*** Official NYCOM Class of 2010 *** pt. 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does any one know if we have an OMM practical on the upcoming exam and what system it counts for?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone one know when the NYCOM gym is open? :confused:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
fat lady=lady with no soul=linda short

Worst part is she will smile at you and pretend like she is your best friend. Remember during the orientation she said "For next 4 years, you all belong to me". Talk about ego.

Email the fat lady. She changes the schedule as she pleases, without regards to student body.

you mean that SECRETARY, Short, that sends all the emails to us?

Seriously how many times do we need to get the same darn email, i delete ANYTHING coming from her, i have a special folder for her and delete once a week.

you mean that SECRETARY, Short, that sends all the emails to us?

Seriously how many times do we need to get the same darn email, i delete ANYTHING coming from her, i have a special folder for her and delete once a week.

I mean how much attention freak do you need to be. Have you noticed that every email she writes, she mentions her degreee M.S? I can't help but pity her attempt to feel important, get attention or try to show us off that she is one of the most important person. She needs to be in therapy for her passive aggressive attention-seeking behavior. :thumbdown:

i agree. some of those comments were below the belt. lets try to keep it professional in here.

Nice, looks like you two guys (HunterGatherer and bob10) are in student government or club officers. After all she does approve your budgets for meetings etc, which explains the soft spot you feel for her.

Nice, looks like you two guys (HunterGatherer and bob10) are in student government or club officers. After all she does approve your budgets for meetings etc, which explains the soft spot you feel for her.

Wrong. I guess you don't know who I am. How come you did not guess I am part of the admin? :smuggrin:

I'm pretty much done on this topic. Spread the :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if she's behind the ID checking at the library.

I find this new policy ridiculous that they won't let you in if you forgot to bring your ID. I understand not being able to take books out...but to actually prevent us from studying? Definitely not a good policy in my opinion.

Does anyone know if she's behind the ID checking at the library.

I find this new policy ridiculous that they won't let you in if you forgot to bring your ID. I understand not being able to take books out...but to actually prevent us from studying? Definitely not a good policy in my opinion.

Consider this. Few days ago, I left my ID by mistake on my desk in the library to make a phone call. On returning, they wouldn't let me in, inspite of me trying to explain that my ID card is on my desk, along with my books etc. I ended up raising my voice and making a scene before I was let in. I understand the policy but such rigid *****ic enforcement only alienates us students from the administration and their idiotic policies.

Anyone one know when the NYCOM gym is open? :confused:

Thanks!

someone should be scheduled to work in the gym every night, 5-10...it's usually open on fridays also, but cant guarantee that.

and linda's not all that bad...she's just the bearer of bad news, i guess that's why a lot of us aren't too fond of her.

hmm, i don't know. she's not a monster, but linda short is certainly neither pleasant nor kind. i wanted to start up the surgery club again (i was the ONLY nycom kid at the do surgical conference in october, how embarrassing) and she basically tried to make it impossible for me. she also apparently has some grudge against dr. saggio. it was just dumb.

yeah, i'm not a fan of the id card thing either. the dpc suite just had a card swiper installed as well, so you have to swipe in even if you've left for a minute to use the bathroom. again, with the theme of dumbness.

angie - when you get the pennysaver copy, let me know!

hmm, i don't know. she's not a monster, but linda short is certainly neither pleasant nor kind. i wanted to start up the surgery club again (i was the ONLY nycom kid at the do surgical conference in october, how embarrassing) and she basically tried to make it impossible for me. she also apparently has some grudge against dr. saggio. it was just dumb.

yeah, i'm not a fan of the id card thing either. the dpc suite just had a card swiper installed as well, so you have to swipe in even if you've left for a minute to use the bathroom. again, with the theme of dumbness.

angie - when you get the pennysaver copy, let me know!

It comes out on Fridays, so i can bring it in monday. The newspaper comes out tomorrow, want me to bring them both in? :oops:

Yea, this whole ID thing is ******ed. I understand we need to be safe, (you know, with the crazed hooded madman on campus and all...) blah blah, but your going to forbid someone from returning to the library cause they went out to pee or make a phone call.....

Don't even get me started on the waste of money that was those dogtags that i refused to put near my breasts...i dont feel like having cancer at the ripe ol' age of 23.

And they wonder why half the students regret coming here. :smuggrin:

How is studying going everyone? I was surprised that it didn't take me as long to do today's path lecture.

real mature

fat lady=lady with no soul=linda short

Hey guess what? Its gonna be the same when you are on rotations, so deal with it.

Unlikely its just a radio frequency. Yet...no one is worried about cellphone's or wi-fi that is well, everywhere.

Don't even get me started on the waste of money that was those dogtags that i refused to put near my breasts...i dont feel like having cancer at the ripe ol' age of 23.

And they wonder why half the students regret coming here. :smuggrin:

Half the students regret coming here?...because what they need to wear an id badge and maybe attend class? Man thats difficult, after all its only medical school. They treat us like children you know why? Because half the class bitch like children. I really wonder how some of you are gonna make it without someone holding your hand the whole time. Its time for some of you to wake the hell up.

very good last post. i completely agree

Half the students regret coming here?...because what they need to wear an id badge and maybe attend class? Man thats difficult, after all its only medical school. They treat us like children you know why? Because half the class bitch like children. I really wonder how some of you are gonna make it without someone holding your hand the whole time. Its time for some of you to wake the hell up.

:thumbup:

Great post. It's funny hearing people complain like it's the end of the world because the gym isn't open when they want it to be or they have to wear an ID card. Cry me a river. This is medical school.

Matchstix are up!

Hey ya'll I am looking to switch a rotation - Medicine in Coney Island 4th slot (starting 11/3/08) I don't know any other forum to find classmates to switch with.
Hoping some people are out there with the same purpose!

When does 4th year start? I lost those ppt packets from the choiz ov choizez day

Nice, didn't know they were being posted already.

Just looking to switch this to something a little closer to my house:
07/02/2008 -> 08/08/2008 OB-Gyn - WYCKOFF HEIGHTS MED. CTR.

I'm looking for south nassau but am open to other hospitals in nassau or suffolk. If anyone is looking to switch or knows someone who does just PM me. Thanks.

Hey ya'll I am looking to switch a rotation - Medicine in Coney Island 5-6 slot I don't know any other forum to find classmates to switch with.
Hoping some people are out there with the same purpose![/QUOTE]

Hey ya'll I am looking to switch a rotation - Medicine in Coney Island 5-6 slot I don't know any other forum to find classmates to switch with.
Hoping some people are out there with the same purpose!
[/QUOTE]

I made a facebook group. If you don't have facebook, you can join it just for this, then get rid of your account as soon as the swap is done (or keep it because it's fun!) pm me if you arent familiar with it. here is the link to the group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17867995914

im doing an numc regional. i have psych 5 and obgyn 6. if anyone has this the opposite and would like to switch with me, id really appreciate it. right now i have obgyn and surgery back to back. pm me if possible, thanks.

Anyone else notice that there are only 6 questions for the anatomy practical for reproductive system for the anatomy exam. That means if you get 2 questions wrong, you fail.

I wish they would give us at least 20 questions for each system. I don't understand the point of these practicals otherwise. Considering that they are all 2nd order questions, it's very easy to get at least 1 question wrong.

In terms of clinical rotations...

Anyone from NUMC regional have a psych rotation in session 1 who wants to switch into an ob/gyn rotation in session 1?

i love dr. plummer she and goljan go along hand-in-hand. she asks board style questions on board relavant subjects and its great that she tells you what shes going to ask so that you dont waste time studying minutia but actually memorize board facts.

Hey does anybody know how busy the southern state Pkwy is going east. I live in queens(Floral Park) and ended up with 3 rotations out in Central and West Islip. Should I consider trying to switch them or will the commute not be bad.

Hey does anybody know how busy the southern state Pkwy is going east. I live in queens(Floral Park) and ended up with 3 rotations out in Central and West Islip. Should I consider trying to switch them or will the commute not be bad.

I'm not 100% sure since I live on the north shore and always take Northern State but every morning when listening to the traffic report in my car it seems that the Southern State is always much more crowded than the Northern. More people live on the south shore of the island, too. You may want to take the Northern State east to the Sagtikos Parkway and then take that south to the Southern State. That will put you right by the Robert Moses Causeway for Good Sam. I'm not exactly sure where the CI clinic is but CI is in the middle of the island, not on the south shore so it may be better to take the Northern State to the end and then take 454 to 111. Maybe someone who lives on the south shore can comment?? I have no idea where Floral Park is so it may make no sense for you to take the Northern if you need to travel far to get to it.

the northern state east isnt bad in the morning. i live in briarwood and if i leave by 800 i can get to nycom in under 30 min. traffic builds up a little after that, its mostly because of the cross island merging in and people getting off at lakeville rd, so once you pass exit 25 it opens up. the only other place you might slow down at is by the exit for 106/107 in hicksville.
most rotations make you show up early anyways, so traffic is not an issue. coming home is another story.

The northern state is definitely better than the southern if it's an option. For some reason (and I don't know why), the southern state going east in the morning is hellacious, especially as you start to go more and more east. From Floral Park to central islip on the southern state leaving at 7 AM might take you almost 1.5 hours. On the northern state, probably 45 minutes...

The northern state is definitely better than the southern if it's an option. For some reason (and I don't know why), the southern state going east in the morning is hellacious, especially as you start to go more and more east. From Floral Park to central islip on the southern state leaving at 7 AM might take you almost 1.5 hours. On the northern state, probably 45 minutes...
K thanks for the info. I mapquested it and they would have me taking the 495 all the way there. It seems like the 495 and northern state run nearly parallel all the way to central islip. Would either be sufficient?

Hey guys, So I need to find a place to live on long island for the first 3 slots of rotations (july 2-oct.31)
Ideally I can plan with a classmate who is on LI the rest of the slots so that I can take over a room/apartment and pay rent the first 4 months, and they can take it over the rest of the time.
Anyone know 3rd of 4th years who have done this? and suggestions on how to find such classmates?
Thanks!

K thanks for the info. I mapquested it and they would have me taking the 495 all the way there. It seems like the 495 and northern state run nearly parallel all the way to central islip. Would either be sufficient?

They do run parallel but Northern State will definitely have less traffic than the LIE. The only problem is that the northern ends about 5 miles short of CI so you'll need to take vets highway (454) to rt 111. It's not bad, I live right where northern ends and theres hardly ever traffic there heading east in the morning.

Just curious, but does anyone know what POST 2009 means if you're looking at the master clerkship schedule?

Just curious, but does anyone know what POST 2009 means if you're looking at the master clerkship schedule?

Maybe it's people in the class of 2009 that have to make up a rotation for some reason.

Anyone know what is the best Stafford unsubsidized loan lender? I hear CHASE is really good. Anyone have different opinions?

Also, how much money does both Stafford sub and unsub loan entitle me to? Will it be sufficient to cover my tuition? 42k?

Hey everyone!

So regarding the 3rd and 4th years, does anyone know if it is possible to do at least one of the rotations in hospitals out of NY? For example, would I be able to rotate in Florida, for instance? Or am I bound to NYC b/c I'm a NYCOM student?

Thank you :)

Hey everyone!

So regarding the 3rd and 4th years, does anyone know if it is possible to do at least one of the rotations in hospitals out of NY? For example, would I be able to rotate in Florida, for instance? Or am I bound to NYC b/c I'm a NYCOM student?

Thank you :)
3rd year = NYCOM hospitals only. 4th year = electives and can be almost anywhere I believe.

dude, what the flip was up with tegay's questions? did he mean to type nephrotic but instead put nephritic, which we didnt even learn about yet?

i didnt notice until afterwards when some ppl were complaining about it. i know some were arguing that all those questions should be thrown out because there are students who know the difference between nephritic and nephrotic...some of them answered them according to what a nephritic glomerulopathy is, while others werent sure what to do at all...i dunno bout the rest of you but GU owned me:(

Tegay? I think you mean Prince. I got the questions right since I recognized they were his questions, but I think they will definitely be thrown out. Nephritic would change all the answers...

Personally, I thought Mene sucked and Buonvino asked some pretty tough questions considering she gave a terrible lecture.

I was kind of nervous about Tegay and even though he didnt necessarily give the strongest lecture I think he asked the best board-styled questions. His questions made you think but were fair in my opinion and forced you to utilize all the information.

Tegay's setup was board like, but I'm not sure if you need to know when to give Insulin or do a umbilical line on Step 1.

I'm just happy its done :hardy: