Penn Vet c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed last Friday and was just sent an “On Hold” status. Email sent at 10:19am. I honestly thought I did really well. Let’s see what happens.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I received a call this morning to congratulate me on my acceptance! I just interviewed on Friday and cannot believe it! Best of luck to all! ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to all who have been accepted! I find penns process a little odd because what if they’ve accepted the full class before getting through all the interviews? Will they just not interview people they wanted to? I just find it odd they start accepting people before knowing who all they could offer spots to like if they like someone better who has an interview in February but they’re already full.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all who have been accepted! I find penns process a little odd because what if they’ve accepted the full class before getting through all the interviews? Will they just not interview people they wanted to? I just find it odd they start accepting people before knowing who all they could offer spots to like if they like someone better who has an interview in February but they’re already full.
I would guess they use their own version of a “point system” and probably have a certain value to be over to accept a person before completing all interviews and then after all interviews they probably go back and accept more people to fill the class if needed. And people get multiple offers so they turn down offers for other schools

Reactions: 1 users
IS acceptance at around 9:30 pm last night! Beyond excited, Penn has always been the dream:giggle:

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I would guess they use their own version of a “point system” and probably have a certain value to be over to accept a person before completing all interviews and then after all interviews they probably go back and accept more people to fill the class if needed. And people get multiple offers so they turn down offers for other schools
Yea, I got waitlisted at VMCVM last year and dropped quite a few digits down the list by the final acceptance date. Unfortunately not low enough, but I was surprised how many people told Yes turned around and said No Thanks... so, 🤞🤞🤞

Actually just finished my interview and will say the SDN questions were SO helpful and a game changer. That’s all I looked at for preparation and all I needed. The interview was so relaxed and my interviewers were incredibly friendly. Great experience. Good luck!
Hey. Question about the zoom link. I've received 2 different ones, which one do i use to log in? both, somehow?
Thank you!!

Hey. Question about the zoom link. I've received 2 different ones, which one do i use to log in? both, somehow?
Thank you!!
One is used for the admissions opening and welcome, second is your interview. Just look at the times they are schedule for and log into the admissions one first!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think they will send out more interviews today?

It seems like they send them in the morning, so my guess is tomorrow morning there might be another wave (assuming that no one has gotten invites today)

It seems like they send them in the morning, so my guess is tomorrow morning there might be another wave (assuming that no one has gotten invites today)
This sounds about right, especially since so far they've been sending invites on Friday mornings.

If you get an interview, what day are they usually on??

If you get an interview, what day are they usually on??
I can't tell you the exact day, but I believe they try to send interview invites 2 weeks in advance of the interview. I'm not sure if there have been cases though when there has only been a week before the interview date, but 2 weeks is their goal.

I can't tell you the exact day, but I believe they try to send interview invites 2 weeks in advance of the interview. I'm not sure if there have been cases though when there has only been a week before the interview date, but 2 weeks is their goal.
always on fridays!
Thank you! I remembered them saying they try to do them 2 weeks in advance unless something opens and they send an invite to fill it. Was curious what day the interviews happen!

OOS interview invite for 2/11! So exciting as I’m getting ready for another interview in an hour!

• Love
I'm also wondering when the last round of interview invites usually are!
I think usually mid-Feb since their last set of interviews are at the end of Feb and they try to give 2 weeks notice. So this means that there might be 2 more waves?

I think usually mid-Feb since their last set of interviews are at the end of Feb and they try to give 2 weeks notice. So this means that there might be 2 more waves?
That’s what I’m thinking but don’t forget if someone ends up backing out of an interview they try to send an invite to fill that spot so you may get a shorter notice

Do they continue sending out interviews throughout February?
I’m assuming no news is new news at this point. I’m pretty sure a wave of rejections went out before the first interview invitation wave.

Omg OOS interview! My top choice school and I totally thought there was no chance :) congrats to all who got interviews so far and for those that haven’t, don’t give up hope yet!

Reactions: 3 users
Omg OOS interview! My top choice school and I totally thought there was no chance :) congrats to all who got interviews so far and for those that haven’t, don’t give up hope yet!
Did you just get the email or was it this morning?

*~wistfully checking my spam folder in case I missed something (I did not) ~*

hopefully there are 2 more rounds going out!

Reactions: 3 users
the practice interview questions REALLY paid off.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m assuming no news is new news at this point. I’m pretty sure a wave of rejections went out before the first interview invitation wave.
What does it mean by no news is new news?

I think you're right that no news is good news. I can't remember where (might've been on here or the APVMA FB page) but someone said that there are also some rejections that go out every wave. Not sure if this is true, but I have been hearing a lot more that there was at least one wave of rejections that went out with the first interview invites.

Hi guys! Would anyone be down to do a mock interview with me this upcoming week? My interview is next Friday (2/4) and would love feedback and extra practice! I can also interview you so we can both learn :) Direct message me if you're interested! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:love:

Hi guys! Would anyone be down to do a mock interview with me this upcoming week? My interview is next Friday (2/4) and would love feedback and extra practice! I can also interview you so we can both learn :) Direct message me if you're interested! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:love:
Hi! I dm'd you :))

Has anyone who interviewed Friday heard anything yet? I know it’s still early but im so anxious to hear 😬

Has anyone who interviewed Friday heard anything yet? I know it’s still early but im so anxious to hear 😬
During my interview last Monday, I asked and they said after all the interviews so probably in like 2 weeks

Not sure if they are waiting until the end of interviews now, but most people have been saying they received a call late Monday night and sometimes even on Tuesday or Wednesday. Sending you all the good vibes!

Not sure if they are waiting until the end of interviews now, but most people have been saying they received a call late Monday night and sometimes even on Tuesday or Wednesday. Sending you all the good vibes!
Oops sorry I thought this was the Tufts thread! You’re correct!