***PEDS Official 2023 PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Once the rank order is certified, there's NOTHING that we have to do, right?
Would also like to know. If the website says “certified” in green and we got the email, that’s it, right?

Members don't see this ad.

C167E6D5-0435-4492-9D38-E3EE9925F64C.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you do not have any programs to rank then should we withdraw from the rank list.
I am receiving e mails to withdraw.

One more week!

Also, a quick question! If the program only requires you to have a "limited license," does that mean we don't have to take the state licensing exam (ADEX or SRTA) for the residency?

Where we can see the post match list?
What time the ranking results are out on Monday?

Some people recommended me not doing withdrawal . Can I apply for the postmatch if I did not do it?
Thank you

Where we can see the post match list?
What time the ranking results are out on Monday?
You can see it on Match, you could also see phase 1 post match spots for all specialties too.
Some people recommended me not doing withdrawal . Can I apply for the postmatch if I did not do it?
Thank you
I think post match is open for everyone, except if you Matched somewhere so then you have agreed to honor your result. But if you haven’t ranked programs then you should be fine.

I also want to say to everyone, if you’re like me and you’re having a difficult week thinking about Monday, I see you and love you. Everything will be alright no matter what, I promise.

Reactions: 3 users
You can see it on Match, you could also see phase 1 post match spots for all specialties too.

I think post match is open for everyone, except if you Matched somewhere so then you have agreed to honor your result. But if you haven’t ranked programs then you should be fine.

I also want to say to everyone, if you’re like me and you’re having a difficult week thinking about Monday, I see you and love you. Everything will be alright no matter what, I promise.
Not me crying at this comment 😭😭 thank you I really needed to hear that! This waiting game is the worst part. I hope everyone is doing ok <3

Oh I thought results are only going to be out at 12 pm EST. Should we expect the results to be out earlier?
You should expect it around 8-8:15am EST so that if you don’t match you can prepare for post-match where the list is released at 12pm EST

Members don't see this ad :)
You should expect it around 8-8:15am EST so that if you don’t match you can prepare for post-match where the list is released at 12pm EST
Thank you. Also, any idea how will we be receiving the results? Via email or will it be published on the match website?

Good luck

Really nervous right now as time is coming closer. Has anyone gotten a phone call/email from any programs near rank list due date? I haven't gotten anything and now is wondering if no programs want me.

Anyone else up here accepting the fact that there will be no sleeping tonight? 🫠

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else up here accepting the fact that there will be no sleeping tonight? 🫠
I've got work in the AM and a full schedule..... And I've been sick. Sleep is definitely happening!

Guys I can’t believe I matched to my first choice. Congratulations to everyone! I just want to say, if you didn’t match please try to see through this. It hurts now, I felt it before. But you can so much more easily apply again this cycle. You have all the paperwork ready and now you know everything. The following cycle is literally in a few months. Please don’t give up. I also truly believe that sometimes it doesn’t help at all to read everything in this group. Even though it’s helpful with some information about the process, any time I stumbled upon a “my profile and my stats” post I ended up in tears and overwhelmed. Because those didn’t describe me at all. It doesn’t matter what anyone tells you their profile is, what matters is how hard you will try for yourself and how authentic you are. People want to have honest and hard working residents in their programs. I met some candidates at my interviews that were such nice people and kind and modest. Trust me, everyone notices them. And everyone notices the opposite too. Be yourself, be very kind and be persistent. You got this!

Reactions: 2 users
what's protocol after match? thank you email to program you matched at?

what's protocol after match? thank you email to program you matched at?
No protocol! They’ll send you a letter from the program probably soon. You can respond to that!

I matched, but my friend sent me the post-match list so here it is! Not sure why people are always so weird about posting it

Attachments

• 7C069134-AB04-4965-8604-AE032EE32168.jpeg
    7C069134-AB04-4965-8604-AE032EE32168.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 587
  • 1CC944D9-049C-415E-B8CE-1623A03C3E49.jpeg
    1CC944D9-049C-415E-B8CE-1623A03C3E49.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 602
  • A38189B9-7497-4780-BE5C-55604B243C62.jpeg
    A38189B9-7497-4780-BE5C-55604B243C62.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 539
I matched, but my friend sent me the post-match list so here it is! Not sure why people are always so weird about posting it
Geez, 48 positions un-matched is almost unheard of. Gold mine for those who didn't match this year.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Geez, 48 positions un-matched is almost unheard of. Gold mine for those who didn't match this year.
Well most are hospital based and to be fair BU accounts for half of them 😋

• Haha
Overall trend is decrease in salary, especially in desirable areas where there's a glut of programs and/or a glut of pediatric dentists.

It looks like several programs didn’t match anyone, wow! Yeah I’d jump on those asap if I didn’t match. What’s the cause for so many unfilled spots you think?

It looks like several programs didn’t match anyone, wow! Yeah I’d jump on those asap if I didn’t match. What’s the cause for so many unfilled spots you think?
I think people don’t want the hospital based ones. Theres too many who say its not even worth the money. And as for the private schools, i think they know why. From tuition to the way they treat candidates.. i didnt even want to apply to one of them because of how unprofessional they were and how shockingly bad mannered some of their residents were. Most want to accept students that have strong connections. Thats on them

Congratulations to everyone that matched today! I completed my pediatric residency in June, and it was one of the best experiences, you will thoroughly enjoy the process. To those of you, who did not match, there were several people that I interviewed with on their second year of applying and they got programs, so don't give up!

I am teaching a lecture series for the Boards for second years, but the first lecture is really good basic information that any R1 should know. If you would like to attend, it is on zoom tomorrow at 8pm EST.

Topic: QE Prep Course- Prevention and Anticipatory Guidance
Time: Jan 24, 2023 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 844 0225 8810
Passcode: 090495

You can follow on instagram: pedsdentalguide

I think people don’t want the hospital based ones. Theres too many who say its not even worth the money. And as for the private schools, i think they know why. From tuition to the way they treat candidates.. i didnt even want to apply to one of them because of how unprofessional they were and how shockingly bad mannered some of their residents were. Most want to accept students that have strong connections. Thats on them
Interesting. I thought hospital based programs were desirable over non hospital based? Of course everyone is looking for different experiences out of their residency. A lot of the unfilled spots are NYU, which aren’t hospital based from what I understand.

Congratulations to everyone that matched today! I completed my pediatric residency in June, and it was one of the best experiences, you will thoroughly enjoy the process. To those of you, who did not match, there were several people that I interviewed with on their second year of applying and they got programs, so don't give up!

I am teaching a lecture series for the Boards for second years, but the first lecture is really good basic information that any R1 should know. If you would like to attend, it is on zoom tomorrow at 8pm EST.

Topic: QE Prep Course- Prevention and Anticipatory Guidance
Time: Jan 24, 2023 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 844 0225 8810
Passcode: 090495

You can follow on instagram: pedsdentalguide

What is the best way to reach the post match programs?

Interesting. I thought hospital based programs were desirable over non hospital based? Of course everyone is looking for different experiences out of their residency. A lot of the unfilled spots are NYU, which aren’t hospital based from what I understand.
I talked to some who had gone into Hospital based. They said they were misleading at first because the money is better and they present it as super great but then when they started they were not satisfied at all. Also, NYU and BU etc always have a lot of spots so that increases the unfilled positions by a lot. University based ones consistently almost never have open spots

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone who ended up at a post match position in peds post here that they did? Trying to decide if I should post match into peds or go for a GPR. Thank you !

I'm surprised Children's Colorado had that many spots opened for post-match. Damn. Typically large hospital-based programs are the most competitive ones. I guess the Colorado program is not doing too well this year.

I'm surprised Children's Colorado had that many spots opened for post-match. Damn. Typically large hospital-based programs are the most competitive ones. I guess the Colorado program is not doing too well this year.
That's crazy to see 6 spots. I am one of those who grabbed the opportunity. Although I do not have any written confirmation yet.

I’ve heard it has a reputation for not treating residents well.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 users
if you did not match and applied to post match, can you decline the position if you get offered another acceptance?