RVU-UT Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPSOCKS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • The official thread for the inaugural class of RVUCOM's Utah campus!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting at RVU-UT in July 2017 and am looking for a potential roommate (Male or Female... for the sake of my girlfriend though she'd probably prefer a dude).
I'm from SLC, born and raised. 26, Male, 6'1", myopic, white, straight, Taurus, year of the Metal Horse, not religious (but respectful), superclean, and easygoing. I will be going to SLC most weekends to see my family and the dutchess. I'm pretty social, so us becoming friends is inevitable.
I plan to take over the school like Harry Potter, I have the glasses, just need a Ron (or Hermione)
Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm starting at RVU-UT in July 2017 and am looking for a potential roommate (Male or Female... for the sake of my girlfriend though she'd probably prefer a dude).
I'm from SLC, born and raised. 26, Male, 6'1", myopic, white, straight, Taurus, year of the Metal Horse, not religious (but respectful), superclean, and easygoing. I will be going to SLC most weekends to see my family and the dutchess. I'm pretty social, so us becoming friends is inevitable.
I plan to take over the school like Harry Potter, I have the glasses, just need a Ron (or Hermione)
Let me know!

I lived in st. George for along time. I suggest looking into renting a casita in Ivins area. I lived in Ivins. And a lot of houses around here have casitas. My house had one. It's attached to the house but separate. It was really nice to have for guests. A lot of young couples rent out to help with mortgages that is to much for them to handle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I lived in st. George for along time. I suggest looking into renting a casita in Ivins area. I lived in Ivins. And a lot of houses around here have casitas. My house had one. It's attached to the house but separate. It was really nice to have for guests. A lot of young couples rent out to help with mortgages that is to much for them to handle.

Thanks for the advice! I was wondering about the housing situation down in Ivins. Does anyone know if the on campus housing will be ready to go by the time school starts? Excited to meet you guys in the summer!

Harlowgrey that's good to know. I have a coworker with a casita he rents out for $810/mo. Kinda sounds like a lot... thoughts?

Thanks for the advice! I was wondering about the housing situation down in Ivins. Does anyone know if the on campus housing will be ready to go by the time school starts? Excited to meet you guys in the summer!

I'm sure you got the email about the student housing. I asked when we could start applying but they responded with "we'll email details as they become available".

Hey! I'm Andrew.

I didn't know they were having an application process. I'm planning on renting the apartment they are building on-campus. They did promise it will be done by the time we move in so I think it's a good choice. Let me know what you guys' thoughts are. :)

Yup! I'm doing the same. Not sure how we are gonna match roommates yet for those who want to split a two bedroom

I see we're the Roadrunners now! How fearsome!

I'm a first year at RVU-CO and if you guys have any questions, feel free to post them here and I'll have it email me when there's a question.

I'm a first year at RVU-CO and if you guys have any questions, feel free to post them here and I'll have it email me when there's a question.

Hi bon22, any downsides to using a Mac?

Hi bon22, any downsides to using a Mac?

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro and I have absolutely no problems at all. In fact, the tests seem to load faster on a Mac (this could be either a good or bad thing depending on the day). It really just comes down to preference as I see our class is 50/50 Mac & PC.

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro and I have absolutely no problems at all. In fact, the tests seem to load faster on a Mac (this could be either a good or bad thing depending on the day). It really just comes down to preference as I see our class is 50/50 Mac & PC.

That's actually super helpful, thank you!

Heads up guys! I guess the Utah campus has released the pricing for the on-campus housing here: Floor Plans – Crimson Cliffs Student Residences. Please warn other students to not live there. A 350 ft^2 apt is $1650/month and that is just absolutely ridiculous. You can live in St. George for 1/3 of that price and only commute 20 minutes everyday with a beautiful drive. Don't get price gouged for no reason. Please just rent a house with fellow classmates and have unnecessary debt.