Okami WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
He has said before that microwaved eggs are worse than rotten eggs šŸ˜”
I donā€™t think I ever said this

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought she was referring to pocketing true and fluff
That was my interpretation as well.

But my intent wasnā€™t to ā€œpocketā€. Believe me, my pockets have better advertising campaigns than that.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry, I'm still in the lead :D
Pretty sure weā€™re tied, no?

Also Dubzā€™s salt vote doesnā€™t count because itā€™s not real.

Both Zuri and your votes seem to be real. So technically Iā€™m in the lead.

Numbers is villains

• Hmm
Pretty sure weā€™re tied, no?

Also Dubzā€™s salt vote doesnā€™t count because itā€™s not real.

Both Zuri and your votes seem to be real. So technically Iā€™m in the lead.

Numbers is villains
Ah, missed Zuri's vote.

Eggcellent, pressure works better when there's real pressure.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Zenge's early posts are making my nose tickle and I want to see how he responds to votes on him.
Is ā€œnose ticklingā€ something that frequently happens when youā€™re suspicious of something?

Just trying to imagine Sherlock Holmes getting constant nose ticklesā€¦WAIT! OMG! Is that why he was always doing coke!? To numb the nose tickles?! It all makes sense!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Any specific posts in particular?
There's no one big red flag, just some combination of this stuff:

@WildZoo you think Sporty will yeet you or me first?

Thank you. ā¤ļø

(Swear to god youā€™d better not be trying to pocket me)

Why Fluff?

Why True?

Why are yā€™all yeeting my good eggs? šŸ„ŗ

I do that. :sorry:

feels a little... off

Can youā€¦ elaborate?
I mean, we're on page 3 of the thread. Not much to elaborate on. You feel a lil different and I was curious how you'd react to a vote.

inb4 Dubz voice

Yeet Zenge
Tear Up Young And Restless GIF by CBS

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Not once you've pointed out you were examining the reaction. It's no longer pure.
Impure doesn't mean un-valuable

Also I need a little time to form a clear opinion, and writing it down prematurely might affect my thought process.

Not once you've pointed out you were examining the reaction. It's no longer pure.
Actually Iā€™m not sure this is true. Isnā€™t always presumed everyone is examining everything you do, regardless of votes on you.

To suggest youā€™re examining someone in WW with or without a vote on them is essentially the same as saying youā€™re looking to catch a wolf, or planning to vote at some point.

Everyone is bringing scrutinized for everything all the time. Thatā€™s the nature of the game.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Actually Iā€™m not sure this is true. Isnā€™t always presumed everyone is examining everything you do, regardless of votes on you.

To suggest youā€™re examining someone in WW with or without a vote on them is essentially the same as saying youā€™re looking to catch a wolf, or planning to vote at some point.

Everyone is bringing scrutinized for everything all the time. Thatā€™s the nature of the game.
You don't think someone's initial reaction to something would be more pure than their later reaction after more context has been given?

If I had said "I'm looking to see how Zenge reacts" when I voted for you last game, you don't think you would have reacted differently?

I mean yes they know they're being scrutinized, but I think saying specifically that you're voting for a reaction changes the interaction going forward.

• Hmm
*eye twitch*

I get you responded right after saying you read the rules but this also made me eye twitch because it said in the sign ups that this was vanilla

Salt from being N1ā€™d.

The eggs? The anniversary game when he was a skeleton overlord.
This presumes I remembered anything from the sign up thread šŸ˜…

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
If I had said "I'm looking to see how Zenge reacts" when I voted for you last game, you don't think you would have reacted differently?
I guess I see your point but itā€™s apples and oranges in terms of the situation. Early D1 vs. EOD D2.

You don't think someone's initial reaction to something would be more pure than their later reaction after more context has been given?

I mean yes they know they're being scrutinized, but I think saying specifically that you're voting for a reaction changes the interaction going forward.
But in that case, you weren't just looking for Zenge's reaction, you were trying to get a wolf to clumsily agree with you and jump onto a Zenge-yeet.

• Hmm
I guess I see your point but itā€™s apples and oranges in terms of the situation. Early D1 vs. EOD D2.

But in that case, you weren't just looking for Zenge's reaction, you were trying to get a wolf to clumsily agree with you and jump onto a Zenge-yeet.
I don't think either of these specifics are really relevant - I was just giving an example. It's not about the rest of the context. It's that, if you're looking to gauge a reaction, saying "I am looking to gauge a reaction" inherently changes that reaction. That's just science.

• Hmm
I don't think either of these specifics are really relevant - I was just giving an example. It's not about the rest of the context. It's that, if you're looking to gauge a reaction, saying "I am looking to gauge a reaction" inherently changes that reaction. That's just science.
Sure, but Zenge is smart; it's not like he doesn't know that an early vote on D1 is either a joke or to see a reaction or both.

Sure, but Zenge is smart; it's not like he doesn't know that an early vote on D1 is either a joke or to see a reaction or both.
I mean, if that's the case and you think he's always going to think about it as a reaction test before reacting, then what value does that type of vote have? If you don't think he might consider too that there actually is some other reason for the vote since he had been posting, and react based on that assumption, then it's less useful, no?

It's not quite the same as a vote that occurs before someone posts. Those of course can't be based on anything else.

I'm not saying it's completely useless, just that the initial reaction is going to be the most valuable. I'm not even sure why that's up for debate tbh. There's a reason why people don't say "iT wAs a ReAcTiOn tEsT" until after the fact.

• Hmm
  • Okay...
I mean, if that's the case and you think he's always going to think about it as a reaction test before reacting, then what value does that type of vote have? If you don't think he might consider too that there actually is some other reason for the vote since he had been posting, and react based on that assumption, then it's less useful, no?

It's not quite the same as a vote that occurs before someone posts. Those of course can't be based on anything else.

I'm not saying it's completely useless, just that the initial reaction is going to be the most valuable. I'm not even sure why that's up for debate tbh. There's a reason why people don't say "iT wAs a ReAcTiOn tEsT" until after the fact.
Taking some notes about your reaction, too :angelic:

Arenā€™t all posts on a day 1 just grasping at straws? Like Iā€™m not saying my argument is bulletproof. Just a literal first instinct on reading a thread. Would love an explanation from @samac or anyone how making an admittedly impulse read on a post is more opportunistic than just posting *eye twitch* somewhere. And also a definition of *eye twitches* if thatā€™s not too much to ask
Like this post. Not sure how I want to lean it, town vs scum, but I like the contribution and sass. I wouldn't expect this level of confidence from noob scum, but perhaps we're just dealing with an exceptional noob.

Like this post. Not sure how I want to lean it, town vs scum, but I like the contribution and sass. I wouldn't expect this level of confidence from noob scum, but perhaps we're just dealing with an exceptional noob.
How did you know zuri was a noob?

• Hmm
*eye twitch*

How long ago was that?

Sure. You can grasp at straws.
I can also grasp at straws. My straw was your post made my eye twitch.
Zengeā€™s gif defined it pretty well.

*coughPocketcough*

Only cause I was sending you food pics
Getting bad vibes from Samac's posts.

What else is new this game, lol

• Haha