**Official PASS 2024 Pediatric Dentistry Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

limegreenbanana

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to everyone this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told they need our spring grades, so whenever your transcript is ready. (It'll be late June/early July for me)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi
Good luck all!
Does anybody know if Boston children's hospital accepts ADAT instead of DAT?

From my conversation with a current resident, Boston Children's Hospital requires your DAT scores. I would assume its because everyone had to take the DAT and not everyone takes the ADAT. Keeping it even for all applicants, maybe?

For anybody that is interested in Harvard/Boston Children's Hospital,

A former classmate that interviewed with Harvard sent me the introduction video they showed last year. She did not match there so she did not have too much additional information for me... I signed up for an externship with Harvard in a few months, so I will add any more information I find out :)

Harvard/Boston Children's Hospital Pediatric Dental Residency Program Video

Wishing everyone the best of luck this year!

Reactions: 2 users
When is a good time to submit applications, like 1 or 1.5 months before the earliest deadline? Is there any advantage to submitting early for peds programs?

Any thoughts about NYU Langone programs? I have heard mixed reviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Depends on the site. I have heard good stories and bad. Have had a few friends that have attended various sites (Nashville, San Diego, Brooklyn, Tampa). They all seemed capable when graduating and are currently productive associates or owners now. Key things you want to look for are sedation experience (both oral and general anesthesia), on call experience, patient load (special needs, infants, etc) and enough faculty members for clinic coverage. There are other factors too but those have come to my mind first.

Any thoughts on where to put relevant CE in the application? Do you just keep it in the CV or is there a nice place to put it directly into the application as well?

Do schools acknowledge receiving applications from ADEA PASS? Or is it a good idea to confirm with the program co-ordinators if our application was successfully accepted? Thanks!

Does anyone have any information about the Jamaica hospital peds program, I can't seem to find much information on it

This might be a silly question, but when the program asks for our original DAT and INBDE and provide us an address, do we email them official results using our DENTPIN account? Or is there another way to do this?

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a silly question, but when the program asks for our original DAT and INBDE and provide us an address, do we email them official results using our DENTPIN account? Or is there another way to do this?
I'm guessing you're talking about Boston Children's Hospital. I emailed the coordinator and she said she wanted me to mail all the supplemental items so I literally printed out the scores and going to send it in with the 2x2 photo and CV.

Why do programs ask for information such as our CV and official exam scores among other things when all that information is accessible within our ADEA PASS application?

When should we have our applications in by?

When is a good time to submit applications, like 1 or 1.5 months before the earliest deadline? Is there any advantage to submitting early for peds programs?
The Program Directors at some of the virtual externships I've gone to said that they will start looking at applications sometime around the deadline, so there shouldn't be a big rush to submit everything super early. The only caveat is that it looks bad if you submitted literally the day before the deadline lol. I'd say try to submit everything ~1 month before the deadline at the latest.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm guessing you're talking about Boston Children's Hospital. I emailed the coordinator and she said she wanted me to mail all the supplemental items so I literally printed out the scores and going to send it in with the 2x2 photo and CV.

I asked during the externship and was told to print the scores and send with my CV and photo. I guess you could also pay the fee to have the DAT scores officially mailed or emailed...

The externship at Boston Children's Hospital was a blast. I got to see some realllllllly interesting trauma patients in the ED, their patient population is largely special needs which was lovely, and their brand-new clinic that just opened is HUGE!

Anybody applying to UPenn? I am confused about how much tuition is actually owed vs how much you get paid yearly...

Does anyone have the email for the Temple University Pediatric Dentistry Residency director?
I tried [email protected] but the email bounced back undeliverable.
Thanks in advance

I asked during the externship and was told to print the scores and send with my CV and photo. I guess you could also pay the fee to have the DAT scores officially mailed or emailed...

The externship at Boston Children's Hospital was a blast. I got to see some realllllllly interesting trauma patients in the ED, their patient population is largely special needs which was lovely, and their brand-new clinic that just opened is HUGE!

Anybody applying to UPenn? I am confused about how much tuition is actually owed vs how much you get paid yearly...
Do you print the unofficial, or did you pay 50 for the DAT and INBDE and chose yourself as the recipient?

Do you print the unofficial, or did you pay 50 for the DAT and INBDE and chose yourself as the recipient?
I just printed the unofficial. Haven’t heard back from them so I’m guessing it’s okay…?

Do schools acknowledge receiving applications from ADEA PASS? Or is it a good idea to confirm with the program co-ordinators if our application was successfully accepted? Thanks!
I've never reached out to ask if my application has been received, but I've since received an email from one of them saying that it is currently under review. My classmate has also received an email from a different school (I don't remember which one), and I don't think he reached out either. I'm guessing either programs have different timelines for when they start reviewing applications, OR they don't send confirmation emails. I am sure your application was successfully accepted. :)

Also interested in this. I'm debating whether i should apply or not bc I heard NYU brooklyn didn't match any of their 6 spots last cycle (all post-match). Sounds like it's not competitive at all but is it worth applying to increase chances of matching at least somewhere?

Hi everyone! I'm having a bit of trouble finding the information I need for Boston Children's Hospital DAT requirement. I've been searching their website and ADEA Pass, but I can't seem to locate the details about their DAT requirements. Can someone share the link, please?

Also, I've been trying to find information about the externship opportunities at Boston Children's Hospital on the AAPD website, but no dice. If anyone knows where I can find this information, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm having a bit of trouble finding the information I need for Boston Children's Hospital DAT requirement. I've been searching their website and ADEA Pass, but I can't seem to locate the details about their DAT requirements. Can someone share the link, please?

Also, I've been trying to find information about the externship opportunities at Boston Children's Hospital on the AAPD website, but no dice. If anyone knows where I can find this information, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!
I was just coming to the forum to ask this. Cannot find anything DAT related on the AAPD website, Boston Children's Hospital website, or ADEA PASS so I'm wondering if they removed it as a requirement.

Are people applying to UCLA sending their NBDE scores separately to the school as well? I'm not sure if copies need to be sent at the time of admissions or during the application cycle. thank you!

Are people applying to UCLA sending their NBDE scores separately to the school as well? I'm not sure if copies need to be sent at the time of admissions or during the application cycle. thank you!
I'm curious as well, I saw it mentions this on their website but on the PASS application it doesn't mention anything. I took the INBDE so I might give them a call to confirm.

For those applying to Yale, where are you uploading the photo?

Doesn't it send it to every program then? Some programs say they don't want our picture
True it'll be accessible to each program you apply to. Which programs explicitly say they don't want it?

Wisconsin also doesn't require a photo until invited for an interview.

Also interested in this. I'm debating whether i should apply or not bc I heard NYU brooklyn didn't match any of their 6 spots last cycle (all post-match). Sounds like it's not competitive at all but is it worth applying to increase chances of matching at least somewhere?
Interesting! How did you get this info?

Does anyone have the link for the supplemental applications for NYU Langone-SD, Yale, UCLA, and Children's Boston?

Does anyone have the link for the supplemental applications for NYU Langone-SD, Yale, UCLA, and Children's Boston?
Where are you seeing that these are required? Boston Children's Hospital requires your CV and photo and INBDE scores to be mailed but no true supplemental app/fee. Yale I did not find anywhere asking for a supplemental application, same with UCLA. Didn't personally apply to NYUL-SD.

Good Morning everyone,

Has anyone applied to Case Western? I see they require a supplemental fee, but I don't see the link.

Scroll down to the "All Applicants Must" section and you should be able to click on a link to submit payment.

Where are you seeing that these are required? Boston Children's Hospital requires your CV and photo and INBDE scores to be mailed but no true supplemental app/fee. Yale I did not find anywhere asking for a supplemental application, same with UCLA. Didn't personally apply to NYUL-SD.
Will Boston and UCLA send an email to confirm they have received our application? I received emails from USC and Oregon a day after I submitted my application but nothing from UCLA or Boston yet.

@PEDOtoothfairy I emailed all programs separately since my school didn't release us to register for INBDE until the beginning of this month. So basically I sent an email out stating that I recently applied and then gave them a tentative timeline for my scores. Boston answered saying my application would be considered incomplete until scores are received and that applicants with complete applications will be given precedence. UCLA - I have not received a reply. Other schools (the majority, actually) have not reached out regarding my application submission in general. I have gotten a few that sent out their general email stating that my application is received and that tentative interview invitations will be sent out at X month.

@PEDOtoothfairy I emailed all programs separately since my school didn't release us to register for INBDE until the beginning of this month. So basically I sent an email out stating that I recently applied and then gave them a tentative timeline for my scores. Boston answered saying my application would be considered incomplete until scores are received and that applicants with complete applications will be given precedence. UCLA - I have not received a reply. Other schools (the majority, actually) have not reached out regarding my application submission in general. I have gotten a few that sent out their general email stating that my application is received and that tentative interview invitations will be sent out at X month.
Thanks!

Where should we upload the 2x2 photo? It is supposed to be "Supporting Information or Program Materials sections" but I can't find a specific section for 2x2 photos.

Hi all!
Are we able to apply to NY state programs if we are just graduating form dental school? what is temporary license in New York State that we must be eligible for it ?

yes you can.
temp NY license, when you start a program in NY, they tell you give them a check of 105 dollars to send for NY state Depatment of education. But that's like an easy step. Nothing done from your part. as long as you finished DDS/DMD, you are good

Has anyone heard back from UCLA or Yale yet? I called them multiple times but could not speak with the admission coordinator.

Are we supposed to get a completed application email from Boston Children’s?

Hi everyone! I just received an invitation for Nova ( my interview will be October 13th)

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard back from UCLA or Yale yet? I called them multiple times but could not speak with the admission coordinator.
Yale just sent two emails one that they’ll contact us if they need anything else and another one with faqs