PCSOM Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, i was accepted to pikeville in january. just wanted to say hello to everyone. i've been told to start looking at places to live now. how should i forward information on where i want to live to students who will be graduating this may. Thanks, larry

Members don't see this ad.

ark linson said:
Hi, i was accepted to pikeville in january. just wanted to say hello to everyone. i've been told to start looking at places to live now. how should i forward information on where i want to live to students who will be graduating this may. Thanks, larry

Congratulations ark linson! I have also commited to PCSOM Class of '09 and I'm also starting to look for housing. Does anyone have Janatte Kanaan's, I believe she also goes by Diane (PCSOM Class of '07), contact information. Email address would be just fine. I met her at my interview (she gave me and a few others a tour of PCSOM). I recall her telling me that the place she is currently living will likely be vacant and may be of interest to me. I suppose that other PCSOM student housing will also become vaccant in the near future. If anyone wants to fill me and others in on housing info, that would be greatly appreciated. [Those that aren't familiar w/ a small town like Pikeville, like myself, really can struggle with figuring these things out and can greatly benifit for the abundant knowledge of upperclassmen!]

Also, I was just curious what most single med students at PCSOM do as far as housing arrangements go. Do most of you live alone or have a roomate(s)? Any advice on this? I've heard that you don't want to live with someone in your class, which makes sense because you'll be around them all day and that could cause some problems later. I have lots of things to consider before August gets here!

jester2051 said:
Also, I was just curious what most single med students at PCSOM do as far as housing arrangements go. Do most of you live alone or have a roomate(s)? Any advice on this? I've heard that you don't want to live with someone in your class, which makes sense because you'll be around them all day and that could cause some problems later.
Pikeville Apartments

If you're looking for a single bedroom apt, within walking distance, and moderately maintained....

I'd first look at The Anthony, Autumn, and Ridge Cliff (I forewarn you though, beware of the lady that runs the place). I've heard of others above Dr. Gutti's office and above Appalachian News Express, but I couldn't tell you much about them. At any of those places you'll be living down the hall from people you go to class with.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey doc holliday,

What are you doing on the floors of the hospital???? This is supposed to be Spring Break!!!

Willie B said:
hey doc holliday,

What are you doing on the floors of the hospital???? This is supposed to be Spring Break!!!

Getting shoved around by nurses and their aides for 40 hours/3 days. Who knew Xigris costs $11000, I would of sold it for much much more... :rolleyes:

Someone informed me that I would be able to find warm water and sandy white beaches off the Detroit River with the Budweiser girls and all the trimmings for a killer spring break. I was misled, MTV is not here... I wouldn't recommend my travel agent. Hope to have better luck next year in Beirut.

I am on my way to celebrate my 1/32 of Irish blood!! :luck: Merry St Patty's Day to all, and to all a good night!

Go STATE! Beat Old Dominion..??..?? <wha?? come on now!>

GO OU! Beat UNC!! A gazillion to one odds for you to win the Tourney!! I place one dollar!! :idea:

Hey doc holiday and dcratamt,

I wanted to congratulate both of you on your awards at the PCSOM Spring Banquet. I cant think of two people who deserve those awards better than the two of you! I also liked both of your acceptance speeches!

One and a half blocks left until OMS II!

see you in DC doc holiday!

ACE

Aaron Earles said:
Hey doc holiday and dcratamt,

I wanted to congratulate both of you on your awards at the PCSOM Spring Banquet. I cant think of two people who deserve those awards better than the two of you! I also liked both of your acceptance speeches!

One and a half blocks left until OMS II!

see you in DC doc holiday!

ACE

Thanks man, likewise on your accolades... i am honored to be a recipient, as well as a classmate of you fine gentlemen...

anways, i am reallymlooking forward to the dc trip, just the fact of leaving pikevegas for a week is exciting in on its own. anyways, yo necesito estudiar...

enjoy the great weather, and i will see ya'll in class...

ciao!

jorge

Hey ACE,
Thanks a lot for your post and congrats on your award. You are in DC right now but i know that puter is with you. Hope you and George have much fun. Later.
-Coop :cool:

dcratamt said:
Hey ACE,
Thanks a lot for your post and congrats on your award. You are in DC right now but i know that puter is with you. Hope you and George have much fun. Later.
-Coop :cool:

No problem Coop.

You deserved that award very much. DOs on the Hill Day and the SOMA conference was a huge success. I cant wait to tell you all about the trip. See you in the am.

ACE

Aaron Earles said:
No problem Coop.

You deserved that award very much. DOs on the Hill Day and the SOMA conference was a huge success. I cant wait to tell you all about the trip. See you in the am.

ACE

Why wait though???? Don't you remember that we are all type A personalities and have no patience :laugh:

Wow, over a month since we last posted on this thread. Time to resurrect this thread!

I need to start studying for our last block. I am looking forward to 6 weeks off.

I know, I'm looking forward actually having some time off this summer. But, I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Aaron Earles said:
Wow, over a month since we last posted on this thread. Time to resurrect this thread!

Well, this is kind of cool, I got it from the Pre-Osteo Match List Thread.

E-

PCSOM 2005 Match List

Unofficial list. Repeated items indicate multiple students at the same program.

FP, ETSU, Johnson City, TN
Internship. St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK
IM/EM, LSU Charity Med Ctr, New Orleans, LA
FP, UK (Hazard) Med Ctr, Hazard, KY
IM, Tripler Army Med Ctr, Honolulu, HI
FP, St. Joseph Med Ctr, South Bend, IN
FP, U. of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
OB/GYN, POH/St. Joseph Mercy, Pontiac, MI
FP, Eastern Maine Medical Center, Bangor, ME
Pediatrics, Cabell Huntington Hospital, Huntington, WV
Surgery, Garden City Hospital, Garden City, MI
Internship, Our Lady of Bellefonte, Ashland, KY
IM, Carraway Methodist Med Ctr, Birmingham, AL
Transitional year, UT Medical Ctr, Knoxville, TN
Transitional year, UT Medical Ctr, Knoxville, TN
FP, St. Elizabeth Hospital, Covington, KY
Anesthesiology, Des Peres Hospital, St. Louis, MO
FP, Palmetto Richland Hosp., Columbia, SC
IM, MUSC, Charleston, SC
IM, UT Medical Ctr, Knoxville, TN
FP, Northwest Arkansas AHEC, Fayetteville, AR
Pathology, U. of Mississippi Medical Ctr, Jackson, MS
FP, Deaconess Hospital, Evansville, IN
Surgery, Maricopa Med Ctr, Phoenix, AZ
Emergency Medicine, Pitt Co. Memorial Hosp., Greenville, NC
Pediatrics, U. of Maryland Med Ctr, Baltimore, MD
Pediatrics, Tulane U. Med Ctr, New Orleans, LA
Internship, St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK
Anesthesiology, VCU Health System, Richmond, VA
Neurosurgery, BroMenn Hospital/St. Joseph's Hospital, Bloomington, IL
Surgery, St. Joseph's Mercy of Macomb, Clinton Township, MI
FP/OMM, Botsford General Hospital, Farmington Hills, MI
FP, Our Lady of Bellefonte, Ashland, KY
Neurology, Grandview Hospital, Dayton, OH
Surgery, Grandview Hospital, Dayton, OH
ENT, Grandview Hospital, Dayton, OH
Internship, Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH
Emergency Medicine, Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH
Anesthesiology, Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH
FP, Pikeville Med Ctr, Pikeville, KY
Internship, Pikeville Med Ctr, Pikeville, KY
Pediatrics, Akron General, Akron, OH
Internship, Norton Comm. Hospital, Norton, VA
IM, Norton Comm. Hospital, Norton, VA
IM, Norton Comm. Hospital, Norton, VA
FP, St. Johns Episcopal, Far Rockaway, NY
IM, Carilion Health System, Roanoke, VA
FP, Palmetto Richland Hosp., Columbia, SC

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Eric,

If you get access to the other match lists, like you requested, can you send them to me too or post them here??

hey ya'll, good luck on your exams. :luck: congrats on completing your first year. i expect you all to be drunken maniacs by monday afternoon.

k

kendall said:
hey ya'll, good luck on your exams. :luck: congrats on completing your first year. i expect you all to be drunken maniacs by monday afternoon.

k

Correct- I should be sluring my words some time after 3:30.

E-

I actually have a copy of the 2004 match list. Unfortunately, I have no idea where it is. Perhaps when I move next week, I will be able to find it and let you guys know within the next few weeks. Most, as always, chose primary care fields. I think there was ZERO general surgery (because no one wanted it) and only 2 surgical specialties period, 1-urology and 1-ortho.

Pikevillemedstudent said:
I actually have a copy of the 2004 match list. Unfortunately, I have no idea where it is. Perhaps when I move next week, I will be able to find it and let you guys know within the next few weeks. Most, as always, chose primary care fields. I think there was ZERO general surgery (because no one wanted it) and only 2 surgical specialties period, 1-urology and 1-ortho.

The sun sets here! :laugh:

good luck on your exams! enjoy the post exam festivities and your summer!

"50 bucks says the Smailes kid picks his nose..."

doc_holliday said:
The sun sets here! :laugh:

good luck on your exams! enjoy the post exam festivities and your summer!

"50 bucks says the Smailes kid picks his nose..."

exactly, less than 48 hours and everything will be a memory from this year (good or bad)

Willie B said:
exactly, less than 48 hours and everything will be a memory from this year (good or bad)
Yeah Willie B and i know you have some bad ones. :laugh:

dcratamt said:
Yeah Willie B and i know you have some bad ones. :laugh:

Who Me????? Whatever could you be talking about :confused:

I just went back and read the first page of this thread and can't believe that first year is nearly over. Good luck on the last block guys......and may the force be with you. :thumbup:

I know that most of you wont get to read this before the exams today, but i wanted to wish you all good luck on the finals today. We have come a long way this year and it is hard for me to believe that today is the last day of the first year.

It has been my pleasure having each of you as classmates this year and look forward to continuing our friendship over the years to come. Once again, good luck to you today and I hope that all of you have a great 6 week break. T-minus 9 hours and counting . . . . . .

ACE

Well how bout those exams! Thanks aaron, but i prefer to think not of today as the last day of MS1 but of the first day of MS2. This is made easier by the fact that Dr. Harris just sent me pharm **** for next year. :laugh: I will catch up with you this evening or tomorrow. Have fun.

Just wanted to say thanks for the good times. Glad to see this year to be over, and not having to worry about another pallo reaming exam ever again! Bring on Laurich!!

Hope y'all enjoy the summer!

gc

"Joe Louis is a 107 years old!.."

So,

How is everyone enjoying their days off?

Aaron Earles said:
It is nice to go to bed at night without worrying about an exam. Hahaha....

Yes it is. So, what do you guys think of the new forum?? It does make it easier to find our thread when one of us hasn't posted on it in awhile.

Hey ACE,

Did you see your picture in the DO magazine?

Willie B said:
Hey ACE,

Did you see your picture in the DO magazine?

Now that he is famous i guess he is too good to talk to us peasants. :thumbup:

dcratamt said:
Now that he is famous i guess he is too good to talk to us peasants. :thumbup:

Yeah, people almost always get a big head once they get famous :smuggrin:

Willie B said:
Yeah, people almost always get a big head once they get famous :smuggrin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcratamt
Now that he is famous i guess he is too good to talk to us peasants.

am glad to see you 2 are still alive and well... what a forum... man, i am bored... and i'm here at work...

jorge :sleep:

you shouldn't be bored, you are at work :smuggrin: .

doc_holliday said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcratamt
Now that he is famous i guess he is too good to talk to us peasants.

am glad to see you 2 are still alive and well... what a forum... man, i am bored... and i'm here at work...

jorge :sleep:

Could be worse, I am still here in Pikeville and I am totally out of things to do. My BAC is good and high though.... :thumbup:

E-

eadysx said:
Could be worse, I am still here in Pikeville and I am totally out of things to do. My BAC is good and high though.... :thumbup:

E-

Look on the bright side we'll all be back here in a month. What is BAC?

E - I should have my bike back in riding condition today so as soon as this baby stuff calms a bit I'll give you a call.

jawicobike said:
Look on the bright side we'll all be back here in a month. What is BAC?

E - I should have my bike back in riding condition today so as soon as this baby stuff calms a bit I'll give you a call.

BAC = Blood Alcohol Content. (So like I said, you can be sure mine is high :) ) Biking sounds good. Call me when you get the little girl settled in.

E-

Hey guys,

I apologize for not posting for while, I have been very busy this summer with SOMA and SGA stuff.

I hope you are all doing well... I hate that picture of me in the DO magazine, haha, I am glad our school got some PR, but my pic was aweful. Sal is the real star!

ACE

P.S. Coop, I sent your mail yesterday. You have not been getting much in the last two weeks until the day I sent it to you. You should be getting it soon!

Aaron Earles said:
Hey guys,

I apologize for not posting for while, I have been very busy this summer with SOMA and SGA stuff.

I hope you are all doing well... I hate that picture of me in the DO magazine, haha, I am glad our school got some PR, but my pic was aweful. Sal is the real star!

ACE

P.S. Coop, I sent your mail yesterday. You have not been getting much in the last two weeks until the day I sent it to you. You should be getting it soon!
Thanks Aaron that is a big relief.

dcratamt said:
Thanks Aaron that is a big relief.

Hey Coop,

I promise that I sent it out on Thursday. Let me know if you dont get it by tomorrow afternoon. Week before last you just had some junk mail and your AOA magazine. Last week you started getting some bills and bank statements, so I mailed it to you.

Let me know if you dont get it Coop!

ACE

Aaron Earles said:
Hey Coop,

I promise that I sent it out on Thursday. Let me know if you dont get it by tomorrow afternoon. Week before last you just had some junk mail and your AOA magazine. Last week you started getting some bills and bank statements, so I mailed it to you.

Let me know if you dont get it Coop!

ACE

... minus what i took. :smuggrin: hope yer enjoying the break!

Well Ladies and Gentlemen.....and the rest of the class of 2008 vacation is officially over. Let me be the first to say best of luck to everyone. Work hard and play hard. See you in the OMSII classroom tomorrow morning, and pray you don't get a 350 pound transfer sitting next to you in those damn chairs. Make sure to buckle your seat belts before the ride starts. :thumbup: :scared:

And don't forget to keep hands and feet inside the ride at all times ;) . Atleast we get a real classroom this year.

I think that this thread is in its dying throes right now. Who can blame it given the recent turn of events :( .

E, love the comment in your signature. Where did you find it at?

Willie B said:
I think that this thread is in its dying throes right now. Who can blame it given the recent turn of events :( .

E, love the comment in your signature. Where did you find it at?

Despite the fact that it says unknown, it came from a friend of mine from college. He is a Vietnam vet, beekeeper, avid caver, hang-glider and also a little crazy. But he tells really cool stories about his life and gives me little chunks of advice like the one on my signature. It says unknown b/c he was unsure if it was all his, or if he picked some of it up here and there.

E-