Penn Vet c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! Does anyone know how much the OOS waitlist moves? I am #11 and am really hopeful to make it off the waitlist :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! Does anyone know how much the OOS waitlist moves? I am #11 and am really hopeful to make it off the waitlist :)
I’m #15. Rob says it varies from year to year. Last year, they didn’t take anyone off the waitlist so we just have to cross our fingers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you have to call for your waitlist number?
I emailed Rob about something else and he replied also giving me my waitlist number. Technically, we aren’t supposed to email until Friday, but I don’t think it would hurt to ask!

Reactions: 1 user
Just wondering if anyone knows the large animal opportunities available for students? I know there is the New Bolton Center but I was unsure how much students are able to go down or if it was just for clinicals.

Just wondering if anyone knows the large animal opportunities available for students? I know there is the New Bolton Center but I was unsure how much students are able to go down or if it was just for clinicals.
I’ve heard that with this new curriculum students will be going to NBC starting first year. I spoke to current students and they said it’s what you make of it, if you are interested in large animal medicine there are opportunities every weekend to go down if students want.

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve heard that with this new curriculum students will be going to NBC starting first year. I spoke to current students and they said it’s what you make of it, if you are interested in large animal medicine there are opportunities every weekend to go down if students want.
This is correct. Even in the older curriculum, we all went to NBC several times per semester starting in first year for wet labs (physical exams, etc). In third year spring, there is an entire block dedicated to LA electives. I imagine that these opportunities will only increase in the new curriculum. Additionally, there are clubs for every discipline you can think of, including LA disciplines, that run all kinds of events each month.

Just factor in that NBC is an hour from the Penn Campus and it can easily be 1 1/2+ hours in traffic.

Just declined my spot! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully they update the rest of us on the packages

Hey guys! I know this is a long shot, but is there anybody who hasn’t posted on here that is declining their spot?

Does anyone know how well be notified if we get off the waitlist? Call or email?

I declined my OOS seat, best of luck everyone!

I don't think the Facebook group is an accurate representation of the the upcoming class. As far as I can tell and have seen, it's been silent for both IS and OOS waitlist.

I just assumed it was the waitlist because like 70 people joined the day after decision day sorry

I‘m #5 IS waitlist and haven’t heard anything yet either so confirming it must have been current students joining the Facebook group!

I also emailed Rob and asked if there were any updates and got a auto response that he is out of the office till later this week so we potentially won’t hear anything until he’s back?

Reactions: 1 users
I‘m #5 IS waitlist and haven’t heard anything yet either so confirming it must have been current students joining the Facebook group!

I also emailed Rob and asked if there were any updates and got a auto response that he is out of the office till later this week so we potentially won’t hear anything until he’s back?
Yup! Same here! Fingers crossed for some good news on Thursday!

Rob emailed me back and confirmed that deposits have filled the IS seats

Hi class of 2026 - Looking for info on student rentals. Please feel free to message me or post here.
1- Approx how much do you pay for rent per month?
2- How many people do you live with/how many roommates?
3- How far away do you live from school?
4- Do you need to have a car? Or is public transportation easy to navigate?
5- How did you find your housing/roommates?