school which is Cornell, still have 3 apps out that I am waiting for answers for but I was feeling super discouraged. It just takes one!!!!) They were kind of vague on wha they awarded me for… the email directly said “You are being recognized for your personal success and for your enormous potential in the veterinary profession” (yes I cried when I read that lol). I took a non traditional path-graduated in 2020 and worked at a small animal hospital for the last couple of years while to make sure this was what I wanted to do before going through the app cycle cost and mental cost wise. My GPA was a 3.7 so solid but not out of this world by any means. I think my letters of rec and interview were what gave me the scholarship

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you!!! So freaking excited-also I will say I have already had 5 rejections and 1 wait list so far this cycle (including my IS school which is Cornell, still have 3 apps out that I am waiting for answers for but I was feeling super discouraged. It just takes one!!!!) They were kind of vague on wha they awarded me for… the email directly said “You are being recognized for your personal success and for your enormous potential in the veterinary profession” (yes I cried when I read that lol). I took a non traditional path-graduated in 2020 and worked at a small animal hospital for the last couple of years while to make sure this was what I wanted to do before going through the app cycle cost and mental cost wise. My GPA was a 3.7 so solid but not out of this world by any means. I think my letters of rec and interview were what gave me the scholarship
Thats awesome! After they called you when did they send the formal acceptance letter? Was it with the scholarship or was it not sent yet?

Like the others, I heard about the recruitment scholarship maybe a few weeks following the acceptance call. For me I was called on 1/17, and received my scholarship notification on 2/3, so it can take a while!

I was called 1/31, received formal acceptance email 2/2, and emailed with scholarship offer 2/3!

I was called 1/31, received formal acceptance email 2/2, and emailed with scholarship offer 2/3!
Same timeline as adriata88. Congratulations to all who got accepted and a scholarship! I was absolutely floored when I read the email. Fingers crossed for those who are waiting!

• Care
Interviewed on Friday and got the call tonight around 7pm that I was accepted! 🤩🥳

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
OOS traditional. I interviewed 2/4 and got a call yesterday around 2:30 with an acceptance!

• Love