NHSC Scholarship 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does that mean you never took loans for school?!? I'm jealous

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else get a credit check from 7/21 as well?

@XtrasDental When did they checked yours? Thanks for letting us know!

Yeah i got a hard inquiry back in June apparently! I used credit karma for the first time this weekend, checked equifax specifically and saw a hard inquiry...verified it to be Credco

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone wants to start a prayer group for this, message me.

Reactions: 2 users
Related update: The first round of credit checks for Nurse Corps happened yesterday and, historically, finalist emails have followed soon after. Since they follow the same funding pattern, I think NHSC finalists may hear soon!

Related update: The first round of credit checks for Nurse Corps happened yesterday and, historically, finalist emails have followed soon after. Since they follow the same funding pattern, I think NHSC finalists may hear soon!
Hey! I am from there too!!!

I am guessing today wasn't the day? Good thoughts to everyone for the upcoming week!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

So what happens tomorrow? Do people get def Yes and no's? I haven't gotten a credit check so feeling pretty lame right now but just wondering what will happen.

So what happens tomorrow? Do people get def Yes and no's? I haven't gotten a credit check so feeling pretty lame right now but just wondering what will happen.

What's going onnnnnnn

Last year finalist emails were sent on the 27th so Im betting we all hear tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

Nothing for sure, but last year they were sent on the 27th. But no one truly knows, they could come the last Wednesday in July every year and that would be today. So really, I am trying not to worry until people get their letters. They don't send out denials until October though.

Does anyone know if you get the credit check how likely you are to get the offer?

A positive mindset is pivotal at times like these. Spreading positivity to y'all.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, a friend at Penn Dental who received the four year NHSC scholarship last year told me that she received an email from NHSC at 9am on July 27th stating to wait for another email, and then approximately at 11am she received her finalist email, in which stated that she had ~1 week to complete some stuff to still be considered for the award. And then she heard back that she officially got the award on August 3(?) or something like that.

My heart is thumping so hard I can barely sleep. Good luck everyone! Hopefully there's some leeway, and they release multiple rounds of finalist emails?

Reactions: 1 users
So, a friend at Penn Dental who received the four year NHSC scholarship last year told me that she received an email from NHSC at 9am on July 27th stating to wait for another email, and then approximately at 11am she received her finalist email, in which stated that she had ~1 week to complete some stuff to still be considered for the award. And then she heard back that she officially got the award on August 3(?) or something like that.

My heart is thumping so hard I can barely sleep. Good luck everyone! Hopefully there's some leeway, and they release multiple rounds of finalist emails?

Thank you, I will be checking this while my dental school orientation commences.

Nothing here either!
Couldn't sleep last night, but let's all stay positive. I don't think anyone's received anything yet!

Nothing here either!
Couldn't sleep last night, but let's all stay positive. I don't think anyone's received anything yet!

Maybe it won't even come today isn't it just speculation? Lol if only they knew how eager we were. Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.

Here is a message from the 2015 thread. Apparentley the emails are sent individually. Some people even stated getting the email in the afternoon time

Congratulations to all the new NHSC Scholars!

I spoke with the BHW representative about the finalist process. I received a 6/11 credit check but no finalist email. Here are some key points:

1. Finalist emails were sent out individually. It was not a mass finalist email. I asked the representative if they would be more finalist emails sent out in the initial round. She stated that she didn't know. My gut tells me if we don't receive an email today, we were not in the initial finalist round. In past forums, it appears that every finalist was notified on the same day. However, things may have changed.

2. As previously stated, every year there are people who for various reasons decline the scholarship. The BHW representative informed me that there will be a 2nd round of finalist emails sent. How many? She didn't know. So, stay encouraged! There will be at least a few more finalist selected in the coming weeks!!

3. Not to discourage anybody (because I am in the waiting game too), I asked if we were not selected could we speak with someone who reviewed our application for constructive feedback/criticism. She stated that if not selected, the portal should provide you with a reason of why your application was not selected. I am first time applicant, I can't verify this statement. However, if I am not chosen as scholar, I will reapply and call back in for some type of feedback If not selected, we will be notified by September 30th.

On a personal note: I am 2nd time successful applicant to medical school. Stay encouraged, I am prove of second chances proving successful!!!! I am so ok with buy 1 year of medical school, get 3 years for free. Incoming M1.

Again, congrats to all the new scholars!!!!!

I'm vaguely wondering if the watch these discussion boards and chuckle.

"You know what John, cancel Mikes application this Garett 24 user has a sick ass gif avatar, send him a finalist email."

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
"You know what John, cancel Mikes application this Garett 24 user has a sick ass gif avatar, send him a finalist email."
"Look at how they are stressing. Guys let's postpone this until at least tomorrow. Maybe next week would be even better, they will have such a great weekend that way!"

At least no one pulled a "I got a finalist email!...jk" stunt like they did last year! That was not cool. But on the bright side, at least no one has heard anything yet and it's not just you!

im guessing today wasn't the day. or that none of us are finalist

If no one got a notification on SDN, then no one got it; SDN represents the overqualified applicants. Don't fret.
Haha overqualified? Overanxious maybe. But I do agree that if they sent them out, at least someone on here would have said something... And that's not a slight against anyone here. Everyone is super supportive and that's good, but it's an open forum... I mean, I saw someone on here the other day who got a 12 on one of their DAT sections.

Reactions: 1 users
Haha overqualified? Overanxious maybe. But I do agree that if they sent them out, at least someone on here would have said something... And that's not a slight against anyone here. Everyone is super supportive and that's good, but it's an open forum... I mean, I saw someone on here the other day who got a 12 on one of their DAT sections.

I could make the argument that those that are overqualified tend to indeed be overanxious, but the intention and direction of my post was right. And, for the record, the DAT section may not be your best example, especially when those that post and advertise their results to the public usually tend to be on the higher side.

I will continue to pray, and for the others that have requested me to do so.

I will continue to pray, and for the others that have requested me to do so.

If you're giving out prayers, I'll take one at this point. I had ten credit checks in a few days - none of them CREDCO. (I was a consigner for a refugee friend who was unable to get a used car loan any other way.) Every credit alert/text was a thrill and then a let down. :/

Both of you have been added to my prayer list. With God, anything is possible.

the. wait. is. torturous... -_-

anyone here USC Ostrow 2021??

Also - does anyone know when they actually disburse the scholarship $?

So, what's going on? I applied for this scholarship but haven't heard anything from NHSC. Has anyone gotten a scholarship?

There goes my sleep again for tonight. I am actually livid at losing sleep. Only for something as big as this
Same! I'm hoping to hear something in less than a week. I'm going to be moving out of state for school soon. BTW I find it very cool that we have the same AADSAS calculated GPA. What school are you going to be attending?

I just called customer service. She said she hasn't heard of anyone being rewarded the scholarships yet and that the applications are still under review. "Keep an eye on your email for confirmation of interest or finalist emails. You will hear back no later than Septmeber 30th."

Seems like your average scripted response. But at least the good news is no one has been granted the scholarship yet

Reactions: 7 users
I just called customer service. She said she hasn't heard of anyone being rewarded the scholarships yet and that the applications are still under review. "Keep an eye on your email for confirmation of interest or finalist emails. You will hear back no later than Septmeber 30th."

Seems like your average scripted response. But at least the good news is no one has been granted the scholarship yet

I have never felt such a simultaneous feeling of relief and anxiety.

At this rate, I will have a heart attack.