NSU-COM Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lunallena said:
hey all:
i was looking at the academ. calendar. on fridays for IGC there is group X and Y, but on the academic society thing groups are divided into a and B????

They are different groups...and on different days I believe.
If I remember correct, Academical Society meetings are going to be on Mondays and IGC is on Fridays.

I think that the academical society assignment was more random (The A/B thing--which is for M1s, M2s, etc), whereas IGC, Clinical Practicum, OPP lab has all been via alphabetical oerder in the past.

Don't worry...Everything will be clear come orientation.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, is anybody else having major problems with transcripts being received??? The joys of having been to 3 different colleges...NSU has only received 1...

so if i have this straight, NSU will process financial aid, but not disburse it until all transcripts are received/file is complete?

Also, do I have to take that Entrance interview twice (sub/unsubsidized) on Webstar or does taking it once count for both links that are up?

Thanks!... can't wait to meet you all :)

you are correct for all! for the interview, i did both but theyre exactly the same. im just ocd. logically, probably one will be fine but im too sissy for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
is the entrance thing supposed to be done before or after they award you? i did my fasfa months ago but still haven't been awarded

I just recieved my reward and it gave a link for the interview.

packerfan said:
UGHHHHH!!!! So much for the improved registration I still am getting a conflict message!!!! Anyone having same issue?
nope. I am registered with no problems.

Hey all :

I called financial aid today and the lady who picked up said that my award as well as the rest of the people in the list she had will be done today or tomorrow. They haven't received my final transcript but she said it doesn't matter, you will still be awarded. So i guess those of you who haven't received an award will soon.

:)

After doing the entrance interveiw I called the fin aid office to see if I had to pick a lender and do a MPN they told me I did but the instructions on the MPN page say to wait until salliemae contacts you.??? What did you all do?

I, too, am very confused about the financial aid / loan stuff still .... someone care to tell me which lender is the best on that list of 5...or is another lender better? So far, I think people have said access group, but just want to verify before i press the button

TRENT: i wish i could go to your going away party! we should have a "coming to FL" party :D

if youre in the nyc area come by! new brunswick is an hour by train from nyc!

im sure there will be many coming to florida parties ha.

Anyone still not been completely admitted to a program according to the webstar page?

i haven't been fully admitted and i will not be until after school starts 'cause my school doesn't process summer graduation until august.

lunallena said:
i haven't been fully admitted and i will not be until after school starts 'cause my school doesn't process summer graduation until august.
Same here. They quoted me mid-julyish though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still havnt received their Award letter yet?? :(

hey:

did anyone receive their award as in-state? if so how much is it? i got mine as out of state (it's 8500 sub 32222 unsub=40772)i just want to know what the difference is for instate since i'm an instate student.

I also called the office of osteop admissions and after being transferred around like 10 times this lady told me that they will not be processing residency papers until mid july. I'm so dissapointed with the way things are handled at NSU it's just so annoying that you call and 2 people tell you something different. First they sent me an email saying that my residency papers were not received, then i call and one person tells me that they were already processing the residency papers but mine hadn't been done yet, then this other person tells me that they will not be done until mid july. whom to believe? hehe

Also, any ladies buying scrubs thru allheart.com? i'm so confused about the sizes.. :(

lunallena said:
hey:

did anyone receive their award as in-state? if so how much is it? i got mine as out of state (it's 8500 sub 32222 unsub=40772)i just want to know what the difference is for instate since i'm an instate student.

I got the same quote.

Anyone still not officially admitted..even tho they sent transcripts/test scores in awhile ago?

DrMikeyLu said:
Anyone still not officially admitted..even tho they sent transcripts/test scores in awhile ago?

I have the same problem, I sent all my transcripts in a month ago and there still hasn't been a change in my program status. I emailed admissions to see what was up so I will let you know if I hear anything back.

Hey..i was right..Linda Ferris was on vacation..and she said that i was complete...didnt tell me when my status was going to be changed..I will wait another week before bugging them again about it...Hope this helps

(contacted via email)

Hey all i thought i would share what happened today...

I work at the advising office at a university. Today we had a freshman and his mom come in, and i was helping him with his paperwork. All of the sudden, he starts leaning back and collapsing while his mom tried to hold him. His mom started screaming in desperation. after a few seconds he was fully conscious after blanking out. I asked him if he hadn't eaten anything he said no i had lunch. THen we asked his mom if this had happened to him before she was like ummmm he's had 5 brain surgeries, but this hasnt happened in 2 years, until 2 months ago....and they still haven't taken him to the doctor. Then when emergency came they refused and signed the waiver. They left the office and went to the library or something to print out the student's class schedule or whatever. oh man

Wow. That is a pretty interesting experience.

Countdown..19 days until i move in to Palm Trace...hopefully i'lll be officially admitted by then...

DrMikeyLu said:
Countdown..19 days until i move in to Palm Trace...hopefully i'lll be officially admitted by then...

3 days for me!!! :eek:

isotope1979 said:
3 days for me!!! :eek:

awesome danielle...let me know how it is...

btw. finally im officially admittted ...YAYYYY after 2 weeeks of having all of my stuff sent in...all i need now is my money!! hehe

Hey:

the survey results for the get together were the sat before classes start + going to beachplace in ft lauderdale. Now, where should we all meet at beachplace???

DrMikeyLu said:
awesome danielle...let me know how it is...

btw. finally im officially admittted ...YAYYYY after 2 weeeks of having all of my stuff sent in...all i need now is my money!! hehe

I just looked on webstar and noticed that my financial aid had been disbursed!!!!! yeayeayeayea!

isotope1979 said:
I just looked on webstar and noticed that my financial aid had been disbursed!!!!! yeayeayeayea!

OMG I just looked at my bank account and $13,000.00 had been deposited from NSU!!!!!!

AWESOME! :D

When y'all signed up for your email, what status did you have, and were all your transcripts in? I've been running around the past week or so since they've accepted me, and have been having so much trouble getting my email set up. Admissions says its a technology problem, the IT department says its an issue on their end, and I don't know who I need to talk to about this. Its especially frustrating since it seems like you need the email/PIN to do most of the other things that need to be done.

Did anyone else have this trouble, or is it just me? :confused:

loreli said:
When y'all signed up for your email, what status did you have, and were all your transcripts in? I've been running around the past week or so since they've accepted me, and have been having so much trouble getting my email set up. Admissions says its a technology problem, the IT department says its an issue on their end, and I don't know who I need to talk to about this. Its especially frustrating since it seems like you need the email/PIN to do most of the other things that need to be done.

Did anyone else have this trouble, or is it just me? :confused:

I had the same problem and talked to Leslie at 954 262-1416. She straightened out the issue.

isotope1979 said:
OMG I just looked at my bank account and $13,000.00 had been deposited from NSU!!!!!!

Congrats Danielle...but why so little? Stafford max is 40 K...so shouldnt you get 20 K?..or did they deduct the tuition and stuff already..and that 13K is from private loans etc.>?

packerfan said:
I had the same problem and talked to Leslie at 954 262-1416. She straightened out the issue.

Thanks! Hopefully I can talk to them on Monday and get it figured out. :)

DrMikeyLu said:
Congrats Danielle...but why so little? Stafford max is 40 K...so shouldnt you get 20 K?..or did they deduct the tuition and stuff already..and that 13K is from private loans etc.>?

They charged me like $14,000 with tuition and fees and such. I got about 27,000 in loans for this semester, which left me with over 13,000 to live off of for this semester. They will distrubute the rest next semester.

Anyone in the SOMA health insurance program? Any Pros/ Cons?

isotope1979 said:

You must not have worked that much last year. I worked full time and I'm only getting a few more thousand then tuition. :(
I hope I get more next year.

u could always get private loans john...

im gettin Grad Plus

DMC81 said:
You must not have worked that much last year. I worked full time and I'm only getting a few more thousand then tuition. :(
I hope I get more next year.

I worked full time, I think I pulled in around 19,500 as a CNA. Maybe I filled out my taxes out wrong and they will ask for some money back :eek:
:smuggrin: They will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.... :smuggrin:

Does anyone have the class codes for the classes we need to be registered for? Also, have they set a time for medical spanish, or is that still TBD?

Thanks!

which group are you in ..A or B...because they have different class codes to register for...the group you belong to is determined by which academic society you are in.

Help!

I was going to get in my husband's health insurance but now i have to wait until the next enrollment session (next yr) so this means i must get NSU's health insurance or some other.

Is anyone using any other health insurance provider that is less costly than NSU's? thankssssssssssss

lunallena said:
Help!

I was going to get in my husband's health insurance but now i have to wait until the next enrollment session (next yr) so this means i must get NSU's health insurance or some other.

Is anyone using any other health insurance provider that is less costly than NSU's? thankssssssssssss

I have researched it a bit and decided to go with the SOMA health plan because it was MUCH cheaper for my husband and I. It has a lot of coverage and there are three plans to choose from and you can add dental. However I think that with the SOMA plan you have to go with plan 1 or 2 becuase NSU has guidelines regarding how high a deductable your plan can have and amount of coverage and the plan 3 is high deductable and low coverage.
Here is some more information to help you:
SOMA Insurance
NSU Plan
NSU Waiver Form

hey thanks girl for the info on health insurance :)

i think it has to be plan 2 cause the annual max must be at least 200,000

DrMikeyLu said:
which group are you in ..A or B...because they have different class codes to register for...the group you belong to is determined by which academic society you are in.

Got it figured out. Thanks though!

i am so pissed! they can't find the FL residency papers i sent months ago!!!!! i'm so mad at NSU man it's like they can't get nothing right with me. here is all the reasons why...........

0) I had done the online secondary, and i called the office and told them that it didn't have the essay questions like the paper one did, so they told me to fill out the paper one and mail it back with the check and not to worry about the online one, that it would be cancelled.. Well, i was charged 50 bucks for each.

1) i went to the interview and the lady says "weren't you supposed to come in january?" (dec )

2) they did not place a copy of my DO letter in 2 of the interviewers files. thank god they mentioned it. the lady was like "so you never shadowed a DO right? i was like WHATTTTTTTTT. then the third doctor is like "I have it here......

3) they did not print out one of my letters of recommendation and place it in my file, so my file couldn't go to committee the 2nd week of december, and i had to wait till january to get a decision

4) i went to the office to get a verification form for NHSC filled out. i was bounced back and forth between 4 offices cause they didn't know who did that

5) i asked whether my finan. aid will be awarded before final transcript received, i got 2 different answers from different people

6) now they lose my residency papers which i sent back in february. and all they say is oops you gotta redo them! sorry! and the lady had told me she was going to call me back yesterday but she never did, i had to email her again today

Sorry all i'm just so dissapointed with the lack of professionalism of NSU admissions. Damn, i'm a very tolerant person but this is just ridiculous. I would not attend this school if it wasn't for the academic program. period.

wow that is horrrible.. it went very smoothly with me...but Cat also had to pay the secondary fee twice..because they supposedly couldnt find the last couple of pages of his app...(which he sent electronically) ...so he had to resend it yatta yatta...And he sent in all his physical/immunization forms WAY before everyone was sending us emails telling us to wait and turn it in during orienation..dont stress too much romy, the admissions process is almost over and you'll forget all about it once your head is buried in books :)

is everyone here already? i am moving from north miami to hollywood at the end of the month. anybody here in robert klein? heheheh :)