PCSOM Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really?

I think that the thoracic packet is tough. I do agree that the back can be very misleading as well.

ACE

Members don't see this ad.

Hang in there. We are almost done with this leg of the marathon.

Members don't see this ad :)
It will be nice to get the first block over with. There is a lot of info for us to know. I am very sleepy and could sure use a nap.

Man, I hope we dont get that 20 inches of predicted rain. That would not be too good. These huricanes are wreaking havoc.

Good luck to all you in the blocks.

ACE

Yes it will be good to get the first block over with. I just tried to go over the Autonomic nervous system and my brain just wouldn't take it. It just wouldn't let anything sink in. I think that I need a few days to just veg, and not have to worry about studying at all. Anyways, I'll see all of you tomorrow morning for clinical skills.

Good Luck,

blocks over = good. :D my head feels no so good. :thumbdown: I blame... anything but the beer. I know it was good for me. :idea: There needs to be a law about making students wake up this early after blocks......

yep, a law......

E-

Man.... it was tough to roll out of bed that early in the am. I am glad Block 1 is over too. just three more weeks until we have block 2 exams..... uhhhhhhhh

hahah... hope everyone is having a good week. See ya in class.

ACE

Yeah,

Atleast we haven't gotten to the cranial nerves yet :scared: .

What's Up E!

Yeah, that was a lot of info this morning and afternoon. I hope I can remember all this for the exams. I am still recovering from last week. hahaha

See you in the AM.

Aaron

Members don't see this ad :)
So,

What did everyone think of the quiz? I think that I got a 7 (if I'm lucky) on it.

So guys,

How about that Clinical Skills exam this morning?? I could have gotten a 50% on it if I'm lucky. Oh well, hopefully Anatomy and Biochem will be better. Then again, they could be worse :scared: :scared: . I just waiting for this block to be over with.

I did ok on the anatomy lab.... but i dont know about the lecture portion. Clinical skills was tough.... good luck to everyone!

Willie B said:
So guys,

How about that Clinical Skills exam this morning?? I could have gotten a 50% on it if I'm lucky. Oh well, hopefully Anatomy and Biochem will be better. Then again, they could be worse :scared: :scared: . I just waiting for this block to be over with.

Aaron Earles said:
I did ok on the anatomy lab.... but i dont know about the lecture portion. Clinical skills was tough.... good luck to everyone!

Yeah Aaron,

I might have gotten 20 right on the Anatomy Lecture. Boy, what is wrong with us on this block? I really don't want to be repeating again next year :scared: .

Willie B said:
Yeah Aaron,

I might have gotten 20 right on the Anatomy Lecture. Boy, what is wrong with us on this block? I really don't want to be repeating again next year :scared: .

AWWWW..... you wont have to repeat. Think positive!!!! Enjoy the evening. We deserve it after the block we just finished. Keep your heads up.

Aaron

hey yall. i'm interviewing nov. 20th at pikeville. where is a good place to stay the night before? thanks.

k

kendall said:
hey yall. i'm interviewing nov. 20th at pikeville. where is a good place to stay the night before? thanks.

k

Kendall

Most people stay in the Super 8 Motel. It is fairly new and it is beside several restaurants and our super walmart.

I will see you at the interview on Nov 20. I will be one of the first year ambassadors. Good luck to you!

Aaron

thanks aaron. i'll probably come into town friday afternoon, and run around campus for a while. see you there.

k

Good. If you would like, you are welcome to come and sit in our classes on Friday if you like. I could give you a tour of the school and show you around some. Let me know. Good luck to you .

ACE

that sounds like a great idea. what time would i need to be there friday to catch a class or two?

kendall

Hey Kendall.

We have class from 8:00 to 3:00 p.m. on Friday, November 19. The classes are in the following order. Clinical Skills, Gross Anatomy, Biochemistry, Current Issues in Medicine, and Histology after lunch. I dont know if you want to sit in all these classes or not. This is pretty much the entire classload we have for the first semester, minus gross lab and medical ethics. If you wanted to sit in all of them or a few of them it would be fine. They are getting ready to remodel the first year classroom, so we will probably not be in the room that your class will be in. We will more than likely be in the room that you will meet for your interview on that Saturday.

I will PM you with my phone number and email so you can contact me with any of the particulars.

I would call Angel and set up the visit for the classroom. She could probably take you to where we will be located on that Friday, or I could meet you somewhere. Just clear it with her, but I think that she will probably encourage you to sit in a class if you wish. Check your PM.

ACE

kendall said:
that sounds like a great idea. what time would i need to be there friday to catch a class or two?

kendall

VA Tech rules. Anyone see the game vs GA Tech lat night? VA Tech came back with 25pts in the last 6min of the 4th! It does not get better than that. GO HOKIES!!!!

E-

Aaron Earles said:
Hey Kendall.

We have class from 8:00 to 3:00 p.m. on Friday, November 19. The classes are in the following order. Clinical Skills, Gross Anatomy, Biochemistry, Current Issues in Medicine, and Histology after lunch. I dont know if you want to sit in all these classes or not. This is pretty much the entire classload we have for the first semester, minus gross lab and medical ethics. If you wanted to sit in all of them or a few of them it would be fine. They are getting ready to remodel the first year classroom, so we will probably not be in the room that your class will be in. We will more than likely be in the room that you will meet for your interview on that Saturday.

I will PM you with my phone number and email so you can contact me with any of the particulars.

I would call Angel and set up the visit for the classroom. She could probably take you to where we will be located on that Friday, or I could meet you somewhere. Just clear it with her, but I think that she will probably encourage you to sit in a class if you wish. Check your PM.

ACE

aaron,

i would definitely like to sit in on a class or two. i'll contact angel asap. it seems that my travel plans have changed somewhat b/c i just got an interview at wvsom for the 18th. so, i'll probably be coming to pikeville straight from lewisburg. i'll let you know what's up once i iron out the details.
thanks for your help.

k

I have interviewed at WVSOM a few times. It is a pretty nice school. I was accepted there and PCSOM this past year. Good luck on your interview. I can tell you one major downside (that is if you are not a WV resident) is the tuition is very high at WVSOM. The last time I checked, it was around 35,000 for out of state. Plus, you buy EVERYTHING you need. Lewisburg is a very expensive place to live as well, but it is pretty countryside.

Stay at the General Lewis Inn and tell them that you are a WVSOM interviewee. It will cost around 55.00 to stay there overnight. It is a nice little bed and breakfast. You will also meet at the General Lewis Inn in the morning for breakfast and again for lunch.

I am a WV resident, but I liked PCSOM better. So far, I have not been disappointed in my choice. PCSOM is going to be about 28,000, but they pay for all your books, memberships, OP&P table, stethoscope and otoscope, plus some other things. I wish you luck bro.

ACE

kendall said:
aaron,

i would definitely like to sit in on a class or two. i'll contact angel asap. it seems that my travel plans have changed somewhat b/c i just got an interview at wvsom for the 18th. so, i'll probably be coming to pikeville straight from lewisburg. i'll let you know what's up once i iron out the details.
thanks for your help.

k

Aaron Earles said:
Is it just me, or does the blocks sneak up on us real quick?

ACE,

No, it isn't just you. They do seem to really sneak up on us real quickly. But then again, I feel as if I've been in a time warp the last three months and it is now almost time for Thanksgiving break. Then, when we get back from that it is only three weeks and we have X-mas break. Boy, time really flies when you are miserable doesn't it?

Aaron Earles said:
I have interviewed at WVSOM a few times. It is a pretty nice school. I was accepted there and PCSOM this past year. Good luck on your interview. I can tell you one major downside (that is if you are not a WV resident) is the tuition is very high at WVSOM. The last time I checked, it was around 35,000 for out of state. Plus, you buy EVERYTHING you need. Lewisburg is a very expensive place to live as well, but it is pretty countryside.

Stay at the General Lewis Inn and tell them that you are a WVSOM interviewee. It will cost around 55.00 to stay there overnight. It is a nice little bed and breakfast. You will also meet at the General Lewis Inn in the morning for breakfast and again for lunch.

I am a WV resident, but I liked PCSOM better. So far, I have not been disappointed in my choice. PCSOM is going to be about 28,000, but they pay for all your books, memberships, OP&P table, stethoscope and otoscope, plus some other things. I wish you luck bro.

ACE

aaron,

just wondering if you know if angel hamilton is out of town or something. i have called her office several times and e-mailed her, but still have gotten no response. i was supposed to call to confirm that i would be present for my interview, but have yet to get anyone on the phone. i also wanted to ask her about sitting in on a class, but ..... should i try calling someone else?

kendall

kendall said:
aaron,

just wondering if you know if angel hamilton is out of town or something. i have called her office several times and e-mailed her, but still have gotten no response. i was supposed to call to confirm that i would be present for my interview, but have yet to get anyone on the phone. i also wanted to ask her about sitting in on a class, but ..... should i try calling someone else?

kendall

A bunch of faculty are out of town this week, don?t know if she is one of them. I would say leave her a message. She is one of the nicest people on the planet, if she has not gotten back to you there is bound to be some good reason. I would not try to call anyone else, they will just tell you that you need to talk to her. Good luck at your interview.

E-

eadysx said:
A bunch of faculty are out of town this week, don?t know if she is one of them. I would say leave her a message. She is one of the nicest people on the planet, if she has not gotten back to you there is bound to be some good reason. I would not try to call anyone else, they will just tell you that you need to talk to her. Good luck at your interview.

E-

thanks E. i guess i'll just keep trying to get her. maybe she'll be in by next monday.

k

Hey Kendall!

I dont know if she is out of town this week or not. She could be having some meetings or workshops. I saw her in the office some last week, but dont know if she has been there this week. Another good person that you could talk to is DeAnn, or even Mr. Payson. He is the dean over our program. I am sure that he could relay the message to Angel for you.

If you still want to come and sit in on our class, you are more than welcome to hang out with me that day. We will have histo, gross, and maybe some biochem on that day.

Have a good one... it is time to get back to studying for the blocks...

ACE

Aaron Earles said:
Hey Kendall!

I dont know if she is out of town this week or not. She could be having some meetings or workshops. I saw her in the office some last week, but dont know if she has been there this week. Another good person that you could talk to is DeAnn, or even Mr. Payson. He is the dean over our program. I am sure that he could relay the message to Angel for you.

If you still want to come and sit in on our class, you are more than welcome to hang out with me that day. We will have histo, gross, and maybe some biochem on that day.

Have a good one... it is time to get back to studying for the blocks...

ACE

aaron,

hey man, angel told me today that she thought it would be okay for me to sit in on a class with you as long as it was cool with the professor. i'll be in pikeville thursday evening. if you are still interested in letting me hang out, let me know where and when i can meet with you. i'll pm you my phone number. thanks.

k

I dont know about you guys, but I am sure glad that blocks are finished. Block 3 took a lot out of me.

Hmmm..... Thanksgiving break is almost here..... YYYEEEAAAHHHHH!

Aaron Earles said:
I dont know about you guys, but I am sure glad that blocks are finished. Block 3 took a lot out of me.

Hmmm..... Thanksgiving break is almost here..... YYYEEEAAAHHHHH!

This block was hardcore. So much for an easy Anatomy exam......
:scared:

E-

hey aaron, hope you had a good block... i know i am freakin beat, and its time to lash out some reps at the gym... i can tell you now that i am not going into hand surgery... anyhow, if you get this tonite, just wonderin what time the ambassadors meet tomorrow... if i remember correctly, it was around 7:15a... havent had the chance to do anymore since the very first one over the famous aoptic showcase or what ever you want to call it... anyways, i am outta for the tme being... i am going to spend a friday nite cleaning and laundry... this place needs a maid, i need a maid... :eek:

enjoy your nite, and i will talk to ya later!

-- "Is this Russia Danny? This isn't Russia..??"

George "the animal"

Welcome back everybody. I hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving and got plenty of turkey.

hey all,

just wondering if someone could give me an idea about how their budgets for the school year are working out. i saw that someone earlier in this thread had said that 38.5K was plenty, and someone else said their budget was 44K. what can i expect to need? i am single, no kids. it sounds like the apartments are expensive in pikeville. what's the deal with utilities? does PCSOM make your budget for 10 months or 12? do they consult with you as they create your budget (like, will they know if you have a car payment...)? i am kinda stressing about financing my education.

k

kendall said:

Hey there, sorry no one has answered you yet, were are a few days away from the last block exam before x-mas break. Everyone here is fried and ready to get away. Bump the thread after this friday and I will try to remember to answer your question as best I can. Aaron will be back on-line then too I would assume.

E-