Penn Vet c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I decided to bite the bullet and email admissions.. for those you haven’t heard anything yet they told me:
5C6CC94D-E2F9-41C4-921A-DF73EC85EE20.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I also want to add that this is my second cycle applying and last year Penn didn't reject me until February 25th. That was without an interview. Just thought this might be helpful info for some people!

Reactions: 5 users
IS acceptance via email!!! so so over the moon, penn’s always been the dream

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who got a scholarship file for the fafsa or it was sent regardless of filing for it?

does anyone know what % of interviewees are accepted?
Last year there were 300 interviews and 220 people were asked to join the class. I found this on the applytovetschool.org directory. I have no clue how it compares to this year though!

Just out of curiosity, have any direct rejections been sent out?

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! For those of you who have been offered recruitment scholarship, do you mind sharing what your area of interest(large animal, small animal etc.) is?

Reactions: 1 users
Just out of curiosity, have any direct rejections been sent out?
There have been multiple people I've heard say that Penn usually sends out a first wave of rejections with the first wave of interviews

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS interview invite!!! Received at 7:49 AM

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
OOS interview invite!! I feel like I’m dreaming! Someone pinch me !!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
IS interview invite, this wait has been wild! Received the email at 10:01am.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Has applying to vet school created obsessive email and SDN checking and habits for anyone else? 😅

Reactions: 9 users
Has applying to vet school created obsessive email and SDN checking and habits for anyone else? 😅
YES I check my spam folder and sdn at least every 20 minutes 😭

OOS rejection😝but I got into UMN yesterday which was my top choice so I’m all good! Good luck everyone!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got a rejection, not super surprised but still bummed

• Sad
Rejection email oof. Still waiting to hear from other schools so hoping for something lol

Just got my rejection email 😓 congrats to everyone who got in! See the rest of you here next cycle haha

OOS rejection😝but I got into UMN yesterday which was my top choice so I’m all good! Good luck everyone!!!
Congrats on getting into your top choice! That’s awesome, so happy for you!

• Love
Do they send the rejections in waves? I haven’t heard anything since the acknowledgment email.

Rejection email a little bit ago

• Care
Based on last year, if you didn't get a rejection today and haven't heard anything otherwise, they're holding onto your app right up until the very last interviews end of Feb in case anybody backs out

Reactions: 4 users
Hi! I'm an OOS from Delaware, invited to interview on the 18th!
I was speaking with one of the doctors at the practice I work for, who graduated from Penn recently. She mentioned that when she interviewed (in person) some of the current students that you mingle with while waiting for your turn to interview are on the admissions committee, and it's a good idea to chat with them while you wait.
My question is, now that it is on Zoom, is there a way to converse with these students while not addressing every single person in the zoom room? Are the students still a part of the admissions committee? If so, any tips for how to small talk on a zoom call? I have only used zoom a handful of times.
Thanks in advance!

For anybody who has had their Penn interview already- What is the set up like? I know it said to log on early to speak with current students, but do we get pulled from that room once we start our interview? Thanks in advance!

For anybody who has had their Penn interview already- What is the set up like? I know it said to log on early to speak with current students, but do we get pulled from that room once we start our interview? Thanks in advance!
No, they’ll send you an interview link with a specific time a few days before so you need to join that to do your actual interview!

Time to unwatch this thread, has become a routine now when I get a rejection 😂

What email address do interview invitations come under and what is the name it shows up as in your inbox (ie does it show up as the University of Pennsylvania)?

Also, did it go to anyone’s spam folder (part of me worries I may have deleted an email from “rdimeo” a while ago from my spam folder).
Thanks!

Last edited:
What email address do interview invitations come under and what is the name it shows up as in your inbox (ie does it show up as the University of Pennsylvania)? Thanks!
Mine did show up as being from the University of Pennsylvania and the email was titled as, "Interview Invitation at PennVet". Hope that helps!!

What email address do interview invitations come under and what is the name it shows up as in your inbox (ie does it show up as the University of Pennsylvania)?

Also, did it go to anyone’s spam folder (part of me worries I may have deleted an email from “rdimeo” a while ago from my spam folder).
Thanks!
I emailed yesterday and they said “We are still going through our admissions process and will be interviewing through February. We will reach out to all applicants as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding.” No news is good news right now so take a deep breath!

I was speaking with one of the doctors at the practice I work for, who graduated from Penn recently. She mentioned that when she interviewed (in person) some of the current students that you mingle with while waiting for your turn to interview are on the admissions committee, and it's a good idea to chat with them while you wait.
My question is, now that it is on Zoom, is there a way to converse with these students while not addressing every single person in the zoom room? Are the students still a part of the admissions committee? If so, any tips for how to small talk on a zoom call? I have only used zoom a handful of times.
Thanks in advance!
There's not any way to converse without everyone else hearing, at least not to my knowledge (maybe use the chat, but everyone will see that too). I get and totally had the anxiety about potentially asking a dumb question or one that no one else cares about in front of a ton of people, but if it makes you feel better, the Q&A turned out to be really low-threat. It felt relaxed (no admissions staff there, so it didn't feel like they had a filter) and really there wasn't any question too big, too small, too weird, or too specific. Topics ranged from race/gender, housing, specific questions about the PhD program, best places to eat in Philly, competitiveness, how to study, the new curriculum, food at the cafeteria, what to do to relax on off-time, what is NBC like. . . Really ran the gamut.

Are the students part of the committee? No idea. It's a possibility. I'm sure they offer feedback if someone was particularly awesome possum or alternatively an asshat, but would they give formal feedback on every person? My opinion is that it didn't feel like it to me. I also felt that not everyone participated in the Q&A (Rob made it feel like it wasn't mandatory - we were free to log on/off without preamble since peeps had to go to interviews at different times). I feel like a few at the beginning logged off for their interview but never returned.

So, me personally, I wouldn't treat the Q&A as an extension of the interview. But it was a really refreshing opportunity to ask a ton of questions about the school and daily life, and be able to get multiple perspectives (we had two students initially and then another logged on.) I know the safe thing to do is to treat the Q&A as if it was part of the admissions process, so I don't blame you if you do. . . But my two cents after having been thru is that it didn't feel like it was crucial, but rather that it is a really good/useful/"can't hurt" thing in which to participate.

Good luck good luck good luck to you! You've got this!

OOS interview invite received the email 2/11 at 8 am. Penn Vet is my absolute top choice and one of the few interviews I was offered. Anyone whose gone through the interview have any advice?

OOS interview invite received the email 2/11 at 8 am. Penn Vet is my absolute top choice and one of the few interviews I was offered. Anyone whose gone through the interview have any advice?
I interviewed last Friday and have not heard back yet, but I do feel like practicing the interview questions found here was the best thing I could have done to help me in the interview! University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine Interview Feedback

Also for those of you who have heard back, did they leave you a voicemail if you could not answer the phone? Or did you have to wait for them to send the official email?

I swear I did not even apply and I just think I did - have not heard anything at all since October 4 (acknowledgement) lol

I swear I did not even apply and I just think I did - have not heard anything at all since October 4 (acknowledgement) lol
no news is good news!! It means your application is still in the running if people are unable to make interviews in the next 2 weeks. Majority of applicants remaining got rejected on friday!

Thanks in advance!
From the students I talked to in the time before/after my interview they said that the student panel had no influence on admission decisions. It's just a great way to get a lot of questions answered and relax a bit before the actual interview. They are super friendly and will answer any/all questions.

From the students I talked to in the time before/after my interview they said that the student panel had no influence on admission decisions. It's just a great way to get a lot of questions answered and relax a bit before the actual interview. They are super friendly and will answer any/all questions.
In past years, the students haven't had any decision-making power per se but they were given the chance to give feedback to the committee. It's entirely possible that this has changed, of course. That being said, I'm sure that no one is judging based on asking questions, etc - I think it is more like an opportunity to share general impressions or anything particularly standout.

How long do people have to accept an interview invitation? I’m trying to figure out when they would have an idea of if there are open interview slots and then send out more invitations.

How long do people have to accept an interview invitation? I’m trying to figure out when they would have an idea of if there are open interview slots and then send out more invitations.
I had until Tuesday after receiving my email Friday morning. I’ve seen you on other threads and am really hoping you get one! 🤗

Does anyone who's received a recruitment scholarship know what the stipulations for being in "good academic standing" are? Like is there a specific GPA cut-off?

There is a section on the PennVet website regarding the criteria for recruitment scholarships (quote: "While grades are important, these are not the only deciding factor.") I think the criteria are supposed to be vague so that they can evaluate each candidate individually. I know that some students have GPA requirements in order to maintain their scholarship; mine does not have a GPA requirement, so it definitely varies.

Anyone who interviewed Friday heard anything yet? I’m so anxious!