NoWW That's What I Call the 2000s - 8th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Vote @kdswg for the simple reason that we share the same stressor from UofI

I missed the start of the thread so when I clicked on the notification I thought i was being voted off already! Like the pain of waiting for illinois round 2 decisions isn’t enough!!!
ahhhh good luck you guys!!! i helped one of my close friends with her application this cycle and she also applied to Illinois, so I'm feeling your stress vicariously through her!! :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Btw, I am also not technically a noob (not sure if I am still a grasshopper or if I am now a padawan), but since you are mostly all a new batch you must me subjected to my horrible puns bready or not!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Btw, I am also not technically a noob (not sure if I am still a grasshopper or if I am now a padawan), but since you are mostly all a new batch you must me subjected to my horrible puns bready or not!
Nice to... wheat you.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
i vote @Vet01 for mayor because three is my favorite number and they are #3 on the roster!
Thanks for the mayor vote. The #3 is cool, but I would have to respectfully disagree and say 3 is not my favorite number. It's a very original favorite number (compared to 7 at least), but it is too low to have a lot of power. I'll accept my "nomination", but I am impartial to whether or not I actually become the mayor. May the most supported man/woman/person win!

I also vote WorthlessOxygen for mayor because it is indeed a mood

Unless there is a sudden surge to support me, I don't think I'm going to vote myself for mayor.

With that being said I think I'm going to vote for the person who has been on SDN the longest. Even though they are a noob for WW, I am sure they are an expert on how SDN works. From my research, they might have also been a manator in a previous noob game. That kind of knowledge and experience seems like it would make a great mayor in my opinion.
*Disclaimer: If Mel turns out to be a wolf, I want you all to know I have no previous connection to this person. I just randomly selected them because they were here the longest.

Vote @Melchizedek for mayor.

On another note, I am disappointed that @abolt18 is no longer playing. I was going to say that a wolf might be smart, but they are definitely not cool 10 times. I thought that was solid evidence on why they should be mayor. Then I went to the roster in this thread and quickly realized they are no longer playing :(

Members don't see this ad :)
i think that is solid reasoning! picking based on my favorite number may not have been the most strategic decision hahaha. but as a noob myself, i want a leader who knows what they are doing and can be effective!

unvote @Vet01

vote @Melchizedek

:writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer:
Unofficial Day 1 Mayoral Tally
sloth (3) - bluestoat, Zepp, Enigma
mkg (1) - justafluff
Vet01 () -
WorthlessOxygen (4) - Books, sloth, potentialsheltervet, IvyMoose
justafluff (2) - Halocat, puppydogtor
FeedMeSeymour (2) - moth, FeedMeSeymour
kdswg (2) - AceHydro, WorthlessOxygen
AceHydro (1) - kdswg
Mel (2) - Vet01, Dana_May_B

17/25
vote close in ~10 hours
:writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Omg Mel as mayor of noobs sounds mildly terrifying (but also potentially incredible)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I also vote worthlessoxygen because covid is making the name an absolute mood 🙃😎

I think Mel has 3 votes: Dana_May_B, Vet01 and Bluestoat

So many buns this early in the morning!

Also, changing my vote to Melchizedek. Sorry Philoslothy.
:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:
You can change votes using the format:

Unvote AM
Vote Zenge

:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Care to explain more?

Interested in this info as well :unsure:
a) I always think Mel is wolfing even when he isn’t, so it would be terrifying for me personally

b) Mel has a reputation as a good wolf, good wolves as mayors is a bad thing. (Mayors often get extra abilities, though what those are/if they exist is usually something only the mayor knows. In past games it’s often been things like opening PMs or breaking vote ties)

c) noobs are chaotic (that’s what makes noob games fun!!) and it seems like Mel would thrive on that chaos as either village!mayor or wolf!mayor

I'll also vote justafluff because bunnies are the best! :giggle:

a) I always think Mel is wolfing even when he isn’t, so it would be terrifying for me personally

b) Mel has a reputation as a good wolf, good wolves as mayors is a bad thing. (Mayors often get extra abilities, though what those are/if they exist is usually something only the mayor knows. In past games it’s often been things like opening PMs or breaking vote ties)

c) noobs are chaotic (that’s what makes noob games fun!!) and it seems like Mel would thrive on that chaos as either village!mayor or wolf!mayor
Ok, I'm convinced cause I love chaos.
Unvote mkg323 (sorry Obi wan)
Vote Melchizedek for mayor

• Haha
Unless there is a sudden surge to support me, I don't think I'm going to vote myself for mayor.

With that being said I think I'm going to vote for the person who has been on SDN the longest. Even though they are a noob for WW, I am sure they are an expert on how SDN works. From my research, they might have also been a manator in a previous noob game. That kind of knowledge and experience seems like it would make a great mayor in my opinion.
*Disclaimer: If Mel turns out to be a wolf, I want you all to know I have no previous connection to this person. I just randomly selected them because they were here the longest.

Vote @Melchizedek for mayor.

So many buns this early in the morning!

Also, changing my vote to Melchizedek. Sorry Philoslothy.

i think that is solid reasoning! picking based on my favorite number may not have been the most strategic decision hahaha. but as a noob myself, i want a leader who knows what they are doing and can be effective!

unvote @Vet01

vote @Melchizedek

Ok, I'm convinced cause I love chaos.
Unvote mkg323 (sorry Obi wan)
Vote Melchizedek for mayor

I appreciate these votes, I’m slightly busy these next few days so I think someone who will be around more should get your votes!

I was thinking about this as I read the posts voting for sloth; do we want an experienced player to get some sort of leadership role? I think you all should vote a noob because the trust issues that come with being betrayed by an experienced wolf player is just too much to handle for a first game

On another note: What do y’all think wolves would be doing these first couple of days? What would villagers be trying to do?

I was going to try to fly under the radar as a noob but you blew my cover :laugh:

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
well if Mel thinks someone else should be mayor, I have no problem changing my vote!

unvote @Melchizedek
vote @justafluff

reasoning: justafluff seems very friendly, is very active, understands the truly chaotic nature of rabbits, and is a noob!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure I can agree with this. In a game of survival, I don't think I like chaos.
In case anyone is wondering, you can still win with your side even if you’re dead

You are my fellow grasshopper. I think we’re the only 2!

do we want an experienced player to get some sort of leadership role? I think you all should vote a noob because the trust issues that come with being betrayed by an experienced wolf player is just too much to handle for a first game
I am definitely not experienced, did you see how that last game turned out 😂 but yes I think an enthusiastic newbie would be best. Mel scares me a little as a mayor

• Care
Day 1: Stunner Number One Superstar Mayor Vote Tally

Philosloth (2) - Zeppoli, TME
mkg ()
Vet01 ()
WorthlessO2 (5) - booksnshoes, Philosloth, potentialsheltervet, IvyMoose, BiranM54
justafluff (4) - Halocat, puppydr, violetvett, Dana_May_B,
FeedMeSeymour (1) - motheatenlysis
kdswg (2) - AceHydro, WorthlessO2
AceHydro (1) - kdswg
Mel (3) - Vet01, bluestoat, justafluff

18/25

Mayor vote deadline closes at 10pmET/9pmCT/7pmFantasyland/PT (~6.25 hours)
2e3cbeea17dd69a80d8dee990a429022.gif

• Love
In case anyone is wondering, you can still win with your side even if you’re dead
What's the fun in winning while dead though? I would think the people that survive and win for their team would feel more accomplished than the people on their team that die early.

I guess I'm going to heed all the warnings and change my vote. I didn't put as much research into this vote, but I want to put another name in the possible mayor pool. I think everyone loves puppies and who doesn't want to be a puppy dogtor.

unvote @Melchizedek
vote @puppydogtor