Okami WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@zuriburi “good eggs” is a reference to a previous game where we were his skeleton disciples. But interestingly he forgot all about that last game :unsure:

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ah... Amaterasu. Origin of all that is good and mother to us all...

In Kamiki Village, all appears to be peaceful. Villagers grow rice, dry laundry in the sunshine, and sip sake comfortably. Cherry blossoms drift in the breeze, their sweet scent seeming to bolster the tranquility each villager feels. Nothing could disrupt their newfound harmony. It is all thanks to the mysterious white wolf, who came down from the mountains to help them with menial tasks and then, in their darkest hour, rid them of the most dreaded eight headed serpent. That strange wolf, who seems to portend miracles and good fortune and almost seems to leave the fresh scent of flowers in its wake. Thanks to her, Kamiki and its surrounding regions are safe. The warrior Susano helps Kushi harvest her rice. She smiles and gazes at him adoringly while they mill about. But despite the serenity of the scene, Susano suddenly feels a chill run down his spine. When he glances at the sky, the sun's rays seem to shine less luminously than usual, and if he squints, he can almost make out a strange constellation in the sky. Looking at it too long makes his hair stand on end. He shakes his head and looks toward the coast. Fido, what are you getting yourself into this time?
Amaterasu stands at the crest of Oni Island. She's spent the night conquering minor demons, but she knows this is the true summit, the confrontation she's been building to. The dark energy in the air seems to drain her strength, wrapping its villainous tendrils around her soul and wrenching it out piece by piece. Though she can't see her foe, she senses its vile presence. She tenses her muscles and lets out a long howl, clearing the skies with her song. She scouts the sky and notices a new shape, made from red-tinged stars and pulsating with evil. Letting loose a low growl and drawing her Celestial Brush, she prepares for battle. Surely not even the greatest evil could stand a chance against the Sun Goddess Amaterasu and her Celestial Brush techniques.
The fox watches as Amaterasu steels herself, then lets out a low chuckle. Amaterasu may fancy herself a goddess, but she knows nothing of struggles, of earning strength through trials and sacrifice. She knows not what it means to build yourself up from nothing, to fight tooth and nail for your own godhood. She knows nothing of the Dark Lord's power, nor of the secrets he'd revealed.
The old fox smiles, its nine tails unfurling slowly. She may think herself a god, but Ninetails plans to show her how fallible she truly is.
Never played the game. Does this imply the fox is the bad guy in our game?

Also memtion of a dark lord. What are the odds this game is multiball?

Rules
1. Remember this is a game and is meant to be fun. We will not tolerate personal attacks against other players. Think before you post. Things can get heated, but keep it to accusations and rebuttals about this game. Remember you are welcome to pause and take a breath before responding. The Great Goddess Amaterasu encourages kindness and purity.
2. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread and mod-sanctioned PMs.
3. Place votes in bold or ####between numerous octothorpes#### using the terms "vote" or "yeet". If you have already placed a vote, you must unvote to place a new one. "No vote" is not an option.
4. Participation requirements are in place. You must vote and make at least 10 posts each day cycle. There is no upper post limit.
5. Subs are available for extenuating life circumstances only, not to replace ghosty players. If you require a sub, please contact the mods directly. Do not post about it on the thread.
6. Dead players should post in ******stars****** and keep commentary to a minimum. Also, mind your reactions to posts.
7. Direct quoting or copy/pasting of PMs is not allowed. Screenshots are not allowed. Fake copy/pasting, quoting, and screenshots are not allowed either.
8. You may edit posts, but do not delete them, and do not edit yeet votes.
9. Do not discuss or share your night results before the writeup is posted. However, you are free to continue to strategize between vote close and writeup.
10. Gifs are welcome but should be hidden in spoiler tags for ease of thread loading.
11. This is a mountainous game; there are no PRs. Everyone is vanilla.
Lol OK nvm

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I guess I've never actually thought to check :laugh:
I regularly use eggs that are like 3 months past the date. Which suggests I don't regularly do anything with eggs but I digress. If you ever drop a rotten egg into a hot skillet or your baked goods, you'll start considering checking, like by cracking into a separate container at least first which is what I do.

• Wow
What’s wrong with microwaving eggs now and then? Especially if you want them English muffin-shaped for a sandwich?
Genius. I've been doing it in a skillet but it hasn't worked well for me, will have to try your method

• Love
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Just going with first instinct yeet zenge b/c thay jumped in questioning the other yeets and defending “good eggs,” which seems like a way of just proactively pocketing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
*eye twitch*
Never played the game. Does this imply the fox is the bad guy in our game?

Also memtion of a dark lord. What are the odds this game is multiball?
I get you responded right after saying you read the rules but this also made me eye twitch because it said in the sign ups that this was vanilla
Salt from being N1’d.
What was the reference?
The eggs? The anniversary game when he was a skeleton overlord.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeet Dubz
angry morton salt GIF by Emma Darvick

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
  • Haha
Agreed. Felt opportunistic.
Aren’t all posts on a day 1 just grasping at straws? Like I’m not saying my argument is bulletproof. Just a literal first instinct on reading a thread. Would love an explanation from @samac or anyone how making an admittedly impulse read on a post is more opportunistic than just posting *eye twitch* somewhere. And also a definition of *eye twitches* if that’s not too much to ask

You can also crack them open and see if the yolk breaks apart!
But on another note, am I a good egg now @Zenge142 eh??
Your thematic pfp has redeemed you

Also you were an egg I was proud of for fooling me last game

• Wow
  • Care
I’d like to remind you that wolf!Samac recently pocketed me and won, and was the one person to do so where I didn’t eventually flip on them.

• Wow
Agreed. Felt opportunistic.
*eye twitch*
The last one I played: CYO where she stumped me
How long ago was that?
Aren’t all posts on a day 1 just grasping at straws? Like I’m not saying my argument is bulletproof. Just a literal first instinct on reading a thread. Would love an explanation from @samac or anyone how making an admittedly impulse read on a post is more opportunistic than just posting *eye twitch* somewhere. And also a definition of *eye twitches* if that’s not too much to ask
Sure. You can grasp at straws.
I can also grasp at straws. My straw was your post made my eye twitch.
Zenge’s gif defined it pretty well.
Your thematic pfp has redeemed you

Also you were an egg I was proud of for fooling me last game
*coughPocketcough*
I’d like to remind you that wolf!Samac recently pocketed me and won, and was the one person to do so where I didn’t eventually flip on them.
Only cause I was sending you food pics

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I was asking for their reasoning.

The eggs thing was a joke. Mostly.
You should know exactly what mine and dubz reasonings were to yeet those folks.
You got to see me screaming in dead chat

• Care
Day 1: May the Fresh Scent of Flowers Protect You Always Tally
fluff (1): samac
True (2): Dubz, AM
Zenge (1): Zuri
AM (1): genny
Dubz (2): Sporty, WO2

Voting: 7/12
Vote close tomorrow, 8/18 at 10 p.m. EST (~36 hours)

ammy.gif

I regularly use eggs that are like 3 months past the date. Which suggests I don't regularly do anything with eggs but I digress. If you ever drop a rotten egg into a hot skillet or your baked goods, you'll start considering checking, like by cracking into a separate container at least first which is what I do.
We go through eggs pretty quickly I guess

• Care
This. I frequently referred to them as my good eggs while @kaydubs threatened to crack them open and make an omelet. It’s where the “mother hen” part of my title comes from.
And I threatened to microwave them :heckyeah:

• Hmm
  • Haha
  • Angry
Good morning! Sorry for the delayed entrance to the thread, there was a ton to catch up on in wolfchat.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Angry
I was going to go for a salt yeet but after reading I have a better one:

Yeet Zenge

• Wow
  • Hmm
Honestly, better than a hot cup of coffee

1660750483870.png

• Haha