Official PCOM DO Class of 2021 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poloboy

Livin' that MS4 life
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You guys already have white coat scheduled???? Ours just says approximately October 2017 lol

Does anyone have info on the background check? The emails said we would receive info about it by "May 9th".

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys already have white coat scheduled???? Ours just says approximately October 2017 lol

Yes, at least according to NUCLEUS. I'm stoked!

Does anyone have info on the background check? The emails said we would receive info about it by "May 9th".

They're probably still working on that for us. Should hear any minute.

Yes, at least according to NUCLEUS. I'm stoked!

They're probably still working on that for us. Should hear any minute.
Still haven't gotten the email about the background check =/

PCOM is notorious for sending us emails at around 10pm! So maybe then?

Oh yeah baby proud to be going to PCOM. Everyone on the FB group?

Reactions: 3 users
Why are they getting rid of the bookstore and opening a new campus in GA?! WE NEED ONE AND NOT THE OTHER. How about expediting on student housing and bringing back the days of the old osteopathic hospital?

Why are they getting rid of the bookstore and opening a new campus in GA?! WE NEED ONE AND NOT THE OTHER. How about expediting on student housing and bringing back the days of the old osteopathic hospital?

Definitely agree with the hospital coming back but the bookstore for GA seemed pointless

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I didn't know that they used to have an old osteopathic hospital in GA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I got my acceptance letter on May 18th - super excited to be going to PCOM!

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody thinking about getting outside materials for first semester?

I've heard most of the materials are available in electronic version through the school library!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys how often do we have OMM lab? Once per week divided into half the class?

They just registered us for courses! It's getting soooooo real.

I know! Is anybody signed up for TISSUE?

I'm also signed up for the online TISSUE.

So like one class/week of OMM?

According to Perspectives, it says "Students learn the fundamentals of Osteopathic medicine through lectures and weekly lab sessions (1.5 hours per week)."

Where you guys living? Any else seriously looking at Presidential City?

Question from someone who has not been accepted yet. Not trying to jinx myself or assume that I'm getting in, but on the chance that I do get in at the last second, what are the requirements needed before starting school? (Like background checks, textbooks, etc.).

Question from someone who has not been accepted yet. Not trying to jinx myself or assume that I'm getting in, but on the chance that I do get in at the last second, what are the requirements needed before starting school? (Like background checks, textbooks, etc.).
When you get access to the portal, there's a new student page with all of that information. Don't stress - if you're accepted they understand you'll need to catch up a little.

Where you guys living? Any else seriously looking at Presidential City?
Nope.. Presidential is out of my budget. I'm living in manayunk for about $500/month.

When you get access to the portal, there's a new student page with all of that information. Don't stress - if you're accepted they understand you'll need to catch up a little.
Any chance you could post a screen shot?

Dr. Woodruff has been very helpful with the emails. The school has been very easy to work with so far! A big change from my post bacc...

Dr. Woodruff has been very helpful with the emails. The school has been very easy to work with so far! A big change from my post bacc...

Dr. Woodruff seems to be a very fun person!

Dr. Woodruff seems to be a very fun person!
You know last summer I was working in research and spent a week learning a new technique at Temple. I literally shot a short email to some folks at PCOM because I was interested in the DO/PhD program. I thought I'd get some flyers but I was invited to campus, met all of the admissions staff and spent an hour touring the school and program with Dr. Appelt - who will be our neuro prof. I thought this spoke a lot about the culture of the school and the people that work there. Never saw that at any other DO or MD school and I've been associated with a few.

You know last summer I was working in research and spent a week learning a new technique at Temple. I literally shot a short email to some folks at PCOM because I was interested in the DO/PhD program. I thought I'd get some flyers but I was invited to campus, met all of the admissions staff and spent an hour touring the school and program with Dr. Appelt - who will be our neuro prof. I thought this spoke a lot about the culture of the school and the people that work there. Never saw that at any other DO or MD school and I've been associated with a few.

That's awesome! I felt that welcoming and loving nature of faculty and students during my interview. One of the many reasons I ended up choosing PCOM. Also, their new virtual campus tour is so badass!

Reactions: 2 users
Looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

Quick question: has financial aid been disbursed yet? It's almost July and though I've been approved, haven't received. The bills are large and coming due, and my stock of funds is very low! :eek:

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

Quick question: has financial aid been disbursed yet? It's almost July and though I've been approved, haven't received. The bills are large and coming due, and my stock of funds is very low! :eek:
GA Campus doesn't get anything until second week of august.

Question - I submitted a photo for my student ID on July 9th, and they said they'd send an email letting me know that the photo was received, and they haven't. Anyone else have this issue?

Question - I submitted a photo for my student ID on July 9th, and they said they'd send an email letting me know that the photo was received, and they haven't. Anyone else have this issue?
I never got a response but in class tissue folks have received their IDs. I wouldn't worry. We'll get them at orientation or it can be corrected then.

I never got a response but in class tissue folks have received their IDs. I wouldn't worry. We'll get them at orientation or it can be corrected then.
Thank you so much! I'm just paranoid about this stuff.

Good time for a reminder to all you guys - submit your:

• Medical health questionnaire and vaccine record
  • Proof of medical insurance
  • 1st semester tuition
  • Responses to surveys like the phillies game and anatomy group
  • white coat orders

• 1st semester tuition
  • white coat orders

Thanks for this post man!

• 1st semester tuition
  • white coat orders
I have a question about that - for all of the vaccines except Hepatitis B, we're required to submit either proof of vaccination or serological evidence of immunity right? Might be a stupid question, but I just want to know if I'm reading the form correctly.

I have a question about that - for all of the vaccines except Hepatitis B, we're required to submit either proof of vaccination or serological evidence of immunity right? Might be a stupid question, but I just want to know if I'm reading the form correctly.
Not a stupid question at all! Yes - record of vaccine or titers. My primary care doc actually drew titers to confirm immunity before school/rotations even though I was vaccinated.

Anyone else doing TISSUE and getting freaked out by the large amount of info?!