Penn Vet c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the call this morning right after I posted! OOS non traditional acceptance!! so excited!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Mine was pretty conversational and relaxed. I went into it with the mindset that they must have liked something in my application and the interview is an opportunity for them to get to know a little more about me personally.... Just be yourself and I'm sure it's going to go well!
Thank you so much!!

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else concerned about the lack of exotics/wildlife exposure as a student at Penn, especially as they have lost faculty members focused on exotics? Would any current students be able to speak to their experience with this and how they found exposure for the summer?
It has been a challenge. There was a lot of turnover happening in the exotics department at Ryan Hospital right before COVID. I thought they were doing a good job interviewing candidates to fill those positions; students were even invited to attend guest lectures by the candidates and give their feedback. They had some potential candidates lined up and then COVID happened and that made the hiring process difficult.

All that said, there are wildlife and exotic medicine electives beginning in the first semester. Penn has partnered with a nearby wildlife hospital and a nearby exotics hospital to be able to offer electives, shadowing opportunities, and clinical rotations in 4th year. I won't sugarcoat it, as someone who has a background in wildlife medicine and a strong interest in exotic medicine it has been frustrating. I do think things are improving as the COVID situation works itself out and the new curriculum is put into effect.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else that hasn’t heard anything at all? No interview invite but still no rejection for me

Reactions: 2 users
anyone else who interviewed Friday 2/18 still not heard anything? getting anxious /:

OOS acceptance! I didnt receive a phone call yet, but got the email.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
got my OOS acceptance email this morning at 8:06 am!! so happy

• Love
Out of state acceptance! Got the email this morning, no call yet!
Can't wait to meet all of you!!

• Love
Anyone who interviewed 2/18 hear anything about recruitment scholarship offers?
I've read hear a few people hearing about few days after acceptance, and others a few weeks after.
Thanks!

I've read hear a few people hearing about few days after acceptance, and others a few weeks after.
Thanks!
I interviewed 2/18 and got accepted yesterday, but I haven't heard anything about a scholarship yet. Hopefully we hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!
I think they sent the first wave of recruitment scholarships 2/3, which was a few days after for some and weeks after for others. I don’t believe they’ve sent another wave out since (please correct me if I’m wrong) and since interviews end after this week, I think we’ll hear about them some time next week maybe? This is all my own speculation! I don’t know for sure.

I think they sent the first wave of recruitment scholarships 2/3, which was a few days after for some and weeks after for others. I don’t believe they’ve sent another wave out since (please correct me if I’m wrong) and since interviews end after this week, I think we’ll hear about them some time next week maybe? This is all my own speculation! I don’t know for sure.
Yes, I saw that they were offered 2/3. I'm guessing they will come this week or next week. Please keep me updated if you receive anything about it!

• Care
Have those who haven’t heard anything still not heard anything? I would think with this being the last interview day they could tell us all we didn’t get in.

Have those who haven’t heard anything still not heard anything? I would think with this being the last interview day they could tell us all we didn’t get in.
I haven’t heard anything at all since the confirmation email months ago :(

Me neither. I really hope that they would tell us the decision sooner instead of making us to hold on to the tiniest hope of getting in.

Yes, I saw that they were offered 2/3. I'm guessing they will come this week or next week. Please keep me updated if you receive anything about it!
I got an email on 2/23 from Rob with a scholarship award. I interviewed back on 2/4.

Hi guys...for anyone currently at Penn vet, do you know if spouses get any university benefits? I know it's a long shot but just curious what my husband might be able to enjoy at the university (gym, study space?) At the minimum I hope the parents & partner's day is a thing this year!

Does anyone know how fast the OOS waitlist usually moves ? Or if people in previous years had been pulled off?

Does anyone know how fast the OOS waitlist usually moves ? Or if people in previous years had been pulled off?
I called Rob Dimeo today about waitlist info and he was very helpful. I recommend!!

Hi guys...for anyone currently at Penn vet, do you know if spouses get any university benefits? I know it's a long shot but just curious what my husband might be able to enjoy at the university (gym, study space?) At the minimum I hope the parents & partner's day is a thing this year!
Yup! Spouses (any domestic partner, actually) can sign up for a PennCard for a small fee for building access such as the library. They will also be able to sign up for health insurance and obtain a gym membership (free for students, discounted for partners - still rather expensive...). You can probably find more benefits if you look at the PennCard website.

Yup! Spouses (any domestic partner, actually) can sign up for a PennCard for a small fee for building access such as the library. They will also be able to sign up for health insurance and obtain a gym membership (free for students, discounted for partners - still rather expensive...). You can probably find more benefits if you look at the PennCard website.
Sweet!! Thank you so much!

Oos rejection! Kinda sad that they put me off until the last minute for 2 years in a row, but I got into my dream school! Best of luck to rest of you!!

Reactions: 7 users
Question: has anyone heard / suspect there will be an admitted students day? I feel like I read somewhere there won’t be, but I’m not sure. Plus the MD / MSTP program had a preview day so I’m like 😭

Question: has anyone heard / suspect there will be an admitted students day? I feel like I read somewhere there won’t be, but I’m not sure. Plus the MD / MSTP program had a preview day so I’m like 😭
I’m going to be sad if they do because I booked a flight to go there next week! I feel like they made it sound like it wouldn’t be happening. :(

I also just wanna chime in that they told our class we were gonna get the new curriculum too. I'm class of 2024 so it was supposed to start in 2020 and they keep delaying it for "covid reasons". They didn't tell us until right before school started that we weren't going to be getting, it so it was too late for people to change their minds about going to Penn if that was a factor.

I also just wanna chime in that they told our class we were gonna get the new curriculum too. I'm class of 2024 so it was supposed to start in 2020 and they keep delaying it for "covid reasons". They didn't tell us until right before school started that we weren't going to be getting, it so it was too late for people to change their minds about going to Penn if that was a factor.
Do you know if the same thing happened with Class of 2025, like a super last-minute change?

Do you know if the same thing happened with Class of 2025, like a super last-minute change?
Yes I heard that from a student I know that's in c/o 2025, the same thing happened to them
Current V25 here! When we were applying/interviewing/deciding on schools we were told that they "might" switch to the new curriculum but it never really seemed like they were serious about it (all of our info sessions, the website, etc. advertised the old curriculum). Personally, I always just assumed that my class was going to have the old curriculum so I didn't let that play into my decision to attend Penn. However given the fact that they've had years to work on this new curriculum AND that they're actively talking about it during info sessions AND they changed it on the website AND some of my peers have talked to professors about it - safe to say they will be starting the new curriculum in the fall with V26 unless something major happens. I would be a pretty surprised if they did not start it, but honestly that seems to be on brand with how the school has been dealing with it so far so - anything can happen, I guess!

Is anybody else on the IS alternate list? I feel like I haven’t seen anybody post about it. Plus, does anybody IS plan on declining their seat?

Is anybody else on the IS alternate list? I feel like I haven’t seen anybody post about it. Plus, does anybody IS plan on declining their seat?
I am also an IS alternate! In past years they have done one alternate list not separate IS and OOS alternate lists. I haven’t confirmed with Rob if that is what they will do again this year

I am also an IS alternate! In past years they have done one alternate list not separate IS and OOS alternate lists. I haven’t confirmed with Rob if that is what they will do again this year
I believe he told me that they are separate lists!!

Anyone know if we get a confirmation email after mailing in our forms and deposit for accepting our seat?

hey everyone! i just wanted to share the link to our current pennvet merch sale for any future c/o 2026 students that want to buy some official merch from the vet school! our merch reps put a lot of time and effort into some new designs and all of the profits go to our SAVMA board!

• Love
hey everyone! i just wanted to share the link to our current pennvet merch sale for any future c/o 2026 students that want to buy some official merch from the vet school! our merch reps put a lot of time and effort into some new designs and all of the profits go to our SAVMA board!

Dana putting in the PLUG for the awesome merch! Seriously, it's awesome, please buy it. Everyone in your class will be ENVIOUS at how cool you are for having this merch. 🤩

Also - if you haven't seen me around here before - hi! I'm the current PennVet SAVMA VP-elect (I start my "official" VP duties over the summer - you'll probably get a bunch of emails from me next year, especially if you join any clubs) and I was just elected Assistant to Student Leaders and Activities Director (aka I'll be leading orientation for V27 and will also be an OL for your (V26) orientation) - among other awesome things that PennVet allows me to do - so I'll be meeting many of you in August. I just wanted to congratulate everyone on their acceptances to V26, I can't wait to see you all around. If anyone has questions about ANYTHING at all - feel free to reach out to me - I love talking about my experience at Penn and would love to answer questions or just talk about life here in Philly!

Congrats again! Hope everyone has a great week! 😊

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard back about financial aid or scholarships? I visited the school yesterday and really want to attend here, but the cost is making me nervous about 100% committing.

Has anyone heard back about financial aid or scholarships? I visited the school yesterday and really want to attend here, but the cost is making me nervous about 100% committing.
I emailed the financial aid department and they said the financial aid package should be out by the first week of April. Recruitment scholarships have been being sent out throughout the acceptance process, and financial aid grants/scholarships will be seen within the financial aid package.

• Love
I emailed the financial aid department and they said the financial aid package should be out by the first week of April. Recruitment scholarships have been being sent out throughout the acceptance process, and financial aid grants/scholarships will be seen within the financial aid package.
Thanks for the info!