PaWWsta - The Game that WWrites Itself (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supershorty

Don't look so vexed, toots.
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1675484343325.png

Holy cannelloni! What a strange situation the noodles found themselves in. Something about it just seemed ... off. Like it should be recorded for pastaterity. There were puns. Pastatively amazing ones, quite honestly. Everywhere. Why were there so many puns?

If you're not feeling stroganoff to handle the sauciness, it's okay. As every pastafarian knows, an important part of the relationship between the noodles and the water is that it needs to be strained sometimes. And here we find ourselves, on the brink of a pot, salty as the sea, needing to decide which noodles shall reign supreme.

Some of the noodles felt like hopeless ramentics. They envisioned themselves diving artistically into the pot, the blazing champions of the day. Others felt a little less sure because jumping into boiling water is a pretty weird aspiration to have tbh.

And yet, our sentient noodles find themselves in a feeling of unease. Like they needed to pastapone their plans to solve the mystery of who among them was ... an impasta.

But can they do it before time runs out?

As they stared suspiciously at the noodles in their midst, they thought of one more terrible pun.
What do you get when you cross a pasta and a dog?
I'll let you think on it.

They heard the sound of a single bubble rising from the pot's bottom up through the swirling water.

Pop.

Welcome to PaWWsta, the game that wrote itself.

16 players remain.

1.) @Animal Midwife
2.) @VeggieTrex
3.) @chicandtoughness
4.) @genny
5.) @Dinashadow
6.) @miranda920
7.) @WildZoo
8.) @mightyrunner7
9.) @SARdoghandler
10.) @Santygrass
11.) @mkg323
12.) @matthirten13
13.) @Wondalfy
14.) @Clem J
15.) @Viscernable
16.) @samac

The thread will be unlocked after a few more opening posts.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Table of Contents

Day 1: Most recent tally - 2/5 at 8:16pm; Final tally; Write up
Night 1: Write up

Day 2: Most recent tally - 2/8 at 8:23pm; INTERMISSION: Sporty subs in for matt; Final tally; Write up

Night 2: Write up

Day 3: Most recent tally - 2/11 at 8:04pm; Final tally; Write up
Night 3: Write up

Day 4: Most recent tally - 2/14 at 7:40pm; Final tally; Write up
Night 4: Write up

Day 5: Most recent tally - 2/17 at 5:40pm; Final tally; Actual write up?; Or is this the actual write up?
Night 5: Write up

Day 6: Most recent tally - 2/20 at 7:54pm; Final tally; Final write up

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Rules, including participation requirements

1. Most importantly: this is a game and is meant to be fun. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Players resorting to personal attacks will be removed from gameplay without warning. NO EXCEPTIONS, AND NO SUBS FOR MODKILLED PLAYERS.
Examples of behavior we do not tolerate: name calling (e.g. “shorty is being a b****”), calling other players’ play poor/bad/subpar, or personal attacks (i.e. "shorty is insufferable"). Please note that calling someone a wolf or wolfy is not a personal attack.

2. Voting will close at 10 PM EST (9 PM CST/7 PM PST). Night will close at 10 PM EST as well, because that's how 48/24 works. Night cycles are closed and the thread will be locked.

3. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread or your role PM. Do not open PMs with other players. There may be mechanics for PMs in this game, or there may not be, but those will be opened by the mods. If they exist.

The mechanics, I mean. The mods exist. We're pretty sure.

4. Players must make 10 content posts per 48/24 cycle to avoid mod wrath. Naked yeet votes do not count as content posts. There is not currently a post cap, but we will institute one if things get out of hand.

5. Dead players: please keep your on-thread posts to a minimum, and if you do post, please do so in ******stars******. Please do not react to strategy posts in the game once you are dead. Same goes for tots and subs - please do not react to strategy posts at all.

6. Ties will be resolved through RNG. Anything can happen. shorty in particular likes mass executions. Consider yourselves warned, but remain clam.

7. Please do not quote, screenshot, or copy/paste from your mod PM. Please don’t fake quotes, screenshots, or copy/pastes from a mod PM either.

8. Editing posts is permitted, but do not delete them. Remember to unvote if you are changing your vote.

9. Votes must be formatted in bold or #########surrounded by octothorpes#########. Please make the mods’ lives easier by not hiding your vote in a wall of text. Please use the terms “vote” or “yeet” when placing your vote. Tagging the mods when you vote is not required, but is highly appreciated.

10. Do not discuss or share night results before the night write-up is posted. Strategizing between vote closing and write up is permitted, including for the person voted out. Discussing night results prior to write-up posting will get you a spanking.

11. If you require a sub due to unavoidable circumstances, please contact the mods in your role PM, and do not discuss it on the thread.

12. Gifs are welcomed, and encouraged, but please hide them in spoiler tags. If you don’t know how to use spoilers, ask.

13. We frown upon the use of village code and angleshooting. It will not help you in this game. All it will do is annoy the mods, and we have twitchy trigger fingers.
Examples of what we consider village code or angleshooting:
"My role PM contains the phrase "vanilla beans are the best beans," does anyone else have that phrase?"
"All the wolves that flipped were creatures you find in the mines, so let's all role reveal and solve by role names".

This game, like other shorty games, is specifically designed so it cannot be solved that way. So don't do it.

You won't be punished for it, but I can guarantee it will not help you.​

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
:bag: :sorry:

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I'm here to **** around and find out (who the mafia are)

Discussing night results prior to write-up posting will get you a spanking
Probably shouldn't make rules that reward you for breaking the rules rather than punish you for it tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
This is a timely game start cause we actually found some gluten free ravioli for my mom to try earlier today.

In that spirit

vote VeggieTrex @supershorty

because they have the most motherly username

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanna get in on the D1 voting action but I can't think of a good pasta pun to do it with

yeet matthirten13 @supershorty

• Hmm
  • Haha
unvote veggie

vote matt

• Sad
I just wanna get in on the D1 voting action but I can't think of a good pasta pun to do it with

yeet matthirten13 @supershorty
So you’re straining to find pasta puns? Sounds like too high of a water to pasta ratio to me

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Also samac did not read that this game is 48/24 with closed nights and just got excited that Dina was on the sign up list.
*eye twitch*

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Care
Okay I’m bored now.
Someone wake up pls.

• Angry
Yeet benoit

• Haha
Oh God game started and I procastinated too much and didnt find another pasta ava. Maybe I'll just stick with this .

I wont vote anyone for now. Make Pasta, not War

• Wow
  • Care
Oh God game started and I procastinated too much and didnt find another pasta ava. Maybe I'll just stick with this .

…. but it is pasta themed?

They are on a date eating pasta. The most romantic thing to ever exist hmmyes

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
With this ava I would've pocketed @SportPonies but they arent playing woweee. I'm going to dip out for a while and Im going to contradict myself because leaving with my vote on no one makes me feel itchy

Yeet Matthirteen

• Wow
  • Hmm
I actually thought it was Matt lol
All the noobs are running together

The self vote is unsettling but noob

I'm sure his grandmother will be here eventually to spank him for it

• Wow

With this ava I would've pocketed @SportPonies but they arent playing woweee. I'm going to dip out for a while and Im going to contradict myself because leaving with my vote on no one makes me feel itchy

Yeet Matthirteen

I see it took only one hour to progress from pasta to war :heckyeah:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Fun fact, one upon a time this show was called The Master Debaters. And it airs on our national radio station :rofl:
Wait that was a real thing?
Critical role did a whole master debater gag and I thought it was the most hilarious thing.

Suddenly I want to make another Canada game just with wilder references like the Debaters hahaha

Wait that was a real thing?
Critical role did a whole master debater gag and I thought it was the most hilarious thing.

Indeed it was a thing. It lasted like no time and was quickly scrubbed from the collective archives of the cbc like it never existed. But I remember it being advertised as such on the radio in the mid aughts

• Love
  • Haha
If anyone wants to experience the amazingness that is this podcast, I was giggle dying at their Halloween episode this year so highly recommend looking up ep 1707 Witches vs Wizards

Spotify link:

• Love
I apologize, the site I used for making color gradients in text no longer works and I need to find a new one.

No need to be ravilonely when we're all together - Day 1 Tally

chic (1) - genny
AM (1) - Dubz
Veggie ()
matt (2) - Clem, Santy
genny (1) - chic
mighty (1) - Dina

@matthirten13, you are in the lead!
6/14 voting
Missing: the 8 whose names aren't up there

Vote closes tomorrow at 10pm EST/9pm CST/7pm Fantasyland (~35 hours).

• Wow