PCOM (Philadelphia) Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to hear Will. Hopefully things work out for ya.

Still no news on my end....

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone mind sharing what the wording of their waitlist letter is like? Do you have to send in a form to them to let you know if you want to be on the waitlist or not like I have heard at a few other schools?

Oh and does anyone know if they have like a "priority" waitlist? Or there are just 100 or so people that they review every time a spot opens up. I know they said they don't rank

Members don't see this ad :)
It's pretty much a standard letter. It states there is no ranking and that they will review the entire list each time a spot opens up until August. There is a form you have to send back that states whether or not you are interested in the wait list and also asks for you to update address, email, and phone numbers.

It's a pretty standard letter and the envelope is thin (2 pages)

waitlisted as well :( does anyone know how this works? how many they take etc...?

waitlisted as well :( does anyone know how this works? how many they take etc...?

From what I've heard, there typically isn't a whole lot of movement on the list. Looking at past threads, it looks like only maybe 5 or so sdn-ers were taken in each year, but I don't know if that's an accurate representation of the total number. It also looks like all the movement was in the summer...which is typical for DO schools. I guess the best way to do it is if you have acceptances elsewhere, go with that and maybe you'll get a gift come the summer...but expect it as that, a gift, and don't bank on it happening...at least that's the way I'm gonna approach it so I don't get my hopes up...

I liked you PCOM...but it looks like you weren't ready to commit...I'll miss you.

Anyone knows how big the list is? I know PCOM isn't afraid to reject post interview so they don't waitlist everyone they don't like...but is the list huge? Anyone have any insight?

Yowza. Looks like they sent out lots of bad news recently. Sorry everyone :( :( Not really looking forward to the mailman's visit tomorrow.....

Im in the Aprill 22nd hold crowd, and I haven't got any mail yet either. Sent an update/loi @ the end of March and interviewed in mid Feb. Seems pretty negative from what you guys are saying. Someone had to trickle in out of our group!!! I'll relay whatever news I get, assuming it'll be tomorrow from the sounds of things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the Apr. 22nd group received any acceptance correspondence back, or has it all been one waitlist to the next waitlist?

So far my count is 1 acceptance, 3 waitlists-- although that acceptance was from an applicant who interviewed recently (hopeful2618). Haven't heard of any acceptances from the "Apr 22 wait list" group. Doesn't look good.

So far my count is 1 acceptance, 3 waitlists-- although that acceptance was from an applicant who interviewed recently (hopeful2618). Haven't heard of any acceptances from the "Apr 22 wait list" group. Doesn't look good.

Tears...I expect more from the group will hear early this week. Keeping my fingers crossed :xf:

Tears...I expect more from the group will hear early this week. Keeping my fingers crossed :xf:

Good Luck you guys!

The letter did state that an unexpected amount of people chose PCOM as their first choice this year...that might mean they got more big deposits than they expected this week. Letter was dated on wed the 13th, so if they made a decision this week for you guys, you'll prob be getting them tomorrow.

i didn't get a letter, but from the looks of it, I am assuming I am waitlisted. Even while looking through past years forums...it looks like everyone just gets waitlisted or rejected from the "april 22nd" group.

I got a waitlist letter as well. But I'm not sure if it is different than the standard letter or not. Would anyone mind posting how the last paragraph is worded?

I got a waitlist letter as well. But I'm not sure if it is different than the standard letter or not. Would anyone mind posting how the last paragraph is worded?

I don't have it on me, but I think it pretty much says that they hope that they will be able to find you a spot and thanks for your patience/good luck. (rough paraphrase from memory)

Compared to another wait list letter I received, PCOM's sounded quite optomistic...but I doubt that really means much...probably just letting us down easy.

Sailor, out of curiosity, does yours say something different?

Last edited:
haha, i called my rents about 5 times in 2 hrs asking if they got the mail because I am away at school. I think we have reached a level near insanity !!!:eek:

sorry i am posting so much i am so nervous, but when did you get your letter? today!?

Nothing for me either, I live out of state... Taking this as a good sign, or maybe the mail is just slow. I was dreading my parents calling me with a WL letter...

Mine closes with "we are hopeful we will have a place for you" which I hoped was special because I wouldn't think they would send that statement to all waitlisters but apparently so

Same here, no mail today. If others don't mind, could you please say what was the date on the wait list letter from the april 22nd crowd. Perhaps it will bring some sense as to why there seems to be almost a four day difference between those who have gotten a letter and those who have not.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Yep. No envelope from PCOM. A G A I N

Same here, no mail today. If others don't mind, could you please say what was the date on the wait list letter from the april 22nd crowd. Perhaps it will bring some sense as to why there seems to be almost a four day difference between those who have gotten a letter and those who have not.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Mine was postmarked April 14th. Big ol' wait list! I wonder how long to wait before I start the next app cycle and re-apply?

Last edited:
wow this is really frustrating.

Im still waiting as well.....:confused:

I know PCOM's adcom meets on 4/22 to make decisions about waitlisted people and late interviewers. Does anyone know if GA-PCOM's adcom meets the same day?

Still no letter as of today.

Hopefully this delay is just culminating to good news for those patiently waiting.

Still no letter as of today.

Ditto. Has anyone caved and actually called PCOM? I was really close today, but didn't.... At this point I wonder if they will actually make good on their "no later than April 22nd" promise. I love the school, but this is really a strain on the relationship haha.

Also, waitlisted folks, if you are still visiting this thread would you mind posting when you interviewed? I wonder if those of us who haven't heard are just next in line or maybe we were delayed for some reason.

Last edited:
If I had to guess, they probably only got through part of the files last week and will do the rest/work on more this week...that is if they meet this week, but I guess they have to if they want to make good on their promise of the 22nd. I would probably expect a letter late this week...maybe friday or saturday....because last week it sounds like they met Tues or Wed and mailed the letters Thursday because Philly people got them Fri and people from further away (me) got it on Saturday...here's to hoping for some acceptances. I interviewed in early march...so some of you have been waiting longer than me!

Getting a waitlist really is really excruciating...they string you along for almost 2 months and then they say...hey, can you wait longer...but I would imagine a rejection after all of this would probably bring about more anger than sadness.

Now I'm stuck forking over big bucks to another school, which I kind of like, and will probably end up going with because I have to start looking into housing options and everything is starting to get complicated...

I interviewed mid Feb, and still haven't heard yet. And I have a feeling the April 22nd "promise" is gonna be broken! Unless we all receive letters in a 1-2 day span, which seems less likely.

I'm also in the "I have another acceptance" boat and I'm deciding on where to go. I need to make living arrangements and it would be unfortunate to continue to get strung along by my top choice!!! A WL would just complicate my life even further. I can see it now, me moving 2000 miles away just to get the call to come back after I've signed my lease and everything.

hi everyone! i interviewed in early march and haven't heard back either. it's so hard to wait like this, but maybe this means good news? i haven't been accepted at all yet...so i would really welcome some good news at this point. especially after waiting months and months...and months....

glad to know i'm not alone however. keep posting!

I legitimately ran to open the mailbox and find....nothing. :( Sigh.

Congrats!!! Nice to hear some good news on here! You were in the April 22nd crowd? If so, this bodes well for the rest of us.

I'm guessing a lot of you will hear tomorrow and Saturday...it looks like a repeat of last week...hopefully there will be more acceptances this time around...but also, we on the waitlist could use some more company! just kidding...

Good Luck!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Congrats lightthelamp4! Do you live near the school? When did you interview?

Congratulations! Definitely takes away a minute amount of anxiety...

just got an acceptance letter today dated 4/20. i interviewed in february and got the april 22 hold letter. i live around philadelphia so it got to me in a day.

Nothing in my mailbox today. Here's to hoping this recent trend of acceptances continues!

Just got the acceptance letter!
Interviewed early March, and letter was dated April 20th.

To all those still waiting, your so close, just hold out a bit longer and it will happen.

Told you guys to stay positive, and things are looking up! :rolleyes: I'll be camping the mailbox out @ my house in MD tomorrow. This string of acceptances has me really excited, that's how I know this is the school I want to go to!

I live in glenside, 20 min from pcom, I interviewed feb 22 and just got in today. Was anyone else here with my interview group? I'm Patrick, I think I talked to everyone In my group...I hope you guys made it !!