Official Njms Class Of 2009 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UDbiochem said:
What time does the breakfast/brunch start in the morning, guys? My computer's in storage for the week while I'm in Jersey before I head back to UD again to do summer research. Therefore, I have no access to the email that said what time it all started.

Thanks!

i think 9:30, but someone correct if im wrong...

Members don't see this ad.

I could prob find this out if I wasn't too lazy to go look, but what is the attire for this coming luncheon? Is it the same as the last luncheon, business casual?

I was just wondering if anyone knew when the summer program starts, when orientation begins, and when is the first day of classes. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
eag said:
I was just wondering if anyone knew when the summer program starts, when orientation begins, and when is the first day of classes. Thanks

I'm not sure about the summer program, but orientation begins August 11 and classes begin August 17.

Has anyone been using webct to find housing? I can't get on myself because I forgot my username.

vish57 said:
Has anyone been using webct to find housing? I can't get on myself because I forgot my username.

username: firstnamelastname2009
pass: last 4 digits of ur social

drguy22 said:
username: firstnamelastname2009
pass: last 4 digits of ur social

I knew it was something along those lines, thanks drguy

Did anyone take that Orientation quiz on WebCT? If so, I just took it, and I have no idea what the answer to the last quiz question is..."The course management tool used to create this Orientation is called what?" Not that its a big deal but now Im curious...anyone have a clue?

Blue Scrub said:
Did anyone take that Orientation quiz on WebCT? If so, I just took it, and I have no idea what the answer to the last quiz question is..."The course management tool used to create this Orientation is called what?" Not that its a big deal but now Im curious...anyone have a clue?

its okay if u dont know the answer... u dont have to honor every quiz/exam ;)

(webct a choice for that question?)

4 Ever said:
its okay if u dont know the answer... u dont have to honor every quiz/exam ;)

(webct a choice for that question?)

Heheh, I know, its puzzling me though as to what the answer is now.....it was an open question so it had no choices....it probably is "webct" though, maybe I should try it :)

do we have to take the webCT orientation?

untildawnbreaks said:
do we have to take the webCT orientation?

Nah I dont think so...but it might be helpful if you are unfamiliar with using webct.

Anyone know what the attire is for the luncheon on Friday? Same as last luncheon?

Blue Scrub said:
Nah I dont think so...but it might be helpful if you are unfamiliar with using webct.

Anyone know what the attire is for the luncheon on Friday? Same as last luncheon?
i think so...

Members don't see this ad :)
i'll be there tomorrow morning. Just for the housing session then I have to get back to work (last day)

by the way, when is the white coat ceremony?

6ft3dr2b said:
i'll be there tomorrow morning. Just for the housing session then I have to get back to work (last day)

by the way, when is the white coat ceremony?

I think its the day before classes start, which is Aug. 16th? Correct me if Im wrong anyone...coughDrguycough :)

Blue Scrub said:
I think its the day before classes start, which is Aug. 16th? Correct me if Im wrong anyone...coughDrguycough :)

hahaha..you are correct... :thumbup:

Blue Scrub said:

White Coat Ceremony is, in fact, August 16.

PiccplayerMD said:
White Coat Ceremony is, in fact, August 16.

Hey future roomie, its nice to see you finally posting on here and I hope Steve relayed the info for tomorrow to you. If not drop me a line tonight.

Also, about tomorrow's housing day deal, everyone here is saying that they can't wait to meet each other but how does everyone know who to look for? I'd be more than glad to meet everyone, so if you see me say hi, I'm easy to pick out cuz I'm 6'4" with dark hair. Hope to meet some of you then :)

drguy22 said:
i think 9:30, but someone correct if im wrong...

On the letter that was sent to me, it said the breakfast starts at 8:30 and the housing session starts at 9:30... is this right or did they change the times?

Blue Scrub said:
On the letter that was sent to me, it said the breakfast starts at 8:30 and the housing session starts at 9:30... is this right or did they change the times?

I'm pretty sure its 8:30, this is the email I received about tomorrow including the times for all of the things they have set up for us:

To: The entering NJMS class of 2009!

You are cordially invited to a Luncheon and Housing Information Session hosted by the NJMS Admissions and Student Affairs Offices on Friday, June 3, 2005.

The day will begin with a continental breakfast at 8:30am in the Grand Foyer of the Medical Science Building followed by a housing presentation at 9:30 a.m. in room B-556. At this session we will guide and advise you regarding the process of finding local housing, provide detailed maps of Newark and the surrounding towns, provide you with a listing of potential roommates and information on areas where our students are presently residing.

Tours of New Jersey Medical School and University Hospital will depart from the Grand Foyer area at 12:00pm. If you have toured before, you are invited to go again as this may be a great opportunity for you to get a second or third look at our facilities. The Luncheon will begin at 1:00pm in the Rosemary Gellene Room (Rm. B-515). The dean, faculty members, staff, students, and financial aid representatives will be present to answer any questions you may have.

Immediately following the luncheon, current NJMS medical students would like to invite you to join them for an ice-cream social (hosted by members of SHARE-Student Help Advocates for Resources and Education and AMWA-American Medical Women’s Association) on the NJMS “Plaza”. This will be a great opportunity for you to get to know your future classmates as well as many of our current students.

In the letter, there is a response form with a postage paid return envelope, or if you prefer, you may respond by e-mailing us at [email protected] A one-day parking permit along with directions will be sent upon your response. Please respond no later than Friday, May 27, 2005. If you have any additional questions or concerns please contact Ms. Mercedes Lettman, Director of Admissions at (973) 972-4631 or at [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you on June 3rd !

Best wishes,

George F. Heinrich, M.D.

thehomez66 said:
Hey future roomie, its nice to see you finally posting on here and I hope Steve relayed the info for tomorrow to you. If not drop me a line tonight.

Also, about tomorrow's housing day deal, everyone here is saying that they can't wait to meet each other but how does everyone know who to look for? I'd be more than glad to meet everyone, so if you see me say hi, I'm easy to pick out cuz I'm 6'4" with dark hair. Hope to meet some of you then :)

Lol .... are we gonna have to introduce each other by our names on here? I can picture it now .... "which one of you is Blue Scrub? Drguy?" ... it'll be a fun day :)

i will be wearing a red/gray stripped polo...greenish khakis...and black shoes...im tall too...6ft 2ish...so come say hi. :cool:

If possible, could you guys post anything worthwhile they may say about housing? I wont be able to make it and it would be a big help, thanks.

as a waitlistee, i am curious: did it seem to you like your class is full? did dr. h make any mention of the class being finalized? do you have any news that might comfort me a bit?

the waitlist does not seem to be moving, as far as i can tell from sdn, and if i don't get in, im going to have to move to chicago:(

throw me a bone here.

no one came to say hi..:(

o well...but ya..Dr. H did mention that the class was finalized....the day was ok...nothing really big..just that we were able to mingle and find roommates and also we got to tour society hill....

drguy22 said:
no one came to say hi..:(

o well...but ya..Dr. H did mention that the class was finalized....the day was ok...nothing really big..just that we were able to mingle and find roommates and also we got to tour society hill....

Did they mention any other places people commonly live or give out anything helpful or uselful? Btw, I'll come say hi first day of orientation drguy.

vish57 said:
Did they mention any other places people commonly live or give out anything helpful or uselful? Btw, I'll come say hi first day of orientation drguy.

society hill....is the main place..then just surrounding towns....belville, s. orange, e. orange, hoboken, jersey city....

Has anyone else had trouble getting into the SDN forums the past few days? This is the first time I've been able to get on since Friday....just me or the SDN server? Anyway, I got confused as to who was wearing what so I wasnt sure who anybody was, but I was wearing pin stripe black pants with a light kinda turquoise colored button down shirt, and if you were at the housing info session in the morning, I asked about where good places there were to study in Hoboken if anyone remembers!

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't say hi... didn't see the outfits on SDN before going...

I was the shortest girl in the room, light blue collared shirt with khakis.

Sorry drguy, I didn't get on here that morning to see what you were wearing, but I'll def say hi next time I see you.

BlueScrub I think I do remember who you are, did you sit all the way in the back on the side closest to the entrance doors?

And I was the tall one like I said, at 6'4" and had on a pink shirt, black tie, and black pants

Blue Scrub said:
Has anyone else had trouble getting into the SDN forums the past few days? This is the first time I've been able to get on since Friday....just me or the SDN server? Anyway, I got confused as to who was wearing what so I wasnt sure who anybody was, but I was wearing pin stripe black pants with a light kinda turquoise colored button down shirt, and if you were at the housing info session in the morning, I asked about where good places there were to study in Hoboken if anyone remembers!

i remember..but i didnt look up..lol

thehomez66 said:
Sorry drguy, I didn't get on here that morning to see what you were wearing, but I'll def say hi next time I see you.

BlueScrub I think I do remember who you are, did you sit all the way in the back on the side closest to the entrance doors?

And I was the tall one like I said, at 6'4" and had on a pink shirt, black tie, and black pants

i saw u...i thought u were the guy wit the pink shirt...but...i didnt know for sure and didnt wanna look like a fool..lol...

thehomez66 said:

I was sitting like 3 rows up in the middle of the row during the housing session...

LOL, DrGuy were you sleeping during the session? :laugh:

I dont remember seeing anyone else, I was confused :confused: Im sure I'll see everyone eventually :)

drguy22 said:
i saw u...i thought u were the guy wit the pink shirt...but...i didnt know for sure and didnt wanna look like a fool..lol...

lol, yea I should have posted on here that I was planning on wearing my pink shirt, i'm sure you all know the saying "real men wear pink" :laugh:

DrGuy, did you say you looked at Pavilion Plaza, Hallmark, and Colonnade Park? How are those places? Some of the prices are pretty affordable and the pictures of the rooms dont look too bad....

Have any of you guys received the Criminal Background Check Authorization Form? If so, where do we mail it too after we fill it out? No return envelope is provided and there is no mailing address listed. I'm assuming that it should be sent to either the Admissions Office or the Office of Student Affairs, but I'm not too sure and I don't want to mail it to the wrong place.

thehomez66 said:
Have any of you guys received the Criminal Background Check Authorization Form? If so, where do we mail it too after we fill it out? No return envelope is provided and there is no mailing address listed. I'm assuming that it should be sent to either the Admissions Office or the Office of Student Affairs, but I'm not too sure and I don't want to mail it to the wrong place.
i recieved it at home, so my parents are taking care of it, cuz im in MD and they didnt mentioin any problems such as a return address or anything...ill check today today though...

and blue ya i checked some of those places out, id rather live in Society Hill though...i really liked it...

drguy22 said:
i recieved it at home, so my parents are taking care of it, cuz im in MD and they didnt mentioin any problems such as a return address or anything...ill check today today though...

Cool man, thanks. I'm thinking maybe they just forgot to put a return envelope in my packet

thehomez66 said:
Cool man, thanks. I'm thinking maybe they just forgot to put a return envelope in my packet

I sent mine out today to the admissions office...dont worry I didnt get a return envelope either :( im sure admissions will take care of it

Also, does anyone here want to live in Hoboken? PM me if you're interested in finding a 2-bedroom there! :thumbup:

guess i'll send mine out to the admissions office as well, thanks. and good luck finding a roomie, Hoboken's sweet

thehomez66 said:
guess i'll send mine out to the admissions office as well, thanks. and good luck finding a roomie, Hoboken's sweet
ya i asked my dad...and he said he sent it to admissions office...

drguy22 said:
ya i asked my dad...and he said he sent it to admissions office...

Where has everybody decided to live? I was thinking of living anywhere for the first year then finding one of you guys to be my roommate to live in those new apartments being built.

vish57 said:
Where has everybody decided to live? I was thinking of living anywhere for the first year then finding one of you guys to be my roommate to live in those new apartments being built.

From what I heard and saw at Housing Day, I would say that a handful of people are planning to live in Hoboken, a handful in the nearby towns, a few in Forest Hills, and a pretty decent amount in Society Hill.

My roomates and I though decided on going to a realitor after months of looking on our own in both SH and nearby towns and we just signed on a nice house in Bloomfield. So it seems that everybody is just doing whatever they feel most comfortable with.